Not Driving - Transfer Orlando to Miami

Kiwi Kid

Hoping someone can point us in the right direction. Have searched this forum and found mention of transfers but no specifics. As we are from NZ, we are not comfortable to try driving "on the other side of the road" without our husbands, so please, this isn't an option! We'd prefer to arrive at Miami stress free and be dropped at the cruise terminal with our bags.

Have found the Florida Express Bus Company who offer a door to door service, but wonder if there are other options? We've also stumbled across a company called Latin Express but can't get much info on them.

As our accommodation is paid up until the Sunday when we depart, we'd prefer to be collected early on the Sunday morning to meet up with our cruise that afternoon (travelling in November).

Appreciate any input. Cheers, Jo

Jo,

Are you wanting transportation from Orlando to Miami? Are you flying into Orlando, staying for awhile, then going to Miami?

I did a quick Mapquest just from city to city and it was 235 miles or 3 hrs 42 min:eek: Unless someone here knows of a reputable bus company, then I don't think I'd recommend leaving Orlando that day. Hopefully, some of our Florida friends can help you out.

Otherwise, have you considered taking a flight there? It might or might not be too expensive, but maybe you can check into that option.

Good Luck:)

Google Cruise Connection, they do transfers to Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. I checked on line and saw they pick up at a McDonalds in Orlando, you would have to take a taxi there. But they will take you directly to your ship. We have used them several times from our home on the west coast of Florida.

You can book a one-way or round trip. We normally cruise Princess out of Ft. Lauderdale and just have the transfers added to our booking, but you can book on your own.

They will stop a few times on the way to pick up other passengers, we usually get to the port around 1 pm (1300 hrs.). An easy and painless way to start your vacation.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Will look at Southwest flights when they open up November schedule, but think we could just be busing it. Cheers, Jo

Make sure you can get transfers from the Port of Miami to FLL for your return. This was the challenge we faced as some of the transfer companies cannot pick up at the Port of Miami.

Jo, enjoyed your post. I vacationed in NZ a few years ago. Driving was interesting, but after 3 weeks and a few thousand miles, I finally got the hang of it. LOL

I will add it was the most beautiful country I have ever seen.

Jo, enjoyed your post. I vacationed in NZ a few years ago. Driving was interesting, but after 3 weeks and a few thousand miles, I finally got the hang of it. LOL

I will add it was the most beautiful country I have ever seen.

Appreciate the comments - must confess until last year I hadn 't seen much of my own country as it's cheaper to go overseas! But after spending time in the South Island must concur with you - though it can get very cold.

As for driving - in NZ there are probably 3-4 fatalities per year involving rental cars crossing median lines etc- and you always presume it's people that have had difficulties adjusting to right hand drive. We know we'll manage fine without a car as our main focus is theme parks so plenty of options there - and post cruise 4 nights in Vegas so have packed the walking shoes. Oh happy days! Jo

If my best option was to fly into Orlando, I cannot imagine that it would ever be cheaper to hook up with a transportation company, than renting a car. It would have to be cheaper to rent a car and drive down and drop off the car than to find a bus or something to Miami. We cruise in February and unless airfare drops from Columbus to Miami by then I will fly round trip into FLL with a combined savings of $160. I will use some of that to rent and drop off a car in South Beach. I should be able to rent for no more than 30-35 (if I fly into MIA it will cost me about $30 for taxi to South Beach) for a day. Will use cruiseline transfer back to FLL after cruise.

Archived