Events in Venice---July

Hi all,

for cruise passengers lucky enough to be in Venice on any of these dates,here are some of the events that are going on;

1st July--Andrea Bocelli live at St Marks Square at 9pm

12th & 23th July--Marco Polo Opera Ballet Show--St Marks Square-9pm

18/19th July Feast of the Redeemer

Traditional festivities where decorated boats gather in the Guidecca Canal & St Marks Basin.A feast of light and singing followed by a massive fireworks display.I think this one goes on all night.

Unfortunately I shall miss the lot of it!!

Andrea Bocelli and the Marco Polo Opera are tickets-but the firework display should be free.

Enjoy.

Taffygirl

Taffygirl, where did you find this information? I'd like to bookmark the site for future reference.

I found it under Andrea Bocelli web site and you can purchase tickets. The cheaper ones are gone. The next price is 161E = $225 approx.

I found it under Andrea Bocelli web site and you can purchase tickets. The cheaper ones are gone. The next price is 161E = $225 approx.

Actually, I was looking for the whole schedule, not just the Bocelli performance. Was hoping Taffygirl had a Venice activity web site she'd found.

There is a great web site I use when travelling called "whats on when" available at whatsonwhen.com you just put in the city and it brings up a list of what's happening in and around your choice. You can even narrow it down to specific dates if you like.

The Boccelli concert in St. Mark's square sounds as if it will be a memorable evening. I wouldn't bother with tickets, just try to get close enough to hear.

Hi all,

for cruise passengers lucky enough to be in Venice on any of these dates,here are some of the events that are going on;

Traditional festivities where decorated boats gather in the Guidecca Canal & St Marks Basin.A feast of light and singing followed by a massive fireworks display.I think this one goes on all night.

Enjoy.

Taffygirl

That Feast of the Redeemer is a real treat for anyone lucky enough to be in Venice. A few years ago we were on a Grand Princess cruise which happened to be docked in Venice on that evening. Our Captain happened to be Italian and a good friend of some local politicians and was able to arrange a special docking location right along the Giudecca Canal about 100 yards from St Marks Square. They than brought aboard a local sympathy orchestra and had a concert at the ships' stern pool overlooking the lagoon. We sat and listened to the music, watched the parade of hundreds of lit boats in the background, and have a front row seat for the amazing fireworks. Having spent hundreds of days on cruise ships, this ranks as one of the best!

Hank

That Feast of the Redeemer is a real treat for anyone lucky enough to be in Venice. A few years ago we were on a Grand Princess cruise which happened to be docked in Venice on that evening. Our Captain happened to be Italian and a good friend of some local politicians and was able to arrange a special docking location right along the Giudecca Canal about 100 yards from St Marks Square. They than brought aboard a local sympathy orchestra and had a concert at the ships' stern pool overlooking the lagoon. We sat and listened to the music, watched the parade of hundreds of lit boats in the background, and have a front row seat for the amazing fireworks. Having spent hundreds of days on cruise ships, this ranks as one of the best!

Hank

Do you think you can see the fireworks from all areas in Venice?

Hi all,

1st July--Andrea Bocelli live at St Marks Square at 9pm

12th & 23th July--Marco Polo Opera Ballet Show--St Marks Square-9pm

Unfortunately I shall miss the lot of it!!

Andrea Bocelli and the Marco Polo Opera are tickets-but the firework display should be free.

Enjoy.

Taffygirl

Taffygirl...THANK YOU for the Bocelli info. I couldn't help myself and bought a ticket. I arrive on June 30th for the Ruby July 3rd sailing. It's my "splerge" during the trip! What a way to start the trip! I absolutely can not wait!!! Thanks again for the heads up!:D:D:D

Do you think you can see the fireworks from all areas in Venice?

Probably not from all areas. There would be some areas where the view would be blocked by buildings. The fireworks are done right on the Giudecca Canal relatively close to St Marks Square. The boat parade is also in this canal so the best viewing places would be anywhere along this canal.

Hank

Hello all,

sorry I hav'nt answered your posts earlier,but I,ve been very busy with work,apologies.

Logged onto my reservation at the Hotel Bologna,Mestre-which is where we will be staying before the cruise-and all the information about the events was on their web page.

Unfortunately we arrive in Mestre on the 3rd of july -and leave Venice on the 11th-so miss all events:(.

Boiledham---you lucky lucky person--how wonderful for you .It will be magical :):).

Glad to have helped.

Taffygirl

I too arrive in Mestre at the Plaza Hotel July 3rd before taking a cruise on the MS ARION on the 5th. Have been trying in vain to book a day trip to the Hill Towns Of Veneto on July 4th at reasonable cost. 467.00 euros for a van is what I have been quoted for 1 or up to 6 people. I am a single traveler. Do You have any interest in this and sharing the cost???????

Edlos

Archived