Navigator of Seas -Malaga Nov 09

LUCKYSCOT

Just seen that Gerry and Richard are staying at the same hotel as us, Hotel Barcelo - right above the train station.

Don't want to lock in any plans as everyone in our little group will be doing a lot of heavy duty traveling before we get to Malaga and there is a good chance that we will be totally exhausted.

However it may also be that we arrive earlier than expected and will feel like a drink at the bar downstairs or one close by.

If the mood so takes any of you that night, please feel free to look us up, the booking is in my name James Hardy and the front desk should be able to put you through to our room.

If not we'll see you onboard or perhaps at breakfast the next day which are also having at the hotel.

Can't wait to meet everyone from the CC thread. We leave home tomorrow so VERY VERY excited that I might explode!

Hotel: Barceló Málaga

Hotel address: Estacion VIALIA Maria Zambrano. Heroe de Sostoa, 2. 29002

Hotel e-mail: malaga@barcelo.com

Hotel phone no.: +34 952 047 494

PS Is anyone going to the event organised on the main thread where you take some treat/sweets from your home town?

Or indeed any of the other events such as pub crawl - think stuff like that I'd prefer our own FOD smaller intimate group???

Got your email, James. It sounds like a fun plan. Hopefully we won't be too tired to do anything after a long trip to Malaga. Jerry

Hi all,

I will work at Port of Málaga during Navigator´s disembarkation and embarkation 11/9/2009. The best time to come to the pier is at 11am when we will start the embarkation (more or less). From noon till 2pm there will be a lot of pax.

On board Navigator there will be lunch at Windjammer Café (deck 11) from noon till 3.45pm and at Nutcracker Dining Room (deck 3) from 1pm till 2.30pm.

See you in Málaga!

Hi all,

I will work at Port of Málaga during Navigator´s disembarkation and embarkation 11/9/2009. The best time to come to the pier is at 11am when we will start the embarkation (more or less). From noon till 2pm there will be a lot of pax.

On board Navigator there will be lunch at Windjammer Café (deck 11) from noon till 3.45pm and at Nutcracker Dining Room (deck 3) from 1pm till 2.30pm.

See you in Málaga!

Thanks for the info. A few weeks ago, we heard bad stories about the embarkation in Malaga (e.g. waiting for 2 hours). It sounds like the port authority has resolved the problem. Jerry

hello everyone,

enjoying our first day in benalmadena with a cold one while sitting on our balcony.

it's definitely warmer than i expected and not so breezy so a perfect day really.

when you fly into malaga, the flight pattern is to fly over the med for about a mile, as soon as you leave land that is the tri cities of torremolinos, benalmadena and fuengirola, i'll be down there waving up! you'll make a u turn to the left and come right into malaga. if you are sitting on the right side you'll see the port, just look for the two loading cranes that are blue and red.

excuse everything in lower case my shift key went out unexpectedly.

hello everyone,

enjoying our first day in benalmadena with a cold one while sitting on our balcony.

it's definitely warmer than i expected and not so breezy so a perfect day really.

when you fly into malaga, the flight pattern is to fly over the med for about a mile, as soon as you leave land that is the tri cities of torremolinos, benalmadena and fuengirola, i'll be down there waving up! you'll make a u turn to the left and come right into malaga. if you are sitting on the right side you'll see the port, just look for the two loading cranes that are blue and red.

excuse everything in lower case my shift key went out unexpectedly.

Welcome to paradise LOL:)

Yep the weather had been amazing for this time of year.

Have a great week and behave yourself in Torre (I'll be watching):D

Expect this thread will start to go a bit quite from now as everyone will be traveling.

So EVERYONE have a safe journey and will catch up on board.

If anyone is around and has ordered a wine package can they let me know as they still won't let me buy online.

If anyone is around and has ordered a wine package can they let me know as they still won't let me buy online.

I tried ordering as well but couldn't. But they will definitely let you order it on the ship.

Can't wait to be there! We leave for Barcelona on Thursday, then to Malaga on Monday morning.

David

I tried ordering as well but couldn't. But they will definitely let you order it on the ship.

Can't wait to be there! We leave for Barcelona on Thursday, then to Malaga on Monday morning.

David

Flying in on Monday morning? cutting it a bit close?? (we'll wait for you, no worries) have fun in Barcelona, I have been there before, such a beautiful city!

Welcome to paradise LOL:)

Yep the weather had been amazing for this time of year.

Have a great week and behave yourself in Torre (I'll be watching):D

Expect this thread will start to go a bit quite from now as everyone will be traveling.

So EVERYONE have a safe journey and will catch up on board.

Yep, the weather has been amazing, even at night! might have to take a stroll down the promenade today towards Torremolinos and check it out. My cruise partner Carla is somewhere between Munich, Rome and Malaga, just waiting for her call before we go to the airport and pick her up.

As for the rest of the group who are flying in a day or two precruise, if you are looking for something fun to do take the train from Malaga down the coast and get off at Benalmadena and have a nice stroll to Torremolinos, plenty of pubs, restaurants, and souvenir shops all along the beaches............if you don't want to walk a lot then get off at Torremolinos and skip Benalmadena. From the Malaga airport to Benalmadena we paid EUR 1.50 so from Malaga it won't be that much more.

Yep, the weather has been amazing, even at night! might have to take a stroll down the promenade today towards Torremolinos and check it out. My cruise partner Carla is somewhere between Munich, Rome and Malaga, just waiting for her call before we go to the airport and pick her up.

As for the rest of the group who are flying in a day or two precruise, if you are looking for something fun to do take the train from Malaga down the coast and get off at Benalmadena and have a nice stroll to Torremolinos, plenty of pubs, restaurants, and souvenir shops all along the beaches............if you don't want to walk a lot then get off at Torremolinos and skip Benalmadena. From the Malaga airport to Benalmadena we paid EUR 1.50 so from Malaga it won't be that much more.

Hey David is this a nice area something to see or should I just stay in malaga for the 1 or 2 days iam hear.

@Cruiseone2003.

If you have a sea view where your staying look out your window about 6pm and you should see the Navigator pass Benalmadena.

Have fun.

How ironic, we just picked up Carla from the airport, got to her room and saw the Navigator pass by followed by HAL's Rotterdam, and later on what looked like msc?. I am guesstimating that by the time we get to gibraltar it will already be dark (about 2030'ish?)

My partner and I did walk from benalmadena to Torremolinos and then picked up the train from the torremolinos station to the airport. We walked the distance in about 1h20m which allowed for us to get a little lost in torremolinos looking for the station.

The weather prediction for tomorrow should be more like yesterday, hi 70's, lo 80's good/strong sunshine and light breezes from the north about 10mph.

Hey David is this a nice area something to see or should I just stay in malaga for the 1 or 2 days iam hear.

Hi Tom, just got Carla from the airport, she had to fly from d.c. to munich to rome and then to malaga! she's been fed, compliments of terry and i and now she is sleeping soundly in her room.

i've only been to malaga once on our 2006 brilliance trip, found it quite boring to be honest. add in siesta where the majority of the city just closes down and you have the perfect reason to leave the city and catch the train to the costa del sol. catch the train to 'fuengirola' from the malaga train station, it's very affordable, probably eur2.00 each way more or less, the trains are very modern, clean and safe. I would suggest getting off at torremolinos, ask how to get down to the beach or 'la costa' and then walk along the promenade going towards benalmadena. Stop along the way for a drink, something to eat, maybe a little shopping, rent a lounge chair on the beach and get some sun, there's plenty to see and do. there's a gay section in torremolinos but i have never been so can't suggest anything there but i definitely think a trip to la costa del sur is worth a day trip, half day trip at the very least.

on a previous posting, 'sandbox' posted a few links for gay torremolinos, just fyi.

Stephen and David, (Sandbox)

Would you like to share a ride to ft. Lauderdale from the Port of Miami? I reserved the same company. If you'd like to, let Destination Driving know or confirm with Buzz at Royal Palms. See you on board. :) My cabin is 9520.

Chuck

Hi Tom, just got Carla from the airport, she had to fly from d.c. to munich to rome and then to malaga! she's been fed, compliments of terry and i and now she is sleeping soundly in her room.

i've only been to malaga once on our 2006 brilliance trip, found it quite boring to be honest. add in siesta where the majority of the city just closes down and you have the perfect reason to leave the city and catch the train to the costa del sol. catch the train to 'fuengirola' from the malaga train station, it's very affordable, probably eur2.00 each way more or less, the trains are very modern, clean and safe. I would suggest getting off at torremolinos, ask how to get down to the beach or 'la costa' and then walk along the promenade going towards benalmadena. Stop along the way for a drink, something to eat, maybe a little shopping, rent a lounge chair on the beach and get some sun, there's plenty to see and do. there's a gay section in torremolinos but i have never been so can't suggest anything there but i definitely think a trip to la costa del sur is worth a day trip, half day trip at the very least.

on a previous posting, 'sandbox' posted a few links for gay torremolinos, just fyi.

Does Carla have a few new jokes to tell?

Stephen and David, (Sandbox)

Would you like to share a ride to ft. Lauderdale from the Port of Miami? I reserved the same company. If you'd like to, let Destination Driving know or confirm with Buzz at Royal Palms. See you on board. :) My cabin is 9520.

Chuck

Hi Chuck.

Many thanks for the offer.

We are renting a car from Miami airport and heading to Sawgrass Mill for some retail as we can not get into the hotel to mid-afternoon.

Looking forward to meeting everyone on board.:)

Morning Sandbox, how did you like those gale force winds this morning? seems to have died down today for yet another lovely day on La Costa!

Boy was that a rough night.

We had a little wind damage but only minor.

Still a bit windy up on the hill so will use the day to get the apartment in shape and finish packing.

Enjoy your day.:)

tom, carla is always getting new comedic material from our travel's.

what day do you arrive in malaga? saturday??? on BA????

Sat. the 7th Hotel Room Mate Lola Room Mate Lola

In Malaga near Malaga Cathedral.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187438-d626299-Reviews-Room_Mate_Lola-Malaga_Costa_del_Sol_Andalusia.html

I posted this on the roll call too (sorry for the dup):

Wasn't planning on popping online in the middle of my packing frenzy - but I just learned that we're in for a cosmic treat during our crossing: the Leonid Meteor shower! It will be at its peak overnight November 17th/18th.

It's supposed to be super spectacular this year and with no moon, will be fully visible.

Warren (yeah, I'm a dork)

Boy was that a rough night.

We had a little wind damage but only minor.

Still a bit windy up on the hill so will use the day to get the apartment in shape and finish packing.

Enjoy your day.:)

glad to hear no major damage, we made it through unscathed.

spent part of the day walking to the benalmadena marina with our friend carla, show her around a bit, then back to the apartment for drinks on the balcony and a nice dinner.

here's to another great day!

Archived