On line CHeck in-

TiogaCruiser

Could someone clarify whether I need to do online check in?

Our TA (new to us) handled the booking, and I am not able to see our booking info or cabin assignment from the website. Last year a different TA booked for us and as soon as she completed the process we did the online check in.

I have heard others write that if the TA books for you, you do not have access to the booking (even read only access).

So- should I be concerned that I cannot do online check in?

Thanks-

Ask your travel agent for your booking number. You can then go online, to the area for booked guests, and see your reservation, book shore excursions, pre-register, and all that stuff. You must have the booking number that Holland America assigned you - which your travel agent has access to - and that should do it.

Online check-in was really nice and made our March 22nd pre-boarding experience fly by...but then we got to wait an extra hour or so with 1500 other people while the crew cleaned the ship due to the Code Red it arrived at port in.

Do we have to wait until we have paid our balance to do online checkin and book shore excursions or can we do it after paying the deposit?

You can book shore excursions as soon as you have a booking number. :D You can't check in until you've paid in full and even then there is a time frame before you can check in.

You can book shore excursions as soon as you have a booking number. :D You can't check in until you've paid in full and even then there is a time frame before you can check in.

You can fill in the online check in but cant print the boarding pass until you pay in full.

I would do the on-line check-in now. It saves time and makes things so much easier.

Also, they close the on-line check-in a few days before the cruise. It's also the best way to book shore excursions and depending on the cruise line, the spa, specialty restaurants.

Archived