All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

My friend just returned from her cruise and was at HMC. She complained that she got alot of mosquitoe bites while at the bar b Q. Has anyone else had this problem.

Ill just bring along some Off when Im there.

Is the snorkeling any better on the excursion? Do they actually take you to a reef? Anyone know?

Is it hard to find shade other than with that clamshell? I need shade.

Thanks..

I cant wait to go there.. I hear nothing but raves.

There was 6 of us, and the only one that said they were bitten by a mosquito was my DS16.

What is in the "water park area" and is there a cost to that?

The water park was suppose to have many floating/attached animals(20 I believe) and such to climb on. When we were there on June 1st, 2009 they only had 8 things floating in the water. 3 of them were water tramps, and one of the tramps was broken. There was a water slide that went directly into the water, but it was private for people who rented the grand cabana. Not sure if the grand cabana is not rented can anyone use that slide. The grand cabana was in use on are visit. There are 2 small small slides on the beach that do not go into the water. The aqua park has no charge, but I was disappointed by its up keep.

Link from Carnival:http://www.carnival.com/cms/Static_Templates/halfMoonCay/html/index.aspx

Once the page opens click interactive map. This is an interactive map of HMC. Click the aqua park icon and it gives a brief description. Suppose to be 21 water floating animals(NOT). Says lots of things that was not present on my visit on June 1, 2009.

Edited by Slimpickins

Let me explain it to you slowly... CARNIVAL SAID TO DO THIS not me.. It was not a question of affordability.. ;)

The other two guests brought their own drinks.. All they did was sit at a table..

Tell me something.. if you rent a beach house Can you not invite others for a drink? You paid the rental, you paid for the drinks, the drinks are yours to do what you want with if you so chose..

It's not like they slept over

Its not like they 'took' anything away

I went to the excusion desk with 'money' in hand to pay.. THEY Told me no

Get a grip:rolleyes:

Hi Toni...you are right; they said that at the excursion desk (just get it for four)(we actually only had two, told them 4 because we knew some friends would stop by)...anyway; I think they only charge over 4 to try to have a little control...by no means is this stealing...lol ...geesh, I stopped by a few cabanas...lol...eek yours in fact...maybe I should've paid! Ok..sry..didn't mean to be mean...By the way...Lisa....I think you miss HMC!!!!:)

Hi Toni...you are right; they said that at the excursion desk (just get it for four)(we actually only had two, told them 4 because we knew some friends would stop by)...anyway; I think they only charge over 4 to try to have a little control...by no means is this stealing...lol ...geesh, I stopped by a few cabanas...lol...eek yours in fact...maybe I should've paid! Ok..sry..didn't mean to be mean...By the way...Lisa....I think you miss HMC!!!!:)

LOL I agree! You guys should have just stole ours, i mean joined ours! lol

Lisa does miss HMC.. can you blame her!! omg. I could use a little cabanaya!

We were told that there are actually 45 people who live on this island. We met a few of the workers who live there and they told us a lot about the island and what they do there! It was very interesting and really nice people!

We were told that there are actually 45 people who live on this island. We met a few of the workers who live there and they told us a lot about the island and what they do there! It was very interesting and really nice people!

I smell an opportunity! Retirement condos?

I wish they offered HMC instead of Nassau on some of the 7-day Eastern Caribbean itineraries. I'd love to do HMC/St. Thomas/St. Maarten.

Oh that would be a great itinerary. Only better thing would be Grand Turk too. Princess has an itinerary that does St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Grand Turk, and Princess Cays. I really wanted to do that one, but just couldn't justify the price difference between that and similar one on Carnival.

Lisa does miss HMC.. can you blame her!! omg. I could use a little cabanaya!

Yes Ellen I really loved the island and our cabana. I'm looking forward to going back next year. I think Trock and I will be having withdrawl for quite awhile.:(

Yes, it would be nice if more ships called ther, but I pose this question to John on his blog. he said the reason more Carnival ships don't go there is they want one ship at a time in port and two ships would be too many (5000+ would be crowded!). They have to share the island with HAL, who is the one who has first dibs to use it.

Carnival should consider buying a island and using it for their use....I am sure the Bahamas have plenty of small islands that can be purchased....

There was actually a warning in the Capers about the skeeters. They directed people who were concerned to buy Off from the front desk. It was $10 a can. If you're concerned, bring your own.[/QUOTE]

But, would that NOT be stealing?????? I mean like, killing skeeters with your SMUGGLED bug killer, and not leaving them alive to pester other passengers so THEY would have to pay $ 10.00 a can??????

Will this lying, stealing, and smuggling never end????? First it was smuggled fishing poles, then crock pots, blenders, liter liquor bottle, mini liquor, Rum Runners, beer, toilet paper, sharing..errr stealing coke cards.. and NOW.. the very thought of smuggling bug zappers.... The next thing you know someone will accuse some one of smuggling...of all things.... sun screen & sun glasses on board.. just to deprive Carnival of their just revenue ~~!!~~200.gif

As soon as Carnival bans bug spray as they have with alcohol (whether to protect their revenue stream or for any other reason), then it will be wrong to bring your own. Until then, I don't think anybody is suggesting a problem...

I wish they offered HMC instead of Nassau on some of the 7-day Eastern Caribbean itineraries. I'd love to do HMC/St. Thomas/St. Maarten.

The Glory has a similar one...HMC, St.Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk...May 9th next year...love it

hello all, does anyone know if the clamshells go really fast? i want to purchase one during my trip but my boyfriend wants to do 1 or 2 excurtions, nothing major just the jet ski one and maybe parasailing but both together would take about 2 to 2.5 hr tops. i on the other hand may just be doing the jet ski excurtionn and make it a lazy beach day. is it possible to go on the excurtions and then come back and purchase a clamshell or shud i just purchase it and then do the adventures?

thankssss!

My son and I will be doing the horseback riding excursion on HMC in two weeks. (I can't believe it's almost here!!) My parents won't be going on the excursion, but would like to watch. For those of you that have been there, it is possible to walk from the beach chair area to where we will be riding in the water? Also, for those who have done this excursion, who should I tip? Suggestions on how much? Thank you!