All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

Hi everyone,

I will be on the Miracle July 19th...We will be going to Half Moon Cay. I heard alot of great things so far about this island! Does anyone know if they offer Hairbraiding? and if so about how much do they charge? Thanks in advance for any answers!!!

CruzingTeenQueen19

Hi everyone,

I will be on the Miracle July 19th...We will be going to Half Moon Cay. I heard alot of great things so far about this island! Does anyone know if they offer Hairbraiding? and if so about how much do they charge? Thanks in advance for any answers!!!

CruzingTeenQueen19

I didn't see hair braiding, but I also wasn't looking. If they had it, I'm sure I could not have missed them saying " braid the pretty ladies hair?". Not my hair, but my 3DD.

My son and I will be doing the horseback riding excursion on HMC in two weeks. (I can't believe it's almost here!!) My parents won't be going on the excursion, but would like to watch. For those of you that have been there, it is possible to walk from the beach chair area to where we will be riding in the water? Also, for those who have done this excursion, who should I tip? Suggestions on how much? Thank you!

They COULD walk, but I wouldn't recommend it. The horse riding excursion is way down the island far away from the main area. I messed up the times, and caused my DD19 and DD10 to miss it. They were very disappointed, but no where as much as I was for them. I felt bad the rest of the cruise:(.

They do have a person from the ship taking pictures of the ppl doing the excursion you can buy on the ship.

They COULD walk, but I wouldn't recommend it. The horse riding excursion is way down the island far away from the main area. I messed up the times, and caused my DD19 and DD10 to miss it. They were very disappointed, but no where as much as I was for them. I felt bad the rest of the cruise:(.

They do have a person from the ship taking pictures of the ppl doing the excursion you can buy on the ship.

I forgot to say, your parents might be able to ride up to there area with you. I'm pretty sure they could fit on the shuttle up there with you. Sorry to quote myself:). But I could not edit the previous post.

Edited by Slimpickins

We were just at Half Moon Cay last week while on the Liberty.My DD and I did the horseback riding.It was great but the part in the water was hard for me. I've ridden a lot on land but the water saddle has no stirrups and it was hard to hold on,a bit scary for me but DD 17 loved it.

It was cloudy and sprinkly in the morning but we still had a hard time finding six chairs together for our group.

We've been to Castaway Cay on DCL and Cocoa Cay on RCCL and thought the food was much better on those islands.Cocoa Cay has many more chairs in the shade and more hammocks.

We also did the horseback ride at HMC. Loved it! I will agree - it is sometimes hard to hold on with the pressure of the water against your legs - but it was soooo much fun! I was the lead horse (behind the guide) and luckily didn't get the "backwash" of poop in the water. I almost fell off my horse laughing as the others (there were about 8 horses in line) tried to "dodge" the clumps as they floated back - LOL! It was a very exhilirating excursion. It is a long way down the beach - we did see people walking there, but I would leave at least 15 minutes to do so. (it is a 5 minute shuttle ride) Purchased some great pictures the Carnival photographer took of us walking the horses on the beach and galloping in the water.

We also did the horseback ride at HMC. Loved it! I will agree - it is sometimes hard to hold on with the pressure of the water against your legs - but it was soooo much fun! I was the lead horse (behind the guide) and luckily didn't get the "backwash" of poop in the water. I almost fell off my horse laughing as the others (there were about 8 horses in line) tried to "dodge" the clumps as they floated back - LOL! It was a very exhilirating excursion. It is a long way down the beach - we did see people walking there, but I would leave at least 15 minutes to do so. (it is a 5 minute shuttle ride) Purchased some great pictures the Carnival photographer took of us walking the horses on the beach and galloping in the water.

eeewwwww!!!! I certainly hope the horseback excursion stays away from the main part of the beach by the chairs!

Do you know if there is a weight limit for this horseback riding excursion?

Thanks!

What is the Oasis? Sounds like our kind of place, fun!

Yes, it is pricey - $1395, but if you have a large group it's not that bad. We had a blast in the Oasis! It was well worth the money to us! I posted some pictures on the Private Island section of the boards if you'd like to take a look!

Do you know if there is a weight limit for this horseback riding excursion?

Thanks!

They post a limit of 250 lbs - but BIL must have weighed about 270 (he probably put on 15 lbs from the food by the time we got to HMC- LOL) and they didn't find it a problem - gave him a "sturdier" horse! And in reference to the horse c--p floating - the current was running away from the main beach at that time, so no problems THAT day!

Too funny. We might do this too.

Monday, Aug 24 Miami, FL 4:00pm View Shore Excursions

Tuesday, Aug 25 Fun Day At Sea

Wednesday, Aug 26 Grand Turk 7:00am 2:30pm View Shore Excursions

Thursday, Aug 27 Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 9:30am 6:00pm View Shore Excursions

Friday, Aug 28 Nassau, Bahamas 7:00am 5:00pm View Shore Excursions

Saturday, Aug 29 Miami, FL

What time would we have to be on the ship for Nassau departure?

I read what someone else had stated, and got worried we might not have enough time at

at Altanis.

Friday, Aug 28 Nassau, Bahamas 7:00am 5:00pm View Shore Excursions

What time would we have to be on the ship for Nassau departure?

I read what someone else had stated, and got worried we might not have enough time at at Altanis.

30 mins before the ship leaves.

I was in Nassau last month.

I heard a couple of names being called over the PA at departure time, so I thought I'd go out on the balcony and see if I could see anybody running for the ship. Sure enough.....a man and a woman.

The ship was moving away from the pier, but they did go back for the couple.

I've brought inexpensive inflatables to public beaches on cruises before, but I've never been to a "private" island, so didn't know if I could. If no one knows for sure, I'll try it and see what happens!:p

Never been to HMC before, but it looks like you are trasported to shore by a ferry boat? Is it correct? If so, is it possible to get on and off the cruise ship as you like or is there just one trip to shore and one back to the ship? Thanks

Yes its a ferry and it runs back and forthe... You can go back and forthe as many times as you want

I've brought inexpensive inflatables to public beaches on cruises before, but I've never been to a "private" island, so didn't know if I could. If no one knows for sure, I'll try it and see what happens!:p

You can bring them!