Little things to pack?

dna515

Don't forget a bungee cord to keep balcony door open ... also solid room freshener is a nice idea to freshen your cabin (especially OV and Inside) ... packets of hand wpes, as it's impossible to avoid handling the railings ...

Pam;)

A bungee cord??

Don't forget a bungee cord to keep balcony door open ... also solid room freshener is a nice idea to freshen your cabin (especially OV and Inside) ... packets of hand wpes, as it's impossible to avoid handling the railings ...

Pam;)

Door doesnt stay open ?:confused:

Door doesnt stay open ?:confused:

They tell me it doesn't. They also say that if you want the A/C to keep working in the room, even while you have the door held open by the bungee cord, that a small magnet will trick the A/C into thinking the door IS closed - thus the AC will work. Uh - you put the magnet over that place where door jamb piece is found. Hope this makes sense. Feel free to correct me if what "they" have been telling me is not true!!!

They tell me it doesn't. They also say that if you want the A/C to keep working in the room, even while you have the door held open by the bungee cord, that a small magnet will trick the A/C into thinking the door IS closed - thus the AC will work. Uh - you put the magnet over that place where door jamb piece is found. Hope this makes sense. Feel free to correct me if what "they" have been telling me is not true!!!

Ok...um...I'm confused. Should I bring a little magnet to trick the AC???

Post-it notes. That way you can leave notes for the cabin steward or others traveling with you.

I thought I'd thought of everything...but post it notes is a great idea that never occurred to me! Thanks.

I would recomend 2 way radios... On my last cruise i lost my husband on the ship and with no way to call him we looked for each other for hours... lol

That's hysterical! Of course, I'd think my husband was deliberately lost and I'd just go spend some money. :)

Last cruise (Mediterrean in December ) on NCL Jade we kept the balcony door open (w/o a Bungee cord) when at sea - and our A/C worked just fine.;)

I always pack two or three large duffel bags, dirty clothes go in the duffel bags and then the souvenirs can go in the sturdier luggage - it helps keep the kids cabin a bit neater and it also makes it much easier when we get home, just dump the duffel's in the laundry room!

Not sure if anyone has already mentioned a clock - I always wind up buying a cheap watch on board because I have forgotten my travel clock!

I bring a little bag of assorted meds. Advil, Seasick plus stronger nausea meds, benadryl, tums and definately anti-diarrea. My DH had to fly home with food poisoning and now I never travel with out it. Tide to go is a lifesaver also. I got ketchup off of brand new canvas shoes on the the 1st day of a cruise. Large plastic bags for dirty clothes and bringing still wet bathing suits. I forget a highlighter every time!;)

Ok...um...I'm confused. Should I bring a little magnet to trick the AC???

That is the message if I understand the advice correctly!!!! Having AC on in the room is desirable even if you have balcony door bungeed open. BTW - do NOT have balcony door AND hallway door open at the same time - you will create a monster wind tunnel.

Last cruise (Mediterrean in December ) on NCL Jade we kept the balcony door open (w/o a Bungee cord) when at sea - and our A/C worked just fine.;)

Maybe it is Carnival fluke - you 'spose??? Thanks for info.

>>> I like to bring a few postcards from where I live to share with the crew on the ship, and guides on tours. It's fun for conversationm, and gives them a quick souvinier from another area.

>>> $2 bills for quick tips around the ship. Particular people that help make my vacation spectacular, but are not connected to "my" sign and sail tip distribution. The staff in the public dining areas, the sushi bar, the waiter/waitress that never fails to bring me a lovely ice water (when that is what I really want). You get the idea.

>>> a travel alarm clock

>>> clothespins for hanging my wet suit in the shower (there's usually a linein there)

>>> a small bottle of peroxide If you get swimmers ear, or another need for this it will come in very handy. You cannot purchase this on the ship, and will have to see the ships doctor to obtain it for your ears

>>> Bandaids and triple antibiotic ointment (companion to peroxide)

Hope this helps.

Yesterday, I bought one of those fan misters at WalMart. It's a battery-operated fan that you fill with ice water and voila- you have a mister on a hot day! I was at Sea World recently and saw a bunch of people that had them and I was so jealous because it was sooo hot! But of course they are so expensive in the park, so I didn't buy one then. I will bring it with me in my beach bag wherever I go now!

1.)hair conditioner - while shower may have multipurpose shampoo/soap, there is no conditioner.

2.)memory cards camera- I prefer multiple and change throughout cruise. that way God forbid something happens to camera, I have not lost all cruise photos.

3.)air freshner

4.)Folder for photos to keep them flat

5.)preprinted address labels of those I need to send postcards to

re:purse I have a small over the body type purse easy to put a camera,sunglasses and sign & sail card. With it being over body, it cannot be put down or fogotten on back of chair.

I personally use Vera Bradley its style is "amy" and washabble if need be!

Straps can also be double looped for a smaller handle length.

Clock that stays lit, extension cord, clear over-the-door shoe rack, zip lock bags for wet suits, lanyard or wristlet, wrist watch to keep track of shiptime while on land -- your cellphone will automatically switch to the correct time zone, which is not always helpful on cruises when you want to stay aware of ship's time.

Clock that stays lit, extension cord, clear over-the-door shoe rack, zip lock bags for wet suits, lanyard or wristlet, wrist watch to keep track of shiptime while on land -- your cellphone will automatically switch to the correct time zone, which is not always helpful on cruises when you want to stay aware of ship's time.

GREAT IDEA!!! I didn't think of that!

Keep a packing list!

Revise it, make notes of what works and what doesn't.

Make a section for warm weather travel, another for cold weather, section for your First Aid kit, etc. Time to pack - print out the master list, cross out the sections you don't need and pack away.

When you're finished packing, throw your list in your suitcase. It will help in not forgetting anything on the way home.

Computers are great for keeping your master list(s) handy and updated.

Keep one for each child. As soon as my children could read, they were given their own packing list and they did their own packing. Sure, it required some help in the beginning, but it makes getting ready for a trip (camping, cruising, etc.) so easy.

Note: Rechargeable batteries last longer in digital cameras than the throwaways.

Keep a packing list!

Revise it, make notes of what works and what doesn't.

Make a section for warm weather travel, another for cold weather, section for your First Aid kit, etc. Time to pack - print out the master list, cross out the sections you don't need and pack away.

When you're finished packing, throw your list in your suitcase. It will help in not forgetting anything on the way home.

Computers are great for keeping your master list(s) handy and updated.

Keep one for each child. As soon as my children could read, they were given their own packing list and they did their own packing. Sure, it required some help in the beginning, but it makes getting ready for a trip (camping, cruising, etc.) so easy.

Note: Rechargeable batteries last longer in digital cameras than the throwaways.

I agree with this completely! I keep a list on my computer called "Cruise packing list." When I see a great idea, I just add it to the list. When I realize I didn't use an item on a previous cruise, it gets deleted! As I pack, I check things off the list. You'll never forget anything!

I've been on RCCL and CCL before. They send you your docs through the mail and I believe I printed out my luggage tags through the cruise sites. Is this the same for Carnival?

I found the docs on the site, but what about the luggage tags?

Archived