All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

Is the Butler service for the cabana's worth it?

It was worth it for us - we got the Violet Cabana (the last one...on the quiet end of the beach). Our butler was an awesome young lady from Holland and she hung out on the side of the cabana waiting for us to ask her for something. I have reserved the Violet cabana for our cruise in February 2010 and I'll be adding the butler service again, for sure. :cool:

It's only money...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Absolutely get the Cabana. It is relatively inexpensive and the sun can be brutal. It just makes the day much more enjoyable especially if you have older family members who don't like the heat or young children who do not need to stay in the sun too long.:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

When renting a clam shell, must you do it in advance to be sure to get one? I'm not sure if I want one or not and would like to decide when I'm there but don't want to miss out if you need to reserve in advance.

Will 2 lounge chairs fit underneath the Clam Shell? Do the shells give you a closed in feeling? Anyone with experience?

Thanks-

When renting a clam shell, must you do it in advance to be sure to get one? I'm not sure if I want one or not and would like to decide when I'm there but don't want to miss out if you need to reserve in advance.

Will 2 lounge chairs fit underneath the Clam Shell? Do the shells give you a closed in feeling? Anyone with experience?

Thanks-

It depends on if it's just your ship or if there are two ships scheduled for HMC that day.

If it's just the one ship you might be able to get a clamshell if you get to HMC fairly early. If there are two ships, you have no shot unless you book ahead of time.

The clamshells are designed for two lounge chairs side-by-side. They don't really feel "closed in", but you need to bring something to prop up the back in order to get a breeze, or they get quite stuffy.

We were at HMC in April & loved it -- weather was perfect. We will be there again Christmas week (2 1/2 weeks from now). Anyone have any idea how warm it has been recently and/or have experience with the weather there end of December??

Thanks!

We were at HMC in April & loved it -- weather was perfect. We will be there again Christmas week (2 1/2 weeks from now). Anyone have any idea how warm it has been recently and/or have experience with the weather there end of December??

Thanks!

We were there over Thanksgiving week. The 27th actually.

When we arrived it was rainy, windy and while not cold - really cool. Until you got wet - then it was cold.

We did a deep sea fishing tour (very good I might add) but it was a bit rough. We had the first one of the day (8:30 am) and while we got a bit wet (and cold) it was fun. It did clear up a bit later but still windy and must say Half Moon Cay was not our "cup of tea" Just not enough "stuff" to do there for us.

I think the weather is a toss up in the winter. We have travelled alot in the Bahamas (Exuma, Elethura, Nassau, Grand Bahama and alot to Abaco) and if there is a front (as in cold front) it can be not so good. It is just the fact that it is still far enough north that a front can reach it and cause cooler/stormier conditions. Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

hello,happy holidays,

we are looking for rental and excursion price list to HMC? Thinking of doing a snorkeling excursion.....is there one better than the other?? any pic's of the island ....is the cabanna worth it..

thanks

hello,happy holidays,

we are looking for rental and excursion price list to HMC? Thinking of doing a snorkeling excursion.....is there one better than the other?? any pic's of the island ....is the cabanna worth it..

thanks

Which cruise line?

hello,happy holidays,

thanks

Cabana is by all means the best investment you can make when visiting HMC.

Some others here, will call it a waste of money, you're on vacation, you only live once. Live life to the fullest and make the best of your vacation.

Also; does anyone have a link to a map with cabana numbers and location? Thanks!:D

here ----> http://farm1.static.flickr.com/108/296583013_6fa96f5e51_o.jpg

Not a map, but this photo montage should help.

And yes, IMO a cabana is definitely worth the $, especially if there are TWO ship there the day you visit HMC.

Do the tenders run all day or just morning and evening?
Yes.

Can u rent "stuff" on shore if it is waitlisted as a excursion?
By "stuff" do you mean big things like a cabana, or small things like snorkel gear, float mats, etc.?

I have only been to western carribbean (Cozumel- Cancun- Progresso). How does this compare? I'm use to cheap food- parasailing- cheap massages etc. Is there any shopping? How far are the bathrooms and food courts from everything. Do they have parasailing? 2 people parasailing? Any info would be great! What is there to do at HMC?