Philadelphia Cruise Terminal?

cruisincorgi

My wife, daughter and myself are sailing 5 days on the Majesty out of Philadelphia in August. I have never sailed out of Philly; really looking forward to it. Does anyone know anything about the cruise terminal in Philadelphia (eg, parking, costs, how well it runs, etc). I'd appreciate any info at all. Thanks.

I'm curious as well. We are sailing from Philly the last cruise of the Majesty.:( My sister has cruised from there but she's on summer vacation. Hopefully, some CC member will fill us in!:)

its a real easy terminal-although they did have some computer problems last year on my cruise. The cruise terminal is in the old Navy yard/base. there are a couple of areas that they park cars....and have a trolley that takes you back to the terminal(you drop off your luggage and other people and then park) last year parking was $12 but I think it was raised to $15.00 this year.

My husband and I cruised out of Philly in June 2007 on NCL Crown to Bermuda. It was very easy - so much so that we are doing it again on the Majesty to Bermuda on Oct. 17. The cruise terminal is located in the old Navy base, and there are great signs to guide you there. We did long term parking but I don't remember the rate. If you go to www.cruisephilly.com there's all the information you might want to know.

It's not a great big terminal like in Miami, but things ran smoothly and it was "easy on, easy off". For those folks from the area, it's an interesting trip down the Delaware viewing the many familiar sites in NJ, PA, and DE in a way you've not seen before. Going under the bridges was really fun:eek:

With the move to bigger cruise ships, I'm not sure how much longer we can sail from our 'home" port :(

My husband and I cruised out of Philly in June 2007 on NCL Crown to Bermuda. It was very easy - so much so that we are doing it again on the Majesty to Bermuda on Oct. 17. The cruise terminal is located in the old Navy base, and there are great signs to guide you there. We did long term parking but I don't remember the rate. If you go to www.cruisephilly.com there's all the information you might want to know.

It's not a great big terminal like in Miami, but things ran smoothly and it was "easy on, easy off". For those folks from the area, it's an interesting trip down the Delaware viewing the many familiar sites in NJ, PA, and DE in a way you've not seen before. Going under the bridges was really fun:eek:

With the move to bigger cruise ships, I'm not sure how much longer we can sail from our 'home" port :(

This was really helpful for me. Thank you! We aren't driving but flying in the day before. I'll look forward to seeing the sites and the bridges. I wouldn't have known.:)

We loved going out of Philly. Parking was a cinch and the lot was about two blocks away from the ship. Longest part is waiting in line to drop off bags or pick up someone after if you have tons of bags. That's the one thing I'll do differently this time. We'll just head over to the lot together after the trip (all our bags roll). Last time it took DH about half an hour to work his way from the lot to where I was waiting with way too many shopping bags from Bermuda. :) This year we are doing NE so DH is hoping I won't do so much shopping.....

Very easy to find. The signage is good. Not too crowded. You'll drive through a large complex for the former Navy yard. Once you get closer there will be people to direct you. One thing I remember from last year. We had the laminated tags that had come with our docs. But they were directing folks who had the paper tags they had printed into another lot where an NCL person was replacing them with the laminated version. Note: they may have changed this totally by now because they seem to be pushing e-docs. But wanted to mention it just in case.

The day we embarked it was absolutely pouring. And they had some issues with the rain (leaks) so they were checking people in on board. Took a bit longer than usual to board but was not bad for us (we were there early). I think it got more difficult later on because I heard the Cruise Director making apologetic announcements.

We were not in a suite and did not have VIP boarding. We left our house (about 50 minutes away) at 10:15AM. By 12:50 we were checked in and heading to the dining room for lunch.

If you are a higher level Latitudes member or have booked a suite, there was a person waiting when you entered the building. She was directing folks with the VIP boarding to a different location.

Definitely try to be on deck or at a spot where you can see the ship clear the bridges. Like another poster noted above, it is wild. The ship looks like it barely clears the Commodore Barry bridge. (Definitely a problem for us here in Philly since it means the larger ships can't come in here. Every now and then you hear them talking about dredging but have not heard anything recently. I guess when Majesty leaves we may be out of luck.) :(

Archived