All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

SO let me get this straight. I can rent a clamshell for $15. Since it only holds 2 I would need 2 because there are 3 of us. What if we wanted to walk around for a while. Would they be there or should we just stay there until we wanted to walk around. Where and when Can I purchase them?

• 2 weeks later...

Can you use your soda card on the private island? DH drinks alot of soda and no water. If you rent the cabana and only have 2 people do you get the same amount of soda and water as if you had the 4 they have charged you for?

Can you use your soda card on the private island? DH drinks alot of soda and no water. If you rent the cabana and only have 2 people do you get the same amount of soda and water as if you had the 4 they have charged you for?

You can use your soda card...

You pay $215 or $225 for the cabana.. that is for 4 people including drinks and snacks for 4

You will get enough for 4

:)

SO let me get this straight. I can rent a clamshell for $15. Since it only holds 2 I would need 2 because there are 3 of us. What if we wanted to walk around for a while. Would they be there or should we just stay there until we wanted to walk around. Where and when Can I purchase them?

Yes only 2 adults can "fit"

If you are with Carnival, you have to wait and rent them at the yellow and blue house when you get there. We left our stuff in it and just came and went as we pleased. People were also respectful of the "general population" chairs, just leave your towel there and it will be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
Trock -- My nephew is 10 -- I heard that the camp carnival crew comes and goes on a treasure hunt is this true. Mary

Hi Mary,

Sorry I really dont know.. You should check on the family travel thread.. Someone there will definitely know!:)

• 3 weeks later...
Quick question.

Do you only get free food if you rent a cabana or is free food for everyone from the ship??

The buffet is available to every one on the island. If you want upgraded food delivered to your cabana, the butler package is available for an additional charge. This also include free alcohol.

Let me explain it to you slowly... CARNIVAL SAID TO DO THIS not me.. It was not a question of affordability.. ;)

The other two guests brought their own drinks.. All they did was sit at a table..

Tell me something.. if you rent a beach house Can you not invite others for a drink? You paid the rental, you paid for the drinks, the drinks are yours to do what you want with if you so chose..

It's not like they slept over

Its not like they 'took' anything away

I went to the excusion desk with 'money' in hand to pay.. THEY Told me no

Get a grip:rolleyes:

Some People only read what they want. LMAO. Way to go Toni

There seems to be so many questions and suggestions regarding HMC.. I figure we can centralize it like the All Things Miracle.. etc. .et al

My suggestion is RENT the CABANNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

6 through 12 are on the quieter end of the beach and centrally located to restrooms and the luncheon area.

Currently the cost is $215 for 4 people.. If you want more than 4 people do not tell the excusion desk.. No you are not stealing anything.. there were be a certain amount of drinks water and chips.. more than enough for 5 or 6.. or 7

We were having 6 at our Cabanna.. the additional cost is $45-50 pp.. The Shore Excursion person TOLD US not to add the additional people.. as it was not worth the $45-50 pp for a couple drinks and chips..

Enjoy!!

Toni, this is great info to know. I have at least 12 persons in my group wanting to rent and this seems like the way to go and we'll be sharing 2 cabanas.

this picture pretty much illustrates 2 of my questions about hmc...

ry%3D480

first - i see the little buoy / rope 'barrier' thingy in the water... are you not allowed to swim out past that? it really doesn't look to be terribly far out, and i assume the water's pretty shallow, even at the buoy line...

what if i wanted to out further, or swim in a non-buoyed area? is that allowed - and thereby that little line just kinda a guideline - maybe for kids? :confused:

next - i like to walk on the beach... long walks on the beach... is there a similar 'barrier' on the beach, restricting access at a certain point? or if, for instance, i wanted to walk all the way down the 'crescent' - say, to the far left / top part of this picture, is that allowed? :)

lastly... i haven't seen a single sand castle in any of the pics of HMC i've ever seen... is that because the sand's too fine to work for this... or just because there are no sand castle type equipment (buckets, shovels) on the island? i'm all grown up, but i still love making a mean sand castle every now and then :D

Has anyone done the snorkel excursion??

I know from reading the posts that there is nothing to see from the shore. Im wondering if there is an off shore reef that they take you to?

Snorkeling is one of my favorite things to do and Ive been to some pretty spectacular reefs. Id really like to hear from others if its worth my time and $$ to take it.

Thank you.

Has anyone done the snorkel excursion??

I Snorkeling is one of my favorite things to do and Ive been to some pretty spectacular reefs. Id really like to hear from others if its worth my time and $$ to take it.

I wouldn't call the reef spectacular, but we did see lots of fish and some in the group saw a sea turtle.

Hey guys!

How about the Stingrays? Anyone here try that in HMC?

We're looking forward to going back.... 35 more days!!!

Last time we did the jet ski's... we're thinking about doing them again but also the stingrays!

Any info would be great!

TIA!

What time does the excursion desk on the Fascination open? I want to be the 1st in line so I can rent a cabana. My 93 yr old grandmother is going with us and I can't see us even going on shore if we don't have a cabana for her to stay in during the day. Any suggestions on which cabana to rent? She has to use the "little old lady's" room quite often and she can't walk far.

I keep hearing that the cabanas rent out fast. How fast? Are they really that popular? If so, why are there only 15 of them? We only live 2 hrs from Jax port, so I can be there any time. Thanks in advance for your knowledge!:D

I THINK the excursion desk opens around 12 or 12:30 from what I remember in November of last year.... they could tell you which one is close to the restrooms. I think they had it listed in the capers of what time they opened... but you can't get to your stateroom until about 1:30pm. I'm sure if you ask they can tell you.

Someone said before that they only sell them out in order... like the first person in line get's number 1, the second get's number 2 and so on. I don't know if this is true or not. But maybe you could explain that and they would let you choose the one you want close to the restroom.

I'm sure someone else will have more up to date info!

Hi Lemurcat,

Can you give more detail about the stingray swim? Is the water murky? I read somewhere that it was not a good excursion, but I want to get more than one opinion. We swam with the stingrays in Grand Cayman and that was incredible!

...we are only batting two for four when it comes to Half Moon Cay. It is fabulous and is indeed paradise, but...

...you have to tender in to the pier. If seas are too rough, the captain makes the decision to cancel. Although we understood that it was a safety reason, it was sad to just watch as we sailed away from the island not once, but twice due to rough seas!

...we are only batting two for four when it comes to Half Moon Cay. It is fabulous and is indeed paradise, but...

...you have to tender in to the pier. If seas are too rough, the captain makes the decision to cancel. Although we understood that it was a safety reason, it was sad to just watch as we sailed away from the island not once, but twice due to rough seas!

That is 50%. The cruise lines maintain 80% of cruises make the scheduled stop. Two years ago, we left Cozumel the day before with very rough seas. By the time we arrived at HMC all was calm and the stop was as scheduled.

From photos people have posted, there appears to be some good shade with the palm trees on the beach. Just wondering if you can really get shade without renting a clamshell?

Also, it appears you can walk on the beach for a long ways. Anyone who has been there have an idea of how far you can walk?

Thanks!