Navigator of Seas -Malaga Nov 09

LUCKYSCOT

Just did my little Docs dance

Cartwheels naked up and down the street. The neighbours just ignored me. As they always do.

As for delays for boarding, or if other bigger wheels fall off. I don't give a rats!

We're going to have a blast. Regardless. Even if we happen to hit a an ice burg mid atlantic, until and unless I get my hair wet, we're going to party. big time. Party Like It's 1964! Woo-hoo! - good friggin year that one - that's when I was born.

Nothing, repeat NOTHING is going to spoil our cruise.

Heck if we all get stuck in a line full of smelly old Spaniards we should just camp it all up so that we get some more room. Thinking we should have some bubbles on hand to drown our sorrows just in case.

And it all else fails lets start a riot and scream black and blue for some sailors!

:D

Back to HAL for our next one. Anyone who honestly says RCI is good has not been with either HAL, Celebrity or Princess.

I've been on all of them. My two HAL cruises were mediocre at best (Noordam and Maasdam). I was expecting much better. Celebrity Solstice was very nice, I must admit, but not that much better than RCI (and the RCI influence on how the ship is run was obvious).

I've been on Explorer of the Seas twice and Adventure of the Seas and had a great time each cruise. We're going to be on the ship for 12 days. Who cares if it takes a couple of hours to board? The ship doesn't sail until the last passenger boards anyway.

Warren

Will pop down I think and investergate what its like on Saturday.

If you do go down to the pier, would you mind checking to see if there is a beverage store on the pier for items that can be taken on ship? This was true in San Juan and I was sorry I didn't take advantage of it! This may already be on your list since it's been mentioned on the other board as well.

Thanks!

If you do go down to the pier, would you mind checking to see if there is a beverage store on the pier for items that can be taken on ship? This was true in San Juan and I was sorry I didn't take advantage of it! This may already be on your list since it's been mentioned on the other board as well.

Thanks!

Hey David.

Good question.

Unfortunantly will not make it this saturday but will try next week when its in again.

I have posted this question on the destination board for Europe and Spain in case I can not actually get in the terminal.:)

Just had a look at pricing for our TA sailing, $559 is the least expensive for an inside. .

Even doubling that inside fare is more than the fare I paid!

Just re-priced myself just for giggles. Everything available for a singles on balconies is at least $600-700 more expensive. Asking for a free upgrade from my inside Promenade cabin to a balcony doesn't seem promising. :rolleyes:

Warren

Just re-priced myself just for giggles. Everything available for a singles on balconies is at least $600-700 more expensive. Asking for a free upgrade from my inside Promenade cabin to a balcony doesn't seem promising. :rolleyes:

Warren

Yeah, Royal Caribbean is not known for comp upgrades.

Princess is good at upgrades for their repeat customers.

Celebrity had (has?) purchased upgrades once you board the ship.

Warren

Not sure if you saw a recent press release from Royal Carribean. They have a new policy to refund ANY difference if the price drops before travel, only catch is you have to advise them. If your travel agent won't or can't I'd be contacting central Res direct.

Not sure if you saw a recent press release from Royal Carribean. They have a new policy to refund ANY difference if the price drops before travel, only catch is you have to advise them. If your travel agent won't or can't I'd be contacting central Res direct.

I thought we got a good deal when booking the cruise. While making the final payment one month later, the price has dropped a bit. I asked the agent to inquire the onboard credit for the difference (the time I read the policy from dingoboy). I don't remember the response from RCCL via the agent (something about Diamond member). Because we are not, nothing got arranged. I don't think we'll get any benefit with a even lower price now by calling RCCL directly. So we are not gonna bother.

A few weeks ago, I called RCCL directly asking them to send me the paper cruise document. The rep told me she couldn't do it and I had to contact my agent. She told me she couldn't access my file except the arrangement of the bed, dining etc.

While sailing QM2 (booked by an agent), I didn't have any problem calling Cunard directly regarding anything (except my agent wasn't happy that I skipped her). I'm confused of what RCCL can do if booking a cruise with a travel agent.

Anyways, looking forward to a great vacation soon. :D

Jerry

I thought we got a good deal when booking the cruise. While making the final payment one month later, the price has dropped a bit. I asked the agent to inquire the onboard credit for the difference (the time I read the policy from dingoboy). I don't remember the response from RCCL via the agent (something about Diamond member). Because we are not, nothing got arranged. I don't think we'll get any benefit with a even lower price now by calling RCCL directly. So we are not gonna bother.

A few weeks ago, I called RCCL directly asking them to send me the paper cruise document. The rep told me she couldn't do it and I had to contact my agent. She told me she couldn't access my file except the arrangement of the bed, dining etc.

While sailing QM2 (booked by an agent), I didn't have any problem calling Cunard directly regarding anything (except my agent wasn't happy that I skipped her). I'm confused of what RCCL can do if booking a cruise with a travel agent.

Anyways, looking forward to a great vacation soon. :D

Jerry

Back to Dingoboy's comment about a fare reduction, if you booked through an agent they will have to call on your behalf to request any refund. If they Can't or won't then it's time to find another agent, that's their job.

To answer your question Achman, a good rule of thumb is if you book through an agent then the cruise line should only be speaking to the agent even if you call to ask a question.

I just read through 14 pages of messages, now here's my info.....................I'm Chuck (aka Charles) from Ft. Lauderdale, traveling solo and I manage a gay guesthouse (Cheston House) in FLL for any post cruiser's in need of a place to stay. www.chestonhouse.com Leaving MIA Nov. 6th on BA 206 to LHR X BA 496 to AGP. Staying at the AC Malaga Palacio Hotel for 2 nights. I see we have a GAYted community on Deck 8. I'm in cabin 8216, reserved late dining and celebrating a birthday on this cruise. (gift to myself) I pre-reserved Chops Grille on the 11th at 8:30pm and Portofino on the 16th at 8:30pm. This is my 4th TA and counting the days. No port activities planned as yet. I think I've covered most of the basic info. Looking forward to meeting all of you! See you onboard.

Regards.:)

I just read through 14 pages of messages, now here's my info.....................I'm Chuck (aka Charles) from Ft. Lauderdale, traveling solo and I manage a gay guesthouse (Cheston House) in FLL for any post cruiser's in need of a place to stay. www.chestonhouse.com Leaving MIA Nov. 6th on BA 206 to LHR X BA 496 to AGP. Staying at the AC Malaga Palacio Hotel for 2 nights. I see we have a GAYted community on Deck 8. I'm in cabin 8216, reserved late dining and celebrating a birthday on this cruise. (gift to myself) I pre-reserved Chops Grille on the 11th at 8:30pm and Portofino on the 16th at 8:30pm. This is my 4th TA and counting the days. No port activities planned as yet. I think I've covered most of the basic info. Looking forward to meeting all of you! See you onboard.

Regards.:)

Welcome aboard Chuck, the more the merrier!

There's nothing I expect my travel agent to do - she's already done quite nicely by me! She watches the fares like a hawk - my fare dropped several times after I originally booked thanks to her.

I only played around on RCI's website to see if they were having a last minute fire sale on empty balconies for the same fare I paid for my Promenade cabin. No such luck but it was fun looking.

There's nothing I expect my travel agent to do - she's already done quite nicely by me! She watches the fares like a hawk - my fare dropped several times after I originally booked thanks to her.

I only played around on RCI's website to see if they were having a last minute fire sale on empty balconies for the same fare I paid for my Promenade cabin. No such luck but it was fun looking.

You have a Gem of an agent!

Thanks!

Hi David.

Have found out there is shops at the terminal and they do sell beverages.

Even ships staff were buying from there.

We plan on getting some as well depending on the price (you know what these places sometimes charge)

Malaga weather report...

Average 20-24 and nights are cooling down (shorts out and duvet on)

Daytime warm and the evenings are heading towards a jumper.

2 days it rained this week but seeing we only get 42 days rain a year this will be few and far between.

Daylight saving come's into effect tonight (put ya clocks back)

Extra hours sleep or extra hour in the pub?

Have a great weekend everyone.

P

Hi David.

We plan on getting some as well depending on the price (you know what these places sometimes charge)

Malaga weather report...

Thanks for all the great info!!

Hi David.

Malaga weather report...

Average 20-24 and nights are cooling down (shorts out and duvet on)

Daytime warm and the evenings are heading towards a jumper.

2 days it rained this week but seeing we only get 42 days rain a year this will be few and far between.

Daylight saving come's into effect tonight (put ya clocks back)

Extra hours sleep or extra hour in the pub?

Have a great weekend everyone.

P

Thanks for the weather and cruise terminal info, I'll be in Benalmadena a week from Monday, hopefully we'll get a warm spell that week?

David

Hello everyone, getting ready to leave for London tomorrow, I found the passport, everything else I can live without pretty much, lol.

Two weeks from today and we sail out of Malaga, looking forward to a fun sail away party.

Hope everyone is well

David

Wow the holiday starts for you tomorrow.

Have a great trip and look forward to meeting up on board.

Weather here is wonderful here at the moment-lets hope it continues.

Paul

Seeing some of us will be departing soon may I suggest that we make some arrangement to meet for something like a sailaway drink.

:)

My suggestion would be the Sky Bar if the weather was ok 4 pm for a 5pm departure.

:D

Suggestions if the weather is bad are welcome.

:rolleyes:

But somewhere along the line we arrange for a group meeting.

Choose a bar and a meeting time to suit all.

I'm excited(but not in that way):eek:

Archived