Honolulu-Papeete B2B Not Possible?

eyelash

Am I too dumb to figure this out, or is it not possible to sail Honolulu-Papeete-Honolulu B2B on Princess? I'd like to do this sometime between Jan-April 2011 without intervening shore time.

Every combination I've tried that starts in Honolulu leaves me with the option of staying ashore in Papeete for 10 days before reboarding, or continuing on an unwanted 10 day cruise around Tahiti before the ship sails back to Honolulu.

The other option appears to be to fly to Papeete and either take the unwanted 10 day cruise around Tahiti before the ship sails to Honolulu, or just board in Papeete to sail strictly back to Honolulu. I don't want to put my elderly Mom through flying all the way from Alaska to Papeete, so that's out.

I can't afford to spring for the unwanted intervening 10 day cruise (which would make it a B2B2B), nor a hotel in Papeete for 10 days waiting to reboard for Honolulu.

Am I missing something or is this just not possible?:confused:

Am I too dumb to figure this out, or is it not possible to sail Honolulu-Papeete-Honolulu B2B on Princess? I'd like to do this sometime between Jan-April 2011 without intervening shore time.

Every combination I've tried that starts in Honolulu leaves me with the option of staying ashore in Papeete for 10 days before reboarding, or continuing on an unwanted 10 day cruise around Tahiti before the ship sails back to Honolulu.

The other option appears to be to fly to Papeete and either take the unwanted 10 day cruise around Tahiti before the ship sails to Honolulu, or just board in Papeete to sail strictly back to Honolulu. I don't want to put my elderly Mom through flying all the way from Alaska to Papeete, so that's out.

I can't afford to spring for the unwanted intervening 10 day cruise (which would make it a B2B2B), nor a hotel in Papeete for 10 days waiting to reboard for Honolulu.

Am I missing something or is this just not possible?:confused:

Well, we did a B2B Hawaii/Tahiti/Hawaii on the old Crown Princess back in 2002, so it is possible. I would suggest giving Princess or your Travel Agent a call to book this one.

I haven't looked at the itineary for 2011 but most times the ship sails from Hawaii to Tahiti, then spends some time in Tahiti sailing a few 10 day cruises around those islands, and then either returns to Hawaii or goes elsewhere (as it is doing this year). The Hawaii/Tahiti and then returning to Hawaii B2B cruises aren't offered very often. But I will have a look to see what you are talking about.

It's a lovely cruise, if it is offered, for 20+ days, and no really long flights involved, which makes it all the better. Good Luck!

Edited, Yes, they are offering the Hawaii/Tahaiti cruise January 28, 2011, and then afterwards it returns to Hawaii on February 9, 2011. Contact Princess or your TA and they can book this B2B for you. ;)

The schedule I have shows Jan.28-Feb.9 is Papeete-Honolulu

Feb.9 -21 is Honolulu -Papeete

Feb, 21-March 3 Papeete round trip

March 3-March 13 Papeete round trip

March 13-March 25 Papeete-Honolulu

That means you'd have to do B2B2B2B

I was aware of this because we wanted to do the same thing.

Right now we will just fly home from Papeete on March 3.

The schedule I have shows Jan.28-Feb.9 is Papeete-Honolulu

Feb.9 -21 is Honolulu -Papeete

Feb, 21-March 3 Papeete round trip

March 3-March 13 Papeete round trip

March 13-March 25 Papeete-Honolulu

That means you'd have to do B2B2B2B

I was aware of this because we wanted to do the same thing.

Right now we will just fly home from Papeete on March 3.

Opps, I had better have another look. I must have reversed that itineary I was looking at. :o

Edited, Yep, chamima is correct, I looked at it wrong. I thought that was strange as they rarely offer the Hawaii/Tahiti/Hawaii for a B2B anymore. My error, sorry!

We were able to do the Honolulu-Papeete RT several years ago on the old Fair Princess. We just flew to Honolulu and then did the b/b - 24 days in all. It was a wonderful cruise, and I've wondered why it has not been reinstated.

We were able to do the Honolulu-Papeete RT several years ago on the old Fair Princess. We just flew to Honolulu and then did the b/b - 24 days in all. It was a wonderful cruise, and I've wondered why it has not been reinstated.

Our first cruise to Tahiti from Hawaii was also on the Old Fair Princess. Ours was way back in 1993! :eek:

Archived