Navigator of Seas -Malaga Nov 09

LUCKYSCOT

Sky Bar or Bolero's is perfect for us after muster.

Seems really weird everyone thinking of their departure and all we have to do is a taxi down to the port.

Just doe's not have that I'm going away feeling. YET.

To everyone traveling over the weekend have a safe and carefree journey and we will see you on board.

Still unbelievable weather here mid 20's but cooling down in the evening.

Have been following your pithy posts(no I don't have a lisp)with much enjoyment and just want to wish you both a great cruise. To your fellow cruisers- you are surely in for a treat, sailing with these unforgettable boys. Sure made our April cruise an absolute hoot, one that we will never forget.

Have been following your pithy posts(no I don't have a lisp)with much enjoyment and just want to wish you both a great cruise. To your fellow cruisers- you are surely in for a treat, sailing with these unforgettable boys. Sure made our April cruise an absolute hoot, one that we will never forget.

wow...our board has "fans"! hehe.....or at least James and Jack have fans!

thanks for the well-wishes

David

Sky Bar or Bolero's is perfect for us after muster.

Seems really weird everyone thinking of their departure and all we have to do is a taxi down to the port.

Just doe's not have that I'm going away feeling. YET.

To everyone traveling over the weekend have a safe and carefree journey and we will see you on board.

Still unbelievable weather here mid 20's but cooling down in the evening.

The weather in London has soured, rain off and on, I am so looking forward to some costa del sol sunshine!

With regard to boarding, my parents have just joined Navigator for a 5 day mini cruise. They arrived at Malaga airport at 1230 and we're onboard having lunch at 1-30 so all the horror stories about Malaga seem unfounded!. The taxi from Malaga airport to cruise terminal was 21 euro's. Hope this helps.

Neil

My partner and I have a 6 hour layover in Paris. Can anyone tell me if there is enough time to see anything and if so, what would you recommend?

We have almost 5 and I investigate taking the RER train into Paris. Time wise is might work but I'm concerned about getting back through security. Most times I've flown from Europe, getting through security with documents, etc. has been pretty strict. Any one have thoughts on that?

Been working a lot of 15 hour days and weekends. I'm sooo ready for this trip. I fly out Thursday night for the first leg - London.

Can't wait to board and have a drink with everyone! :)

If anyone wants another tablemate one or two evenings in Portofinos or Chops, let me know. I'll be trying for David and Lori's table in the main dining room once we board.

Warren

Just seen that Gerry and Richard are staying at the same hotel as us, Hotel Barcelo - right above the train station.

Don't want to lock in any plans as everyone in our little group will be doing a lot of heavy duty traveling before we get to Malaga and there is a good chance that we will be totally exhausted.

However it may also be that we arrive earlier than expected and will feel like a drink at the bar downstairs or one close by.

If the mood so takes any of you that night, please feel free to look us up, the booking is in my name James Hardy and the front desk should be able to put you through to our room.

If not we'll see you onboard or perhaps at breakfast the next day which are also having at the hotel.

Can't wait to meet everyone from the CC thread. We leave home tomorrow so VERY VERY excited that I might explode!

Hotel: Barceló Málaga

Hotel address: Estacion VIALIA Maria Zambrano. Heroe de Sostoa, 2. 29002

Hotel e-mail: malaga@barcelo.com

Hotel phone no.: +34 952 047 494

PS Is anyone going to the event organised on the main thread where you take some treat/sweets from your home town?

Or indeed any of the other events such as pub crawl - think stuff like that I'd prefer our own FOD smaller intimate group???

My partner and I have a 6 hour layover in Paris. Can anyone tell me if there is enough time to see anything and if so, what would you recommend?

I'd suggest the french men would be a highlight of any trip to gay pariee!

Thank you! That reminds me I have to pack my pith helmet.

Morning everyone, woke up to a very wet London, supposed to rain down upon us all day long. Going to try to repack the newest purchases back into the suitcase and stay within the EasyJet allotment of 20kilos and then head towards our hotel.

Getting very excitied now about the cruise, hopefully everyone's flights and connections are without drama.

Ciao,

David

Safe journey everyone.

Still can not get over how great the weather is here in Malaga.

Mid 20's for this time of year is amazing.

Anyone thats over here next saturday is welcome to join us in Torremolinos at the B Bar (British Bar) Very mixed and in the gay area of La Nogaleria-were there normally there about 9pm.

@ Warren-will be great having another table mate:)

Hey all

So wish we had booked to stay on the do the TA now, were Duncan & Pete traveling on the 5 night short cruise right before your TA trip.

Enjoy cabin 8610 Sanbox, we will make sure we don't leave any mess for you, how bizzare 2 gay couples from the costa del sol on consecutive cruises in cabin 8610.

Hope you all have a blast.

Hey all

So wish we had booked to stay on the do the TA now, were Duncan & Pete traveling on the 5 night short cruise right before your TA trip.

Enjoy cabin 8610 Sanbox, we will make sure we don't leave any mess for you, how bizzare 2 gay couples from the costa del sol on consecutive cruises in cabin 8610.

Hi adifferentbeat.

Hey thats cool-just make sure you leave the Champers and that Choc's in the fridge.

We would not want them warm would we.:D

Have a wonderful trip.

Hey all

How is the ship and the food been? Have a great trip guys. Maybe Sanbox will let you stay on.

Hi guys, there isn't much for hotels in the Castro area but there are a couple choices the first would be the Parker House www.parkerguesthouse.com and the other choice which is very basic but in the Castro Becks Motor Lodge www.becksmotorlodgesf.com here's another which is new to me but more funky and in the mission but near the castro http://www.elementshotel.com/location.htm and this one is my neighborhood but near civic center muni/bart station, minutes from Union Square, major bus lines, and only 2 muni underground stops from the Castro; http://www.jdvhotels.com/phoenix/?cid=gl_phx technically it's in the Tenderloin but next to Civic Center, the neighborhood is a great mixture but the property is definitely "funky" but safe. Feel free to ask any questions about things to do in my little city.

The Navigator will have U.S. electric outlets so don't forget your adapters.

For "Newbies" to cruising it sounds like you have it all figured out.

Looking forward to meeting you onboard.

David

FYI Thanks for your tips, booked the Parker in SFO - looks fab and can't wait to spend Thanksgiving there.

james

How is the ship and the food been? Have a great trip guys. Maybe Sanbox will let you stay on.

Hey guys, please let us know if you stumbled across any bar staff (re slags such as that abliging man from Uruguay!) who are particularly open to brides and other incentives such as lavish tips and gifts to provide extra strong drinkies - we'll make then make a beeline to their bar which can become our 'local' watering hole.

The same applies for waiters in the main dining room or any other staff that are stand out performers.

Just about to walk out the door.

I wasn't going to mention this but I couldn't sleep last night and thought I'd jump on just in order to save some grief for Geoff and Ronnie who are accompanying us on the cruise.

Ronnie, Geoff's partner from Switzerland is in transition.

It's a really difficult phase of his life. At home with Geoff he dresses as a woman almost full time now days, but of recent months has taken to going out in public for the very first time. Which is very brave thing for him to do.

Only problem is that he really does just look like a man in a frumpy old dress, (not that there's anything wrong with that) and he has a very deep and thick german accent and huge man hands (lots of things conspiring against him there) which have all lead I guess to him already having a couple of very traumatic experiences since walking out of his front door as Ronda. Once he was spat on by an ex war veteran and it gets even worse, he was egged late at night by some school kids, ( a full dozen I believe) which ruined his beautiful new sun frock. He came home in tears poor thing.

Anyway I wasn't going to tell you any of this, as it is his story not mine, but Geoff told me last week that Rhona might be making the odd appearance on board - apparently they have lashed out and purchased 3 amazing ball gowns with literally miles of taffeta, tule and sequins. Just wanted to hop on here an give you all a heads up.

Because if Rhonda is brave enough to make an appearance she will need all of our support, as I'm sure not everyone on board will be so supportive, nor have experienced some of the discrimination we have all experienced as gay men.

The most important thing is despite how ridiculous Ronnie might look we all make a huge effort to hide this from him/her.

He is more than willing to talk about any aspect of it among friends and to answer any questions you or others might have about 'his friend' Rhonda.

Hope I've done the right thing letting you in on his terrible little secret. What with Geoff's incontinence 'issue' and Ronnie's transistioning it should make for a very interesting cruise.

In stead of a fab little repositioning Transatlantic for most of us, for Ronnie it will be more like a fab little transistioning cruise. How modern is that.

Archived