All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

The water will be wet in March 2011.:D

Cute... funny anwer, ha ha.

Just so everyone knows, that was my wonderful DH answering that question.

But, can anyone tell me, if it will be too cold to swim? Will the water be that cold the first week of March?

Edited by Sunshine-lady

Cute... funny anwer, ha ha.

Just so everyone knows, that was my wonderful DH answering that question.

But, can anyone tell me, if it will be too cold to swim? Will the water be that cold the first week of March?

Water temps are difficult to predict. This February was quite chilly, 2009 was a chilly year, the previous year was actually lukewarm.

Air temps can be 70-90 depending on how much sun your getting on any given day.

The simple answer is your guess is as good as any one's. Including your DH. It will be warmer than Kentucky, however.

Edited by Typhoon1

Water temps are difficult to predict. This February was quite chilly, 2009 was a chilly year, the previous year was actually lukewarm.

Air temps can be 70-90 depending on how much sun your getting on any given day.

The simple answer is your guess is as good as any one's. Including your DH. It will be warmer than Kentucky, however.

Thanks for the response. Yes, it definately will be warmer than Kentucky. How did you know we were from Kentucky?

He knew you were from Kentucky because it says so on the header where your on line moniker is, over on the right were your post count and join date are.

We have been to HMC in March or April 3 times. Every time, the water was quite acceptable. I would expect the water to be fine.

Edited by CruiserBruce

He knew you were from Kentucky because it says so on the header where your on line moniker is, over on the right were your post count and join date are.

We have been to HMC in March or April 3 times. Every time, the water was quite acceptable. I would expect the water to be fine.

Thanks for your response, really appreciate it. And, it would help, if I looked at my header:o. I see that now. Thanks.

Thanks for your response, really appreciate it. And, it would help, if I looked at my header:o. I see that now. Thanks.

Go on your cruise. Whatever the weather brings, enjoy the beauty of HMC. If the weather doesn't cooperate, make lemonade out of lemons.

Any idea of how fast some of the excursions on HMC fill up? Torn between booking ahead a month (for July cruise) or trying to book some of them (stingray, horseback) when on ship or on island.

[quote name='sparky-elpaso']You can just kick back in a hammock and watch the water. Although the 14 year old may not be into that sort of thing. If he like photography there are lots of photo ops on the island.

[IMG]http://i317.photobucket.com/albums/mm362/sparky-elpaso/DSCF0229.jpg[/IMG]

Of course, there's always lunch - which is pretty good.[/quote]

Beautiful picture. The water is sooo clear. This will be my DS14's first cruise. He's very daring so I think he will just jump right in the water no matter what them temp is....LOL!! Me too for that fact!!!

Thanks!!

I love HMC! :)

Here's a little video I took when there on Carnival Destiny in Feb of '09...we were in the very last cabana, Violet or #15 (I think!)

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfc78S0VidE[/URL] Edited by alphakitty

[quote name='alphakitty']I love HMC! :)

Here's a little video I took when there on Carnival Destiny in Feb of '09...we were in the very last cabana, Violet or #15 (I think!)
[/QUOTE]

Very nice, Thanks for sharing. You are correct, cabana 15 is violet.

Having been to Castaway Cay twice with Disney Cruise line I am wondering if HMC is similar where Carnival Provides you with a towel and all your food is included? Or it is pay as you go like any other port? TIA:)

[quote name='smyemar']Having been to Castaway Cay twice with Disney Cruise line I am wondering if HMC is similar where Carnival Provides you with a towel and all your food is included? Or it is pay as you go like any other port? TIA:)[/QUOTE]

Everything is included at HMC, just like any other private island.

One difference you may notice from Castaway Cay is that the ship will not be docked. You have to tender ashore.

I've never been to CC, but those two are probably rated the best in the private island assortment. HMC is rated slightly better than CC.

You'll have to give us your opinion.

[quote name='alexney']I have been searching the forums with no luck.
Does anyone have a rental price list to HMC? We are considering renting a clamshell and floats. Bringing our own snorkeling equipment. Thanks![/quote]
I found this thread...a couple of years old:(
[URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=519543&highlight=half+moon+cay+rental+prices"][COLOR=#de203e]Prices for Rentals at HMC and other information[/COLOR][/URL]

My group has decided to rent the Oasis. Yay! Because we are sailing on Carnival, you cannot pre reserve a cabana or the Oasis. One of us will get on the ship early and wait at the excursions desk to reserve.

Ill give you all a trip report when I get back. I cant wait.

[quote name='alexney']I have been searching the forums with no luck.
Does anyone have a rental price list to HMC? We are considering renting a clamshell and floats. Bringing our own snorkeling equipment. Thanks![/quote]

Page 4 of THIS thread, post #79. Clamshells are $15 and floating mats $9.