All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

We will be visiting Half Moon Cay in August. We are going to book a cabana and looking at number 8 the pink one. I see from the pictures it's pretty close to the restrooms. How far is it rom the Bar B Que area and bar? There will be 4 of us, 2 adults and 2 older teens.. Any suggestions on a better location? Dont want to be right in the heart of all the people..

You all sound mobile enough to make the five minute walk to the Food Pavilion. You would be well served with the Pink cabana.

Our personal favorite is Orange (#4). As I have said many times, any cabana is better than no cabana at all.

Does anyone know if the slide has been replaced at the Private Oasis there?

The last report I heard was that the slide was replaced, but the stairs to/from the water were dammaged and were missing!

Hopefullly they will be replace soon, or perhaps are already.

Edited by K&RCurt

The last report I heard was that the slide was replaced, but the stairs to/from the water were dammaged and were missing!

Hopefullly they will be replace soon, or perhaps are already.

ok thank you.

• 1 month later...

Do you have any pics you could post of cabana #4? Can you hear the music? Was it really crowded there. You seem to know alot about the cabanas- so if that is the one you choose I'm thinking it must be a good one. (close to everything)

Do you have any pics you could post of cabana #4? Can you hear the music? Was it really crowded there. You seem to know alot about the cabanas- so if that is the one you choose I'm thinking it must be a good one. (close to everything)

I don't have any pics of the orange cabana. The cabanas are all the same, so it would be just like the other pics you've seen, except it is orange.

It has just become a personal favorite, centrally located, not crowded, hammock nearby. Walk over the stairway, and wind your way through the paths and you will be at the food pavilion.

One persons personal favorite may be different than others. Other people may enjoy the privacy of #15. Any cabana is better than no cabana at all. :D:D

Edited by Typhoon1

I skipped a couple of pages so sorry if this has been asked:o

We want to rent a cabana for sure.

We know it will come with snorkel stuff and mats.

What other things do they have, banana boat, paddle boats, etc.

I skipped a couple of pages so sorry if this has been asked:o

We want to rent a cabana for sure.

We know it will come with snorkel stuff and mats.

What other things do they have, banana boat, paddle boats, etc.

Found my answers, thanks anyway.

Does anyone know if the Aqua Trax Watercraft is a one or two person:confused:

Found my answers, thanks anyway.

Does anyone know if the Aqua Trax Watercraft is a one or two person:confused:

I think I found my answer:o

When I did a search I did a search only on this thread instead of on all the threads here for Half Moon Cay. I think I need another cup of coffee:p

Not sure if anyone addressed this yet as I haven't read the whole thread.

The snorkeling is better as you get nearer to the water park area. There are some artificial reef balls that attract some fish. It's not great snorkeling, but if you want a place that is easily accessible it's not horrible. Great for smaller kids as well to get their feet wet with snorkeling. Our crew of 13, 11, and 10 had a blast. This 42 yr old was entertained as well.

Where is the snorkling better? What kind of fish do you see? Are there many?

• 2 weeks later...
We are just back from HMC last week. Only about 2/3 of the Cabanas were rented. Also, For the DSLR person, there were lockers to use on HMC. I didn't use them so I know nothing of the cost. We have now visited four Bahama private islands and this was the best! One more thing, There is plenty of shade near the beach.

Brc,

Do you know about where the lockers were? I know you said you did not use them however has anyone else?

Was it an all day thing? Were they in the cabanas?

Thanks.

Def getting a cabana!! With 3 little ones, this seems like a no brainer for us!

Are the little ones included in the 4 people or do you have to pay for them?

TIA:D

Also can you just get food to the cabana and pay extra but not get the butler service?

Def getting a cabana!! With 3 little ones, this seems like a no brainer for us!

Are the little ones included in the 4 people or do you have to pay for them?

Also can you just get food to the cabana and pay extra but not get the butler service?

The price includes four people. No matter what age.

Food delivered to the cabana would include the butler service at an additional charge.

Carnival offers a snorkeling excursion. Has anyone gone on this?

Board a boat and it takes you out to a snorkeling spot.

All answers appreciated. I love snorkeling but I havent read a post yet for half Moon about a snorkeling excursion. I really do appreciate the feedback from CC members. If you gone out, let me know how it is..Is it worth the $$.

From what I read there is nothing from the beach, but there may be an offshore reef, Im assuming.

ry%3D400

Could you please tell me where this photo was taken. Is it behind the food pavilion? Doesn't seem to be anyone there. I love all the photos you all have taken. It really makes decisions easier and I thank you all for that. Will be there in 3 weeks and I cannot wait :D

ry%3D400

Could you please tell me where this photo was taken. Is it behind the food pavilion? Doesn't seem to be anyone there. I love all the photos you all have taken. It really makes decisions easier and I thank you all for that. Will be there in 3 weeks and I cannot wait :D

Well i'm pretty sure the yellow building is where they sell t-shirts but I don't think it was right by the food pavilion so I'm guessing the tables and chairs might be in front of a bar.

Is everything you purchase at HMC added to your sign and sail or can you pay by cash? I'm having a terrible time figuring out how much cash I will need for HMC, Grand Turk, and Nassau.

No cash, your ships card is used the same way as you would on the ship. Order a drink, or buy something in the souvenir shop, just sign your name. Lunch at the food Pavilion is included.

We will be in HMC in March me, DH, and DS14 any suggestions since water will probably be a little chilly?

You can just kick back in a hammock and watch the water. Although the 14 year old may not be into that sort of thing. If he like photography there are lots of photo ops on the island.

DSCF0229.jpg

Of course, there's always lunch - which is pretty good.