Rome airport hotels

Why you not take a hotel in the centre of Rome, near the main trainstation are many good hotels and not expensive. The best way is to check on Google Earth zoom in pick a hotel and check the prices.

We stay in july 26 for 3 day's in Rome 2 blocks from the main trainstation

in a nice 3 star hotel with very good reviews for only 43 Euro p.p.p.n.

It's just about 10 min walk to the Colloseum, what more you want.

Check Hotel Serena http://www.hotelserenaroma.it/inglese/hotel.htm

I booked 4 rooms for our last night in Rome at the Hilton for convenience...room rate through Hotels.com was $150. including taxes and extra person charges...2 persons per room (8 of US)

swalm22,

Thanks for your advice, however this is for my elderly parents who require a hotel close to the airport after their cruise because they have an early morning flight the following day.

You can take the Leonardo Express on the main trainstation 30 min to the airport.

The Leonardo Express is a special train shuttle for the airport Fiumicino Rome.

Every 30 min. train leaves to Roma Termini, travel time 30 min. € 11 p.p.

Any recommendations for a hotel close to the Fiumicino Rome airport with shuttle service? I've heard that the Hilton is good but it is very pricey at the moment.

We stayed in a hotel in Fiumicino that was only about 4 kms from the airport. We had an 8am flight. The downside being what we paid for the shuttle to the airport was more than what the difference was between the Hilton and our hotel. Lesson learned - stay at the Hilton.

Well, I don't know how strongly I would recommend them, but I have stayed at both the Sheraton and the Holiday Inn at Parco Dei Medici about 15 minutes from the airport. Both have free shuttles to the airport and to the historic center. There isn't much nearby as they cater to the businesses in the area. The Holiday Inn is also in walking distance to the Muratella rail station.

There are two Hiltons at the Rome Airport. The main Hilton at the airport is convienent but pretty pricy. The Hilton Garden is located adjacent to the Airport and does run specials that are reasonable. What is reasonable..... $180 US dollars or less. Note there is also a new Sheraton close to the airport that is in that reasonable range. Tim

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn on points. It was fine. I am told that the Hilton beside the airport is quite expensive BUT that it often has specials so you may want to book something but call them directly a few days before and get a price from the front desk vs using a TA or online. We spent our last day in Rome, had dinner, collected our luggage and then went out to the airport at night. We were on Lufthansa. We stopped at the check in and they gave us our boarding passes (6:30AM flight). Doing this allowed us to show up at the airport 45 minutes prior to flight time(instead of 90) and just drop off our bags. This was a European flight. We were glad that we did this. When we left the Hilton in the AM, they gave us each a box breakfast...fruit, yogurt, juice, and a mystery bun so that was handy. The Garden Inn is a five minute shuttle to the airport-arrange you time of departure the night before.

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn on points. It was fine. ... We spent our last day in Rome, had dinner, collected our luggage and then went out to the airport at night. We were on Lufthansa. We stopped at the check in and they gave us our boarding passes (6:30AM flight). Doing this allowed us to show up at the airport 45 minutes prior to flight time(instead of 90) and just drop off our bags. This was a European flight. We were glad that we did this. When we left the Hilton in the AM, they gave us each a box breakfast...fruit, yogurt, juice, and a mystery bun so that was handy. The Garden Inn is a five minute shuttle to the airport-arrange you time of departure the night before.

iancal,

We will be doing something similar to this in Oct. Currently, we have booked the regular Hilton on points, but Garden Inn is less points so we may go with them instead (I doubt the Airport Hilton will give us a breakfast doggie bag).

I love your idea of checking in with LH the night before! I have a couple of questions: We will be transitting in Frankfurt to an overseas flight. Do you have any idea if we can get boarding passes for the TATL flight also the night before? Could you have checked your bags the night before as well but chose not to, or is that not allowed? Thanks!

We stay in july 26 for 3 day's in Rome 2 blocks from the main trainstation in a nice 3 star hotel with very good reviews for only 43 Euro p.p.p.n. It's just about 10 min walk to the Colloseum, what more you want. Check Hotel Serena http://www.hotelserenaroma.it/inglese/hotel.htm

swalm22,

Thanks for the recommendation. From the photos on their website, it looks like a nice hotel. Could you tell me if it was very noisy (either from the city sounds outside or from next door rooms)? Thanks!

My experience with the Airport Hotels was two years ago. I did take pictures of the bath tube at the Hilton Garden. I'm not use to seeing bath tubs when traveling Europe so that is probably the reason I took it. See the attached picture. There were several things we like with the Airport Garden. We had to wait maybe 20 minutes for a room and were offered free bottled water. Take if it if it is offered because you usually have to pay at least 3 euros for a bottled water, even on Luthansa bottled water cost $3 euros. The room we had was very quiet. We did not notice any jet noise. I have heard the Main Hilton has a dinner buffet which is pretty expensive. Around $28 euros a person. At the Garden there was a cafe area where you could order a salad, pizza, or a sandwich. I think the two of us ate for less than 22 euros. The pizza was good. If you use the shuttle service make sure to make your reservations the night before. The reason I stayed near the airport was because of an early morning flight. We just did not want to be stressing. Tim

DSC00349.jpg.abfe3900547e09933147a41e88389fa0.jpg

We stayed at the FCO Hilton across the street from the teminal it was great, the best breakfast buffet we ever had, no stress waiting for a taxi or shuttle for an early flight. We took the cruiseship transfer from Civitvecchia to the airport on debakation day walked across the street to the hotel checked in and were lucky to get our room early (they have a luggage room in case your room is not ready). They have a free shutttle to several Rome sites which allowed us another full day of enjoying our last day in Italy. And then settling in a very clean and spacious room ( after 2 weeks in a cruiseship cabin it seemed huge).

Jassy...I cannot say if Lufthansa will let you check your bags the night before but I would HIGHLY doubt it because of security issues. We lucked out...we had dinner in Rome, collected our bags from our lodgings near S. Pietro rail station, and then took the train to FCO. Westopped at Lufthansa because we wanted to get better seating thru Frankfurt to Canada. I asked them off chance we could get boarding passes and they obliged but impressed on us that we had to show up a luggage drop off NO later than 45 minutes prior to departure. It gave extra time in the morning and we did not have to concern ourselves with the old question about how early is early. My guess is that the answer will be yes. What was nice was that there was NO line up, we walked away with boarding passes in hand, thru to Canada, in less than 10 minutes all told. We stayed at the Garden Inn because all I had left was 22K points. Hilton Airport was 25K points We like to use points in Europe vs NA because the hotels are so expensive. Cannot comment on the restaurant in the hotel...we usually stay away from hotel eateries and we had planned to eat in Rome. Don't count on eating at FCO...food is awful from our experience. The room was very good. They have a laundry room on each floor..washers, dryers, even ironing facitlities and even a shoe polishing machine. They may have given us water as well, cannot remember. We made sure that we booked the airport shuttle when we checked in , and the next morning we went down to the lobby 10 minutes early. The hotel is near the terminal, in and amongst offices and air freight warehouses. We also took the Gardin Inn shuttle at night from FCO to to the hotel. Everything went well, our experince at the hotel was very good.

Last year we stayed at the Ostia Antica Park hotel which was about 10 minutes from the airport. We stayed in Rome precruise and were flying out the next morning.

I also wanted to see the old Roman port ruins at Ostia. They were great and we spent about 4 hours exploring and not crowded and lots of trees and almost as good as Pompeii. The hotel was okay and reasonable. They charged about 5 euros for the van to the airport.

Archived