Mahahual - day at the beach

m00k3y

I've only been to cozumel, and we paid by credit card, so I was wondering do the restaurants and bars take US$, or do we need to exchange it? And if so, where?

We speak very very little spanish, so I want to make sure I know this info in advance.

Thanks for any help!

Also, can you rent lounge chairs from these restaurants/bars, i.e. Pez Quadro or FARO, and if so what is the cost for the day?

thank you banderboo for your opinion, we are tapas bar´s owners our job is to make your visit to mahahual the more pleasent and tasteful that we can.our concern is to give you fresh and safe food.

fabio y carola.:cool:

I have a group on the Jewel on Jan 12th. We are coming to eat and drink! We have 127 in our group, but I am not bringing them all. Maybe 20-25:eek: or so! Put the lobster, beer and beach chairs out for us! Brenda

If you brought your own equipment, yes you caould snorkel there, the water is crystal clear. But I am guessing that you might be better off taking a snorkle trip. There are many offered by locals. Since we were traveling with our 2 year old, we were just looking to spend a nice day at the beach. I am sure if you went to Faro and told Elmer that you wanted to do a snorkle trip, he would know someone local that does that.

If you do, let us know how it went! :D

I was wondering do the restaurants and bars take US$, or do we need to exchange it?

Dollars or Pesos, it makes no difference to them. You will get an exchange rater of $1 to 10 Pesos like noted above is not the best rate. The real rate today is around $1 to 11. If you are going to be spending a lot of money, it might make sense to change some dollars to pesos before you leave on the cruise. Otherwise, dollars are good. Take lots of small bills. I would bet that there is no place in either Costa Maya or Mahahual to exchange moneys. Also should note, since Mahahual doesn't have phone service, no one there will accept credit cards.

Also, can you rent lounge chairs from these restaurants/bars, i.e. Pez Quadro or FARO, and if so what is the cost for the day?
I don't think that you need to rent the chairs if you are a customer. They should be free if you are eating and drinking there.

• 2 weeks later...
thank you banderboo for your opinion, we are tapas bar´s owners our job is to make your visit to mahahual the more pleasent and tasteful that we can.our concern is to give you fresh and safe food.

fabio y carola.:cool:

Hi! Where are you located we will be there January 17th, I believe.

We spent a lovely afternoon at La Mexicana, just across the main road from Tapas and right on the beach. Tapas, by the way, looks quite nice, and if we hadn't been so darn full we would have stopped there, too. The taxi stand for the return trip is just a short walk away. We were very well taken care of, enjoyed many drinks and some great food and considered it a day fully seized.

I noticed that you have been on Rhapsody alot and was wondering if you could give some tips on excursions in Cozumel..we are first timers going on Jan 30th and are leaving a 6 month old behind and want to really enjpy ourselves...looked at the clear kayak tour with snorkeling or snorkeling at Palacar Reef...any tips?

Archived