All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

The Cabana is just a little open air platform with a small roof--and an a/c unit built into the back wall--basically a three sided box. No privacy at all.

I say go with the Clamshell, as it gives you shade, room for two loungers (which are free), and space on top of it to dry off your snorkel gear, towel, etc. We used it as our 'base camp', and could always see it when we were in the water. And since we were in the water most of the time...Don't forget to prop open the back of the Clamshell about 12" to allow the breeze to flow through...

Plus, the Clamshell is $14 versus...a whole lot of $$$ which could be spent on other things!

Plus, the Clamshell is $14 versus...a whole lot of $$$ which could be spent on other things!

Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, however, the cabana is the best investment we have ever made on any of our cruises. If you haven't tried it, don't bash it.

What is the advantage of the cabana? Our clamshell was right next to one, and I would like to learn what I missed--thank you!

You should have taken a tour, comfortable chaise lounges, a stocked refrigerator and snacks. Shade if you want to pull further back and air conditioning. Table and chairs to eat your lunch.

On your next visit, ask someone if you can check it out.

You should have taken a tour, comfortable chaise lounges, a stocked refrigerator and snacks. Shade if you want to pull further back and air conditioning. Table and chairs to eat your lunch.

Plus: included float mats, snorkel gear, preferred tender tickets, fresh water shower, and best of all for us when we were there the feeling of privacy.

Plus: included float mats, snorkel gear, preferred tender tickets, fresh water shower, and best of all for us when we were there the feeling of privacy.

Thanks Bruce, how could I have forgotten those important amenities.

Do they parasailing? Do they have 2 people parasailing and how much? Would it be better to it at HMC or the Bahamas? Thanks.

I checked the Holland America Line website, and parasailing is $69. It says that Wind conditions dictate whether guests parasail in pairs or as singles.

I checked the Holland America Line website, and parasailing is $69. It says that Wind conditions dictate whether guests parasail in pairs or as singles.

So if a boyfriend and girlfriend want to parasail together they might not be able to?? I'm so use to the western carribean I hope I like the eastern as much.

Ok, Ive looked a few pages back, and didnt see this, so I have a couple of ?'s

Is it ok to take your own floatie mats? Like the ones from the dollar store you blow up yourself and can lay around in the water on?

AND, can you walk around yourself with out paying for the guided tour as long as you stay on the beaten path?

This stop is the reason the Whale Tail Club booked our particular sailing. I cant wait!!! Esp with the cold weather I think EVERYONE has been having,its nice to imagine being there.;)

You can explore the Island on your own. There are maps posted on the island. We did this on our trip this year. I recommend insect repellant as I was the snack for many mosquitos.

Didn't see anyone with floats other than the ones you could rent, but that doesn't mean you can't bring yours;) just that I didn't see any. We brought our own masks and snorkels, but not much to see.

Is it ok to take your own floatie mats? Like the ones from the dollar store you blow up yourself and can lay around in the water on?

Sure

AND, can you walk around yourself with out paying for the guided tour as long as you stay on the beaten path?

Absolutely!

You'll have a great time! It's 42 degrees in Ft Lauderdale today. I can only hope it'll warm up before my cruise on 2/6!

Thanks Ya'll. FL I hope you enjoy yourself! Come ON JULY!!!! lol. Its 20 here in West Tn,and the high yesterday didnt get over 10,{I dont think,lol}. So Id be loving some 40's bout Now!

Top~ thanks for the bug spray tip. We're planning a camping trip in April {more than that,if our kids like it,we know we do} anyway, Im going to get some of that SUnblock with repelant. I asked that, b/c I will be very "excursion poor". I do think my roomie and I will get a clam shell. So they run out of those?

Don't even need the clamshell. Lots of shade along the trees. You can move the chairs into the shade if there are none left when you arrive. If you get to the island early enough, you might even get one of the hammocks in the shade. Of course, we've only been there in Nov. I'm sure it will be much warmer in July. :eek: Enjoy,

Don't even need the clamshell. Lots of shade along the trees. You can move the chairs into the shade if there are none left when you arrive. If you get to the island early enough, you might even get one of the hammocks in the shade. Of course, we've only been there in Nov. I'm sure it will be much warmer in July. :eek: Enjoy,

Ahhh A Hammock on Some Beach Somewhere. I had to do this prodject for my Phych 2 class a few years ago.We had to make a poster of our life, childhood,adulthood,and what we want in the future. I just so happend to have put an empty hammock picture on that board,lol. So i guess I AM do what I want to,and life is good. .....{totally off subject,but relevant,IMO just the same.:)}

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone...

My group will be in Half Moon Cay in September of this year and I have spent most of my day reading the various threads regarding the island. You all have provided some much needed info for me. There will be a couple of us who can't handle the heat as well as others ...especially when humidity is involved... so have any of you been there in late September? Is it excruciatingly hot?

The pics have been awesome and it makes me even more anxious to be there. I hope we are fortunate enough to get a cabana... I think that would just make the day so much more enjoyable for all of us. If any of you have any advice on how to better my luck at getting one without being a platinum cruiser, I'd really appreciate it!

I'd love to see more pics if any of you have any to post or links to online photo albums. Thanks!!!

Why again would you want a cabana? When we go Mexico we sit by the water. Is the weather any different? It was hot in Cozumel but I didn't want to go inside- I liked the beach so would I like a cabana? Just wondering if there is a big difference in weather that would make me want to sit inside?

Why again would you want a cabana? When we go Mexico we sit by the water. Is the weather any different? It was hot in Cozumel but I didn't want to go inside- I liked the beach so would I like a cabana? Just wondering if there is a big difference in weather that would make me want to sit inside?

Why do you keep bashing the cabanas? If you haven't tried one, you're not in a position to trash the idea of a cabana.

It is obvious to me that you do NOT want a cabana. :rolleyes:

Now give it a rest.