Netbooks on Princess

KansasScrapper

wow - what a fantastic thread! Thanks to everyone's excellent feedback, I have just ordered an ASUS Eee PC 1005HA-PU1X-BU 10.1-Inch Blue Netbook - 10.5 Hour Battery Life - in blue (I wish White was available - oh well....). I also ordered the Logitch wireless mouse in blue, 2GB memory and a Belkin USB 2.0 4-Port Ultra Mini Hub (I always run out of USB ports). Does anyone have a suggestion for an external CD/DVD Drive?

Well....I have to book a cruise now, don't I? Seeing as how I have all this wonderful communication stuff now......hmmmm....:)

Thanks rjack22. I'd like to get rid of the stickers with buying a skin in my future. Where did you get your skin? I've looked at them but haven't found one for the 1005HA. Glad to know the Goo Gone will work with no negative affects.

Three stickers on the left; two on the right. They can stay there forever. :D I bought my skin at http://www.skoobadesign.com

• 2 weeks later...
Posting from my Asus, this is its 2nd cruise. It is much faster than the internet cafe, and that is even with a low signal.

I had the same experience with my ASUS from our cabin - it was faster than the internet cafe and I only have the 1 G RAM.

Ron

I did have an interesting experience trying to plug my laptop into the mains when I was away from my cabin. Most of the plugs on the ship outside of your cabin will be European style round plugs and I never thought to bring my plug adapter.

Bottom line was that I could hardly use the laptop outside of the cabin.

DON

That is odd, I have never had a problem finding a plug on the Promenade deck, around the Atrium or on the outside upper decks on any of the Grand class or the Island class. What ship(s) did you have the problem on?

Archived