Southwest expert needed

VOLEYMOM

I am waiting for Southwest to open up their schedule for December. They tell me it will be on June 23 but I am trying to use my points to get flights and I know that it will be hard to get flights. Do they ever open up their schedule before that date posted. Just want to make sure I am the first in line! Thanks!

I am waiting for Southwest to open up their schedule for December. They tell me it will be on June 23 but I am trying to use my points to get flights and I know that it will be hard to get flights. Do they ever open up their schedule before that date posted. Just want to make sure I am the first in line! Thanks!

Go to the SW website and sign up for "Ding". It will alert you of any specials or when the new schedules open up on or before the 23d of June.

Southwest has never released flight info before the date they announce. Check when you get up in the morning because the airfares could be posted anytime during the day.

And on occassion I have seen them open the fares AFTER the date they have stated or very late on that date... thus my suggestion to the OP to load in "Ding" into their computer.

And on occassion I have seen them open the fares AFTER the date they have stated or very late on that date... thus my suggestion to the OP to load in "Ding" into their computer.

Ditto. They're pretty flexible about using flight credits. Limited seats but if you look close to when the dates are posted you should be fine. It's harder to use tickets when you are booking closer to the flight dates (30 days out for instance.)

I love Ding for many reasons.

No, they don't open earlly.

So what is your guess for the approximate dates, Dec thru what month?

Thanks!

No one has to guess. It's on the Southwest website:

"We are currently accepting air reservations through October 30, 2009. On June 23, we will open our schedule for sale through January 15, 2010. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently."

I'm ready to use a freebie roundtrip for December, also. If you get into booking your seats right away, you almost always have a wide choice. I'm not sure if they open them up at midnight on 6/22, or it's in the morning on 6/23, but it will be Texas time, so you and I in CA can subtract the time difference and book at 10PM if it's a midnight thing.

Edit: DING! New schedules posted now, thru 1/8/2010

Yes, I just finished booking most of our air for our family cruise in December. There was only one flight available back from FLL after our cruise for my DH and I. Now, I have to wait until 6/28 for my next free roundtrip and book the remaining two people home from FLL.

I just booked our flight for a TA pre inaugural cruise on the Oasis of the Seas Nov. 27 - 29th. The flights were a little pricier than hoped for (but hey it's thanksgiving and a weekend), but still cheaper than other airlines and non stop !

Thanks SW and I have no problem picking my seat or accepting your no baggage fee's !

Archived