All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]Does anyone know how deep the water is around the water toys? Life jackets or lifeguards? [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=#800080]A cabana is better than no cabana LOL :D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=#800080][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=#800080]Thanks T[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='tmt218']
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=#800080]A cabana is better than no cabana LOL :D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=#800080][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=#800080]Thanks T[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

My lines must be contagious. Glad you are all getting the message.

I'm a first time cruiser and making my decision today to sail Carnival August 27 with a stop in HMC.

Can you only use the hammocks if you rent the cabana? Is that also true with the outdoor shower? I'm trying to figure out why it's worth it to rent, rather than find a nice place in the sand. Do you get your own private piece of the sand with the cabana rental for a chair on the beach so you don't have to fight for a chair in a good spot? Are the areas around the cabanas very crowded?

I like the idea of renting a cabana with another couple so I'll look for that on the roll call post.
Thanks!

I'm a first time cruiser and making my decision today to sail Carnival August 27 with a stop in HMC.

Can you only use the hammocks if you rent the cabana? Is that also true with the outdoor shower? I'm trying to figure out why it's worth it to rent, rather than find a nice place in the sand. Do you get your own private piece of the sand with the cabana rental for a chair on the beach so you don't have to fight for a chair in a good spot? Are the areas around the cabanas very crowded?

I like the idea of renting a cabana with another couple so I'll look for that on the roll call post.

Thanks!

You can use a hammock if it is unoccupied.....

They are between the cabanas in the trees.

The showers on the deck of the cabanas are for the use of the cabana renters.

There are a couple of public ones on the path to the food pavillion and one by the path to the beach by the kid area.

The areas around cabana 1-5 are usually crowded. (from what I saw the day we went and the pictures I have seen posted in here.)

The higher number cabana you go (further down beach) the fewer people around you. (almost deserted by #15)

The nice things with the cabanas are the two, well padded loungers on the private deck, one with a misting fan, the other with a hose mister next to it.

Also the table in the shade, with snacks and sodas of your choice for four.

Also you get 4 sets of snorkle equipment, floats, towels, etc....

I was skeptical at first, but after the wife and I got one for just the two of us, I felt the $100 per person for us was well worth the cost.

Even better for $50 pp for a group of four.

Bill

I am paranoid. We're going to get to the port a little after 11 am because that's the earliest that the shuttle will take us. I plan to go to the excursion desk as soon as I get there, but I'm certain I won't be anywhere near the front of the line. Will the cabanas all be reserved by then?

I would bet there will be cabanas available. Remember there are 15. You may not get the one you want (if you have a specific desired cabana), but I think you will get one. Just get to the Excursion Desk ASAP.

This assumes two key points- you are on Carnival. If you are HAL, the cabanas can be booked in advance. If you are on HAL, and don't seek one until you are onboard, things may be tough.

Second, you are not talking about the Oasis. As there is only one Oasis, no promises that it will be available.

[quote name='Typhoon1']Nothing is free, you've paid for it with your cruise fare. :D:D[/quote]
Too true! And the list of things that aren't "free" keeps getting longer. I just found out they charge you for popcorn on Carnival ships with the ocean theaters. Dare we start a list of things that aren't free but should be? :D

[quote name='ScoobyGal']Too true! And the list of things that aren't "free" keeps getting longer.[/quote]

Just think about all the "Free" meals you get on a cruise. You've paid for them many times over if you consider the fares, shore excursion and drink prices.

[quote name='Aknot']Do the Cabanas have available power outlets? Are you permitted to move the clamshells?[/QUOTE]

The clam shells are not movable. The air conditioner is plugged into one of the power outlets. There is a second I recall on the deck which has the misting fan plugged into it.

Can anyone tell me when the excursion desk opens? I am on a back to back so I will be on the ship before everyone else boards. I want to be there to get the cabana I have picked out. Does it open as soon as everyone starts to board? Or is it a little later. We will be on the Fascination out of Jacksonville next January. Thanks for any and all help.

Im cruising in a few hours!!

My group is gonna try to get the Oasis. Wish us luck. Worst case, we will get a cabana or 2 or 3. One of us is planning on getting to the dock early so he can board early and be first on the excurison line.

Bon Voyage!

[quote name='Starz723']Im cruising in a few hours!!

My group is gonna try to get the Oasis. Wish us luck. Worst case, we will get a cabana or 2 or 3. One of us is planning on getting to the dock early so he can board early and be first on the excurison line.

Bon Voyage![/QUOTE]

Will Carnival ever wake up? Forcing people to rush to the dock so they can get in line for cabanas.

I don't know why they make them available online just like HAL does.

Curious about bringing an inflatable mat (that I can get at Kmart on clearance for probably about a buck), packing it, inflating it on the beach and then deflating it and pitching it before coming home. There aren't "beach toy patrols" out and about, are there? LOL

[quote name='Starz723']Im cruising in a few hours!!

Bon Voyage![/quote]

[COLOR=Purple][SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia]I am curious as to the outcome of your HMC experience! Did you get the Oasis or another cabana?

I have decided to try for the Oasis, we have a group of 13, surely they won't charge me for the 4 yr old, she is the 13th.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Purple][SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia]Is the staff on the island from the ship? I was wondering if they are locals that work on the island or if the cruise line has the ship staff come out on the island to pamper us all day.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Some of the workers are from the surrounding islands. One of the assigned tenders will depart about the time your ship does, with a number (30 or so?) of employees for a nearby island where the employees move on to their homes.

There is one caretaker who lives on the island. The rest of the staff (and all of the food, and most other supplies)on the island comes from the ship.

[quote name='CruiserBruce']Some of the workers are from the surrounding islands. One of the assigned tenders will depart about the time your ship does, with a number (30 or so?) of employees for a nearby island where the employees move on to their homes.

There is one caretaker who lives on the island. The rest of the staff (and all of the food, and most other supplies)on the island comes from the ship.[/QUOTE]

Wow... I wonder what it takes to apply for that 'one-caretaker' job!!! That is sort of my dream.... my own island with very few, if any other people!!!! lol. This would be a perfect setup. I'd get lots of company when the ships were in port, but otherwise, complete relaxation :cool:

[quote name='E Heffa']What exactly is a clam shell?[/quote]

A clam shell is a partial awning the covers the upper portion of two fully reclining lounge chairs, thus typically protecting your face, and some of your upper body from sun.

A common statement is that they get very warm, and must have the lower connection with the ground propped up to get air movement. Edited by CruiserBruce

[quote name='CruiserBruce']A clam shell is a partial awning the covers the upper portion of two fully reclining lounge chairs, thus typically protecting your face, and some of your upper body from sun.

A common statement is that they get very warm, and must have the lower connection with the ground propped up to get air movement.[/quote]
Thanks!