Navigator of Seas -Malaga Nov 09

LUCKYSCOT

Has it been agreed yet where we are to hold the Friends of Dorothy Meetings?. The Crown & Anchor lounge sounds a suitably glamorous location...

Still no one else flying out on BA on Monday?.

Neil

What about the ice skating rink? Someone mentioned previously on days in port the place is deserted. I could do my ice queen routine for which I'm so famous.

Here I sit in rainy AND cold San Francisco dreaming of being warm as we sail across the Atlantic.....................

Looking forward to some warm weather, off to Palm Springs this weekend for a BDay celebration, should be in the mid 80's so guess I'm getting my wish!

Flights are booked to Malaga, Easy Jet here I come.

Hotel is booked; Benalmadena, here I come.

Now just need to get across the pond.

What about the ice skating rink? Someone mentioned previously on days in port the place is deserted. I could do my ice queen routine for which I'm so famous.

Or the night club. .... What's it called? .... the crypt?

Has it been agreed yet where we are to hold the Friends of Dorothy Meetings?. The Crown & Anchor lounge sounds a suitably glamorous location...

Neil

What about the wedding chapel?

What about the wedding chapel?

No bar in the Wedding Chapel :mad: hehe...but it's just upstairs from the Viking Crown Lounge, which I think EnergyUK was suggesting. If any marital urges strike, you're just steps away :D

No bar in the Wedding Chapel :mad: hehe...but it's just upstairs from the Viking Crown Lounge, which I think EnergyUK was suggesting. If any marital urges strike, you're just steps away :D

What say we crash the staff quarters of that "charming, young man from Uruguay".

Neil

Hi Neil,

Sounds like a good idea to me, Last year we managed to take it over from what I remember, sounds like this year will be the same.!!:)

We're flying out Monday Morning as well, but on Cheapo Easyjet!, Glad it's a short flight!

xx

Jason & Tony

Its friday again and time for my weekly weather report for Malaga..

Today was partly cloudy and a very nice 26 degree's.:D

Expecting the same for the next 5 days.;)

Nights are starting to draw in a little and the locals are starting to wear a jumper in the evening.:rolleyes:

Lets hope this unusually warm october continues.:p

OK lets start a discussion on your fav drinkie Pooooo's

Mine is...... Beer during the day-Vodka and cranberry (or tonic) before dinner-wine with dinner-then back to beer or vodka and when in the night club um can't remember(well it is a holiday) LOL

All in moderation of course-don't want anyone to think I over indulge.

Sandbox....nice selections......vodka cranberry during the day, wine with dinner, and a Bombay Saphire martini after...ok, before....or.....well,....OK,....martinis all day! :o

Who can go past a cranburry with anything. And we did love all those fluffy foo foo coctails on our last cruise. But change of attack this time.

We're both been on the low carb diet for the last month to shed all f'rigging kilos we put on our cruise in April. Mainly so we can eat everything on navigator, barring the bread. But our deal with the devil is that we'll stick to vodka and diet tonic, red wine and low carb beer when ever we can.

We think it was the cream based drinkies that did us in last time.

That's the plan. I'm guessing it won't last more than a day or two.

Hi Tom, Just got off Navigator last Thursday and felt that I had to let you know of our experience.

Malaga was a complete disaster.

We landed at Malaga airport around 11:00am collected our luggage and were swiftly bussed to the quayside. It must have been around 12:00 or just a little after (earliest time for embarking) when we went into the new port building.

The entire building from one end to the other was ram packed with people. We are new to cruising and didn't quite know what we should do - when we asked someone they advised us to stand in one of the lines. We hadn't realised these were lines.

To cut a long story short - we and everyone else, stood in line for 3 hours. There was absolutely no organisation whatsoever. Some people tried asking to see someone from management, but nobody came out. Disabled and elderly people were also waiting hours. There were fist fights between men, ladies fainting, kids screaming - I would have flown home if someone had given us that option. There was nothing to eat or drink (and we had been travelling since 4:00am). When we got to the front there seemed to be absolutely no organisation whatsoever - it took 15 minutes per couple to get our embarkation pass.

Once on board, of course, everyone headed for the restaurant and there were no seats - people were standing to eat.

At no time during our embarkation or during our short cruise did anyone from RC apologise or explain why there were such problems.

I will never cruise with Royal Caribbean again.

Oh. That doesn't sound good does it. Any imput guys who have boarded from Malaga before?

Surely it can't be like that every time. Our boarding with RC was a breeze.

If it's going to be repeated when we board I'd rather hold back, skip lunch on board, and

Interesting comment about boarding in Malaga. I have been there once in 2006 with Royal Caribbean as a stop during a cruise; the cruise terminal wasn't built yet. As for the crowds, it happens, doesn't mean it will happen every time. Sounds like they had a late disembarkation for whatever reason and then folks lining up early to get on. Only thing I can suggest is either check in early or check in after the mad rush and bring lots of patience

Will pop down I think and investergate what its like on Saturday.

I know that weekend plus the monday was a national holiday but should not of made any difference.

I will also send this info to the Sur in English and the Costa Del Sol news both popular english news papers here for them to maybe have a look into it.

Also as some has said RCI was caught out in Malaga as all the Spanish turned out very early and they were not prepared.

These 5 night holidays have been flogged to death over here and have been sold at very cheap prices.

I do not think it will be the same for us on the TA as there won't be so many of them.

Is it realy only 20 days to go !!!!!!!!!:D

Hi Alid.

I arrived at the cruise terminal at 11.30 and it was chaos at that time. It seems that the Spaniards all arrived very early and caught everyone off guard.

My worst cruise ever. RCI very poor in every department. Back to HAL for our next one. Anyone who honestly says RCI is good has not been with either HAL, Celebrity or Princess. Everything on the Navigator was second rate. The only good thing was the show by Beatlemaniacs.

Hi Alid.

I arrived at the cruise terminal at 11.30 and it was chaos at that time. It seems that the Spaniards all arrived very early and caught everyone off guard.

My worst cruise ever. RCI very poor in every department. Back to HAL for our next one. Anyone who honestly says RCI is good has not been with either HAL, Celebrity or Princess. Everything on the Navigator was second rate. The only good thing was the show by Beatlemaniacs.

Tom, thanks for the posts...always good to be forewarned.

I tend to take "end of the scale" comments like these with a grain of salt. If there are many other similar comments on the boards, then it probably is a trend. Otherwise, it's just some data to take note of.

Lower rate cruises (as Sandbox has noted) attract bargain hunter clientele. Same for ships departing from some ports in the states.

I'll err on the side of assuming that most of our fellow passengers can afford the air flight across the pond or otherwise and that all will be well.

20 days....yee-haw!

Was just on Navigator for the repositioning cruise from Rome to Malaga. We didn't spend any time in Malaga, so I can't speak to that port, but it was an easy cab ride to the airport and pretty easy disembarkation.

As for Navigator... we were impressed. RCCL has been hit or miss - always decent, occassionally great - and we thought Navigator was bordering on great. Lamb shank and shrimp were REALLY good. Chops and Portofino were amazing. Windjammer was decent - with a few stellar dishes here and there.

Service was good - again, hit or miss. A few went WAY out of their way and all provided a decent level of service.

Enjoy!!

I THINK THIS WILL BE US I HOPE

I THINK THIS WILL BE US I HOPE

Yeah...a positive post! I think all will be well. You can eat a great meal anywhere. But it's the company and fun on the ship that make the cruise great for me. That and the drinks. :D

Just had a look at pricing for our TA sailing, $559 is the least expensive for an inside. On the 5 night previous to our sailing, $649 is the least expensive for an oceanview but I seem to remember $499 was the least expensive inside cabin; just goes to show you what a good deal TA sailings are.

Just had a look at pricing for our TA sailing, $559 is the least expensive for an inside. On the 5 night previous to our sailing, $649 is the least expensive for an oceanview but I seem to remember $499 was the least expensive inside cabin; just goes to show you what a good deal TA sailings are.

I noted yesterday that a E2 balcony guarantee was going for $699. If I didn't like where we landed on our balcony guarantee I'd switch. But sticking with 8540 to be near lots of you boys and give Lori guaranteed sun on the port side.

Archived