Miracle review

Just got home from the Miracle cruise and thought this to be our best Carnival cruise of the 3 we have gone on.

Embarkation was a breeze this year and so organized. never remember getting onto a ship so fast after being dropped off. We were on in less than 1/2 hour , put our stuff in the room and headed to Lido for lunch. Was even easier to find a table than in the past.

The drill was also better. They had us carry our life preservers on to the deck, put them on and a short while later let us take them off. Went by very quickly.

We chose anytime dining and loved it, we were 5 people and always were seated in 20 minutes or less. They give you a beeper so you can go to the lounge and wait.

The carnival productions were great and the scenery and costume changes where awesome. We loved the Juggler act and the tribute to Sinatra and Sammy Davis,didnt care for the comedian that much.

What surprised me was that after the 1st nights show the other shows were pretty empty.

The food was better than good in the dining room, Every dish we had was fantastic. The portions were very big and I never even ordered seconds as there was plenty of food.

Everyone should experience Nick & Noras one night as it is a special dining experience, go hungry as it is hard to finish the dinner.

We did encounter the usual chair hogs but we always stayed at the aft adult pool and always were able to get chairs.

Having the yogurt and ice cream machines available 24 hrs along with the 24 hr pizza was great , so if you were out and came back hungry there was always something to eat before the next meal.

We were in a extended balcony cabin on deck 8 which we had last year and loved being 1 floor below Lido and access to the pools,buffet and gym.

Everyone appeared to be in a good mood and were courteous on the lines and around the ship. There was a tremendous amount of wheelchairs on board and it was good that the ship can accommodate so many with handicaps.

We have now been on the Miracle for 2 different itineraries and it is now one of our favorite ships.

Leaving the ship was effortless and the best we ever had.

I guess you can tell by now what a great time we had.

Thanks for the review, your writing sounds like you are a very happy cruiser. You say embarkment was great! are you VIP? or just normal folk like me traveling, What time did you get to the peir? and is it still set up the same way with early ariver's head to the blue chairs and wait? while the next ones line up on both sides and wait? OH also when getting off the ship, do you come out on the bottom floor and have to take the elavator up to where you were dropped off? I was on NCL out of NY the feb before last, one pier up from Carnival and that is how it was there.

Can't wait another 41 days,, but than I can because the trip will be over, this will be our second time on the Miracle.

we sailed on the ship a few years ago and while we had a great time, I have to say the decor is over the top! The dinning room purple grape lights is too much.. and the rest of the ship isn't much better. That said- we enjoyed the cruise and laughed at the things we saw - and maybe had more fun becuase of it. To this day, its one of the only ships we have sailed on (19 and counting) that we remember the decor in fine detail!

Enjoy your cruises....

Thanks for the review, your writing sounds like you are a very happy cruiser. You say embarkment was great! are you VIP? or just normal folk like me traveling, What time did you get to the peir? and is it still set up the same way with early ariver's head to the blue chairs and wait? while the next ones line up on both sides and wait? OH also when getting off the ship, do you come out on the bottom floor and have to take the elavator up to where you were dropped off? I was on NCL out of NY the feb before last, one pier up from Carnival and that is how it was there.

Can't wait another 41 days,, but than I can because the trip will be over, this will be our second time on the Miracle.

We concur with the OPS embarkment.. and neither of us are VIP!

we sailed on the ship a few years ago and while we had a great time, I have to say the decor is over the top! The dinning room purple grape lights is too much.. and the rest of the ship isn't much better. That said- we enjoyed the cruise and laughed at the things we saw - and maybe had more fun becuase of it. To this day, its one of the only ships we have sailed on (19 and counting) that we remember the decor in fine detail!

Enjoy your cruises....

Yes it is a bit much, but they toned down (or darkened) the color of the grapes.. This ship is much nicer than the Victory which was way over the top..

No VIP- we couldnt believe it. last year we had all the lines and chairs in the middle. This time there wasnt any of this. Also when we got our luggage the porter asked what type of transportation we had- we told him limo and he took us to the upper level to wait which is right there so we didnt even have to take elevator down. All in all everything this year seemed to run much smoother and efficiently.

Thanks for your review. As you can see Ill be sailing the Miracle next year.

Funny, how people's opinions are so varied. I have a friend who just got off the ship today, same as you, she said she had fun, BUT, she compared her cruise to the Carribean Princess cruise she took last year with me. I tried to tell her every ship and every line is different and you will find things you like and things you dislike. I told her to stop comparing and keep cruising and find what you like the most then go back. Simple as that. Last year was her first cruise, so its like the first time you fall in love, LOL.

Then, I had friends who cruised for the first time on the sailing prior to this one on the Miracle and they had nothing but raves.

I, on the other hand, have cruised not alot, only about 6 times, several on Carnival, 1 on Princess, 1 on RCA.. I loved them all. Hey, put me in a broom closet on a ship and Ill have fun.

We had also sailed on the Crown princess out of Brooklyn 2 years ago and had a wonderful experience. We had anytime dining on that ship also and thats when we found we wanted that option whenever we sailed.

We have never had a bad cruise and enjoy both lines. The thing that tipped it over the line this time for us on carnival Miracle was the price. For what they give you ,no other line could come close. Royal carribean was way more than Princess and carnival.

Yes it is a bit much, but they toned down (or darkened) the color of the grapes.. This ship is much nicer than the Victory which was way over the top..

I was on her when they were pink.... :rolleyes:

Man I dislike Farcus' style.....

But the Miracle was one of my best cruises, despite the insane decor....which while you're on the ship having fun, mysteriously seems to grow on you.

Hi there and waving to you from White Plains. Glad to have found a local poster who will be able to understand my very delicate question. Hope you can answer it when and if you post a review of your Miracle cruise in 41 days. So you will be going in the middle of the NYC summer on a cruise that leaves from NYC, with your family may I assume? So, that is exactly what we would like to do in 2010 or 11. However, I find the Miracle to be slighly overpriced compared to Florida cruise and even though it is a supply and demand thing, we are not 100% yet for this cruise. The main reason is that it is a NYC summer cruise...convenient yes, but at the same time.......we are a little nervous because of its high price (we are a family of 6) and that fact that it is a carib NYC summer cruise.....oh yes, I said that already.......but of course that is what concerns us a bit. We have done the Canada itin in August...no problem and we had 90 degree weather so if felt like the carib....but those cruisers were not NYC cruisers in the summer going to the carib.....we all just got lucky on that cruise with the weather. Anyway, if by chance you do a review, could you address the issue of NYC cruise and the cruisers going to the CArib in the summer? To be straighforward about it..........how wild did it get? Families? or packs of roaming teens? The service? great as it is known for or lacking because the wait staff and stewards have had it up to their ears? Did you think the great reviews of spring and June Miracle cruises were great because of the time of year and the most likly mellower crowd? Do you think a review of a mid summer Miracle cruise is the same? Or different due to a different clientle?

Personally, I feel we will love the Miracle in July or August, but to spend the money and be dissappointed is what I am concerned about. Because in 2012 we are doing the Med again and I am thinking maybe it would be better to save the money for then.

For those of you that want to say that my family and I should not do the Miracle because of my preconceived notions about a summer carib cruise out of NYC, please save your breath, I am born and bred here and it comes down to not wanting to spend money on a jacked up cruise price and be uncomfortable versus saving the money for a 2 week Med cruise, that all.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

No VIP- we couldnt believe it. last year we had all the lines and chairs in the middle. This time there wasnt any of this. Also when we got our luggage the porter asked what type of transportation we had- we told him limo and he took us to the upper level to wait which is right there so we didnt even have to take elevator down. All in all everything this year seemed to run much smoother and efficiently.

Just wondering if the ship wasn't fully booked? Or maybe they are being extra special considerate to the pax due to economy? Still would like to know how everyone gets treated in mid summer on this cruise.

Just got home from the Miracle cruise and thought this to be our best Carnival cruise of the 3 we have gone on.

Embarkation was a breeze this year and so organized. never remember getting onto a ship so fast after being dropped off. We were on in less than 1/2 hour , put our stuff in the room and headed to Lido for lunch. Was even easier to find a table than in the past.

The drill was also better. They had us carry our life preservers on to the deck, put them on and a short while later let us take them off. Went by very quickly.

We chose anytime dining and loved it, we were 5 people and always were seated in 20 minutes or less. They give you a beeper so you can go to the lounge and wait.

The carnival productions were great and the scenery and costume changes where awesome. We loved the Juggler act and the tribute to Sinatra and Sammy Davis,didnt care for the comedian that much.

What surprised me was that after the 1st nights show the other shows were pretty empty.

The food was better than good in the dining room, Every dish we had was fantastic. The portions were very big and I never even ordered seconds as there was plenty of food.

Everyone should experience Nick & Noras one night as it is a special dining experience, go hungry as it is hard to finish the dinner.

We did encounter the usual chair hogs but we always stayed at the aft adult pool and always were able to get chairs.

Having the yogurt and ice cream machines available 24 hrs along with the 24 hr pizza was great , so if you were out and came back hungry there was always something to eat before the next meal.

We were in a extended balcony cabin on deck 8 which we had last year and loved being 1 floor below Lido and access to the pools,buffet and gym.

Everyone appeared to be in a good mood and were courteous on the lines and around the ship. There was a tremendous amount of wheelchairs on board and it was good that the ship can accommodate so many with handicaps.

We have now been on the Miracle for 2 different itineraries and it is now one of our favorite ships.

Leaving the ship was effortless and the best we ever had.

I guess you can tell by now what a great time we had.

Great review! We were on the sailing before you and I have to agree on every point you made. Embarkation was the EASIEST I have ever experienced. There were seats for everyone, coolers with beverages while we were waiting, and it was super speedy! After we got on the ship, ALL of our luggage was there within an hour or two of stepping onboard. On our previous cruises, we had waited into the evening to recieve our bags. The port of NY really has their stuff together!!! I can't say enough kind words about the porters and port employees!

If you don't mind me asking, what room were you in? We had 8232 and 8234. It was so nice to have everything just right up the stairs, but let me tell you that there were some FUNKY smells in our rooms during the week! It wasn't constant, only a couple of times we noticed it so it wasn't really bothersome.

I'm really glad you guys had a good time on the Miracle. She is definately our favorite ship, even with the "skittles on acid" dining room and all! :D

HI over there in White Plains I am in Tarrytown.... HEHEHE I sailed July of 07 and it was great, perfect weather, the crew was great, friendly and at it's best! yes there was families and Yes there were crazy 20 some old year olds, As well as the crazy older folks LOL... But all in all IT was Great, Going out of NY not only saves you the wear and tear on your nerves, with getting to the airport in time, paying now for your luggage, and worring will it all be there, and You to the port in time, unless you go the day before and there is another expense of a hotel room for 6. So easy drive down get dropped off poof your on vacation! and when the trip is over a pick up and a 40 min drive home if that.

Sure it's warm, but when you go to the carib. in the winter it's just as hot down there than too. the difference with the island heat and our's is the different humidity, and who cares when you have the lovely blue water to jump into, not like taking a swim in one of our lakes or the hudson river.

I will be writing a review when I come back for sure and IF you want U can send me your email address and will be more than happy to chat more about it, But I say go for it,

The only thing on the Miracle and probably all Carnival ships, is the two center pools are for kids and families and the aft is the adult pool, but where does all the action take place, like the hairy chest contest, Fear factor and other adult stunts. At the center family pools. where that should be at the adult area, Some kids just don't need to see grown up's really acting that way, Sure they see it on TV on MTV and all those other crazy shows now, But for some to really see it in person, IT"S like shoot and my parents tell me not to do this or that, and look at them in front of all these people.

BUT as I said OUT of NY is the way to go, I looked into so many other cruises I wanted to go to Beliez and Cozemel by the way of ship... And it was so much easier to just fly straight there and cheaper! This is the NO headache way to go OUT of NY and you and your family will not be disapointed on the Miracle, 7 days a week 24 hours a day their staff is great , and on top of any doing wrong by fellow cruisers

bjinouno at aol if you want to ask more, easier to know there is something waiting.

wow that's great, it sounds like how it was on NCL Feb of 2008, very easy check in and so much more comfortable, I guess they redid both peirs..... So is it the number system, VIP's go first and than they do numbers for past guests and than new people are towards the end on getting on, with very low numbers, thinking wow I have a 3 so I am in the third group, when your really 3rd from last, even with early arrival.

Thanks

Hi there and waving to you from White Plains. Glad to have found a local poster who will be able to understand my very delicate question. Hope you can answer it when and if you post a review of your Miracle cruise in 41 days. So you will be going in the middle of the NYC summer on a cruise that leaves from NYC, with your family may I assume? So, that is exactly what we would like to do in 2010 or 11. However, I find the Miracle to be slighly overpriced compared to Florida cruise and even though it is a supply and demand thing, we are not 100% yet for this cruise. The main reason is that it is a NYC summer cruise...convenient yes, but at the same time.......we are a little nervous because of its high price (we are a family of 6) and that fact that it is a carib NYC summer cruise.....oh yes, I said that already.......but of course that is what concerns us a bit. We have done the Canada itin in August...no problem and we had 90 degree weather so if felt like the carib....but those cruisers were not NYC cruisers in the summer going to the carib.....we all just got lucky on that cruise with the weather. Anyway, if by chance you do a review, could you address the issue of NYC cruise and the cruisers going to the CArib in the summer? To be straighforward about it..........how wild did it get? Families? or packs of roaming teens? The service? great as it is known for or lacking because the wait staff and stewards have had it up to their ears? Did you think the great reviews of spring and June Miracle cruises were great because of the time of year and the most likly mellower crowd? Do you think a review of a mid summer Miracle cruise is the same? Or different due to a different clientle?

Personally, I feel we will love the Miracle in July or August, but to spend the money and be dissappointed is what I am concerned about. Because in 2012 we are doing the Med again and I am thinking maybe it would be better to save the money for then.

For those of you that want to say that my family and I should not do the Miracle because of my preconceived notions about a summer carib cruise out of NYC, please save your breath, I am born and bred here and it comes down to not wanting to spend money on a jacked up cruise price and be uncomfortable versus saving the money for a 2 week Med cruise, that all.

You can lookout for my review. I'm leaving NYC on June 25th returning July 3rd so that would be a summer cruise as kids are out of school. This is Eastern Caribbean too.

You can lookout for my review. I'm leaving NYC on June 25th returning July 3rd so that would be a summer cruise as kids are out of school. This is Eastern Caribbean too.

Thanks, I will be looking out for it!!!!

That would be the week we would consider for 2010 as well, enjoy the cruise!!!

Hi, I am from Brooklyn and I noticed that the cruises from NYC are a little higher than the cruises from Florida, but isn't everything in NYC just a little pricier (sp?). Think about it like this: you don't have to pay airfare and baggage fees for 6, so it is probably cheaper than going down to Florida anyway. Unless you are going to drive down there, but then is the savings from driving worth time and aggravation. I think a summer cruise from NY will be family friendly. I am going mid July this year with my family (my husband and 4 kids ranging in age from 12 to 1). NY is a big family city, so a lot of families will leave from here because people dont want to travel to Florida from NY to cruise unless they are going on a Disney ship for the most part. IMO, the youger party crowd would probably leave from Florida; that way they could experience the beautiful beaches pre and post cruise.

I've been on one other cruise in 2003, on the Glory, out of Port Carnaveral and there was a fair mix. But for the most part a vacation is what you make of it and I won't let anyone ruin it for me. Relax and enjoy yourself.

Great review! We were on the sailing before you and I have to agree on every point you made. Embarkation was the EASIEST I have ever experienced. There were seats for everyone, coolers with beverages while we were waiting, and it was super speedy! After we got on the ship, ALL of our luggage was there within an hour or two of stepping onboard. On our previous cruises, we had waited into the evening to recieve our bags. The port of NY really has their stuff together!!! I can't say enough kind words about the porters and port employees!

If you don't mind me asking, what room were you in? We had 8232 and 8234. It was so nice to have everything just right up the stairs, but let me tell you that there were some FUNKY smells in our rooms during the week! It wasn't constant, only a couple of times we noticed it so it wasn't really bothersome.

I'm really glad you guys had a good time on the Miracle. She is definately our favorite ship, even with the "skittles on acid" dining room and all! :D

We were in cabin 8230 and loved being right near the stairs and able to get to lido so easily. We also like the extended balcony as I use it often. Im glad that you also enjoy this ship.

Oh, we loved the color scheme on Victory. The greens made us feel very calm and like we were under the sea.

Looking forward to the "grapes", if anything for a conversation piece.

Ive done several cruises out of NYC & Brooklyn all in July. They were all fabulous. The people were great and very diverse from many different areas. I honestly cannot remember any out of the normal rowdyness or out of control behaviors. That can happen anytime on any cruise. After 3 cruises in a row out of NYC in the summer I decided to take the Valor out of Miami in July for a Western Carribean Itinerary. I loved the Valor and the cruise but I would never do it again from Miami or Fl. The expense of flying, staying in a hotel the day before, food, the taxi fares, etc was more than what I would have paid out of NYC. The worst debark Ive ever experienced in my cruising life was out of Miami.. It was pure hell. I left a report on cruise critic about it and I wasnt the only one either. Then to top it off, my luggage got destroyed on American Airlines after waiting over 2 hours for it to arrive after I landed.

The prices may be higher out of NYC in July because it is peak cruising time and they sell out. They know that its a no fly vacation for ALOT of people in the tri state area and New England. They drive down from Canada as well. Last year we had alot of ppl from the midwest, PA, MD, CT, RI, MA and south, NC, SC, VA. They drove to the pier rather than fly.

I wouldnt worry about sailing out of NYC in the summer. Ive never had a bad experience. As for what kind of group you get on the ship, its a gamble isnt it, there is really no guarantee. Ive heard some doozy of stories on CC from many ports other than NYC that got alot of out of control ppl. So, its the luck of the draw. Yes, you will get more families, kids and teens when school is out but that would affect every port wouldnt it, not just NYC. My cruise out of Miami was loaded with kids and teens.

Happy Sailing!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the review! I do have a question. We're leaving on the 7.27 Miracle cruise. According to the schedule, we leave at 4pm. If we get to the port at noon, is that too late? Please advise!! :)

Archived