JS, tea & coffee in cabin?

I have been reading quite a confusing thread about whether a JS is a suite or not for the purposes of check in. There was a comment made by someone that they had the tea and coffee supplied in the cabin (presumably with a water heater or a cafetierre) We will be on the Navigator TA in November in a JS and I am curious to know whether this is true.

As we will not have the use of the CL any more for the lovely cappuchino machine it would be rather nice to be able to 'brew up' ourselves.

BTW, I do know it is always possible to order hot drinks from room service and that there are drinks available at the Cafe Promenade.

We've sailed in JS staterooms three times and have not had tea and coffee in the stateroom unless we called room service to have it delivered. Different cabin stewards may do things differently. Perhaps it was just an extra benefit that particular cabin steward provided hoping to increase the tips.

As part of the new "Suite Enhancements" you will find an ensuite tea maker in all JS cabins fleet wide. We just recently returned from 29 days on Radiance and had such a tea maker. I believe that this just went into effect beginning March 1 2009

The tea kettle is electric where you add water and they supply you with two china cups, spoons, tea and sugar packets. If you want to make coffee, you would have to bring instant from home plus creamer.

Suite Enhancements (complete):

Royal Suite,Royal Family Suite, Presidential Family Suite,Owner’s Suite,Grand Suite

Oasis Class: Royal Loft Suite, Sky Loft Suite, AquaTheater Suite&Crown Loft Suite

• Priority check-in

• Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service

• Complimentary luggage valet service

• Complimentary pressing service on formal night

• Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows (where available)

• VIP pool deck seating (Voyager and Freedom Class)

• Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining

• Mattel® board games available to order for in-room entertainment for the kids

• Priority tender tickets (where available)

• Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurant (Voyager and Freedom Class)

• Priority departure with exclusive suite departure lounge - includes continental breakfast

• Luxury spa bathrobes (for use onboard)

• Gold SeaPass® Card for recognition

Junior Suite Enhancements

• Tea and coffee service ensuite

• Terry bathrobes (for use onboard)

• Bathroom amenities

• Silver SeaPass® card for recognition

As part of the new "Suite Enhancements" you will find an ensuite tea maker in all JS cabins fleet wide. We just recently returned from 29 days on Radiance and had such a tea maker. I believe that this just went into effect beginning March 1 2009

The tea kettle is electric where you add water and they supply you with two china cups, spoons, tea and sugar packets. If you want to make coffee, you would have to bring instant from home plus creamer.

Suite Enhancements (complete):

Royal Suite,Royal Family Suite, Presidential Family Suite,Owner’s Suite,Grand Suite

Oasis Class: Royal Loft Suite, Sky Loft Suite, AquaTheater Suite&Crown Loft Suite

• Priority check-in

• Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service

• Complimentary luggage valet service

• Complimentary pressing service on formal night

• Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows (where available)

• VIP pool deck seating (Voyager and Freedom Class)

• Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining

• Mattel® board games available to order for in-room entertainment for the kids

• Priority tender tickets (where available)

• Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurant (Voyager and Freedom Class)

• Priority departure with exclusive suite departure lounge - includes continental breakfast

• Luxury spa bathrobes (for use onboard)

• Gold SeaPass® Card for recognition

• Bathroom amenities

Glad to hear that. Our next cruise will be on the Radiance.:)

• Bathroom amenities

Ironic, since they show coffee as a JS service... I had the same experience on Mariner - a tea kettle and tea bags, but no coffee. I think I'll figure out a way to bring something that I can brew in a cup for our September cruise.

Ironic, since they show coffee as a JS service... I had the same experience on Mariner - a tea kettle and tea bags, but no coffee. I think I'll figure out a way to bring something that I can brew in a cup for our September cruise.

Yeah, I forgot about the tea service also, and could have had my Folger's every morning when we were on Radiance.:o

I presume that nothing would prevent one from picking up a few bags of hot chocolate mix and tea bags of their own preference from what is available in the Lido at all times - just as long as there is an electric pot to heat the water.:)

I presume that nothing would prevent one from picking up a few bags of hot chocolate mix and tea bags of their own preference from what is available in the Lido at all times - just as long as there is an electric pot to heat the water.:)

That is so true. We recently sailed on the Rhapsody in a JS and had the electric pot to heat water and several tea assortments in a basket next to it. During our dining times in the Windjammer, it was nothing to pick up packs of hot chocolate to take with us back to the room. I took a small can of my favorite coffee and It was very nice being able to sit back and enjoy a nice cup of tea, coffee or chocolate during the cruise outside on the balcony.

Finally, answers to my question about seeing this black electric boiler in a picture. I had called Royal and they told me to ask our room steward for one. We are in a balcony. Do you think we will actually be able to snag one from our room steward or purser's desk for our cruise on the AOS next Sunday?

Jean, at my local grocery store, (starts with an "A" and ends in "son's"), there is a coffee cup brewer that has a cone-shaped filter so you can brew it right in the cup.

Wish I had found this before I bought a French Press to take on my recent Mariner cruise. This may not be as messy. I am going to check it out myself....

Call me lazy, but you are on vacation folks.... Why are you messing with

coffee makers and teapots and hot chocolate packets??

Hello, Room Service!!!!

Perhaps its just easier to brew than to call and wait and wait and wait.

I understand that, but for me, the only time I want anything really

delivered to my cabin is in the morning and they are usually calling on

the phone before I get up.

I have to admit I so look forward to that... That is something I do

not get at home.

Hello, Room Service!!!!

not get at home.

My routine is get up and get coffee. You're right, its vacation and I have no idea what time I am going to get up the next day. Usually depends how long I stayed up the night before. Makes its hard to pre-order coffee for room service or call room service and wait. I want my coffee and sit out on the balcony to wake up to the beautiful day that lays ahead.

Hello, Room Service!!!!

My routine is get up and get coffee. You're right, its vacation and I have no idea what time I am going to get up the next day. Usually depends how long I stayed up the night before. Makes its hard to pre-order coffee for room service or call room service and wait. I want my coffee and sit out on the balcony to wake up to the beautiful day that lays ahead.

Yes, I order room service, too. But I just have to have coffee while I am waiting for room service to bring the pot!

Yes, I am an addict...........:D

Why make my own coffee? I don't much care for what RCI serves. I'd rather bring my own blend if I can brew it in the room. As for tea service why bother with room service if there's a kettle in the room. It doesn't take much effort to brew hot water for a couple of cups of tea in the morning or the evening before going to sleep. It also allows us to bring our own brands of tea that we prefer rather than relying on whatever RCI has on hand.

This is a nice enhancement for JS stateroom guests. We have a JS stateroom booked for our next cruise. It makes me look forward to it just a little more. It will be interesting to see the new Seapass card, just for the kicks of it. I don't know that it will get us anywhere onboard but it will be nice to have something a little different in our collection of Seapass cards.

Jean, at my local grocery store, (starts with an "A" and ends in "son's"), there is a coffee cup brewer that has a cone-shaped filter so you can brew it right in the cup.

Wish I had found this before I bought a French Press to take on my recent Mariner cruise. This may not be as messy. I am going to check it out myself....

I'll check it out, thanks!

I wonder if they would bring you the coffee service if you asked? Usually there is the coffee press and coffee packs also with the tea stuff, in the GS and higher cabins.

I asked my cabin steward about the coffee service on Mariner and she said, only GS & higher. I suppose I could have argued the point, but I had brought my commuter mug, so could just run to the CL and fill up each morning.

Hello, Room Service!!!!

not get at home.

I hate having to guess what time I'm going to get up in the morning. Room service ALWAYS wakes me up, so I don't call them any more unless I'm going out early and have to get up. Being able to brew a quick cup first thing would be terrific.

Hello, Room Service!!!!

not get at home.

I prefer very strong tea, several times a day, and bring my own. Most often the "Room Service" water isn't truly hot enough to properly steep the tea. Also, it seems ridiculous to call, wait for delivery, when you could simply brew your own. I bring a cup, sugar, and a spoon from home, then get milk from the Windjammer at breakfast, which I store in fridge.

Archived