Conquest cabin 8449 ?s

Kakk

Does anyone know of this cabin ....8449....?? I have stayed in balcony on conquest before but wanted to know if there is a big differnce in the 9a catagory?

Also, does anyone know if there is a charge for using your laptop on board?

Thanks!

Although 8449 is considered a 9A, it is not one of the coveted 9A wraps. We love the 9A wraps and even booked our friends into the port side 9A wrap (we already had the starboard cabin).

I would also be concerned about being on the Veranda deck as that is one floor below the Lido. I have read complaints, about being able to hear the chairs scraping across the deck overhead at all times of the day/evening.

Internet is not free on-board, but you can purchase internet packages.

Hope that helps... and happy cruising.

Nanuak,

Thanks so much. I will take my earplugs. hmmmmm....I wonder if the banana daiquiri's will help me sleep??? Oh well, guess I could try one!

try a dirty banana instead-- it tastes like a frozen chocalate banana. Its a frozen slushie type drink

Nanuak,

Thanks so much. I will take my earplugs. hmmmmm....I wonder if the banana daiquiri's will help me sleep??? Oh well, guess I could try one!

Just one???

You are on vacation after all, and you don't have to worry about driving anywhere....:D

Chocolate banana????....WHOA...whats wrong w/ this.....?

Serene, I have always been able to count on you. AND NAN....good point darling. So maybe 5 a night?

I guess no one else has info on this cabin?....Cant get any more responses!

We are so we cruise!

if you drink those frozen variety kind of drinks you might want to consider buying drink coupons ahead of time. Coupons are good for 4 drinks. these are pre-paid before you go. You can find them on carnival website- under the gift tab-- then specialty gifts

Ahha.....I would be happy to. We leave on the 26th of July. SO give me some time to re-coup and look for my response. Last year we had room 8418, and yes I could hear a little noise from the moving of the chairs but not as bad as the stewards getting out their cleaning supplies from the closest right across the hall way! My ear plugs and ...a lil trick I dont know if anyone knows about......I open the closet door and the bathroom door at night and it seems to muffle alot of hall noise.

Kath

The thing with the doors is a great idea, thank you! I'll look forward to an update when you return from your trip. Do you know if those are stairs in betwen 8449 and 8445?

Yes, they are crew stairs for crew members to get from one deck to another. You wont be able to use those stairs nor will you get noise from them either.

Both cabins are insulated against the noise

Okay Ahha.....If you hear...IN 9 DAYS.... some crazy lady yelling AHHHAAA!!!....you will know its me.

SERENE!!...You are always soooo helpful here....I really appriciate your imput on everything!

Blessings....oh and BTW...lived in West Chester for 10 years....have a cheesesteak on me, eh?

Blessings....oh and BTW...lived in West Chester for 10 years....have a cheesesteak on me, eh?

If you don mind waiting until the end of September-- Im dieting for our Aruba trip and cheesesteaks are a no-no. But as soon as I am back--the first one is for you

Okay Ahha.....If you hear...IN 9 DAYS.... some crazy lady yelling AHHHAAA!!!....you will know its me.

SERENE!!...You are always soooo helpful here....I really appriciate your imput on everything!

I'll be listening in seven days and praying you have fair winds and following seas!

Can't wait to hear your review of the cabin and your trip!

Ahha....think of anything you want me to check out for you. I leave on Sunday and will be happy to answer anything you want me to.

Blessings,

Kathie

Oh, thank you! I feel like Pooh Bear "think, think, think"... Okay, how about we start a short list of questions that we leave open until Saturday? Or when do you leave for Galveston?

Here goes:

* Is Sur Mer open the same hours as the Cezanne?

* Is smoking still allowed in Albert's? (I had tea there and it was a bit stuffy with the lingering smells from earlier smoking.)

* Can you hear staff going up and down the stairs next to your cabin?

* Is the big screen really showing CNN all the time and so loud you can't enjoy peaceful time anywhere on deck or walking the track?

That might just be it. I can't wait to hear about your trip! I bet you are even more excited to get on board.

Keep that thinking cap on !!!!

I am taking laptop along so if everything works okay you maybe hearing from me during the week...???

5 days and YES IM EXCITED....but I may be more excited about being alone w/ dd since we are leaving our 3 boys at home. Rut Roe....there goes my mother of the year award......I am almost sure Alfreds is still smoking since it is a "cigar bar"....but will double check.

Keep that thinking cap on !!!!

I am taking laptop along so if everything works okay you maybe hearing from me during the week...???

5 days and YES IM EXCITED....but I may be more excited about being alone w/ dd since we are leaving our 3 boys at home. Rut Roe....there goes my mother of the year award......I am almost sure Alfreds is still smoking since it is a "cigar bar"....but will double check.

Laptop? Laptop? That's created another question. How is the internet speed using your laptop as compared to using the computers near Alfred's Bar? It's been two years but I recall it was painfully slow to open and send email from one of those computers.

During Tea time smoking should not be allowed.

Yes, but the lingering odor did take away from refinement of an afternoon tea. Not that I'm all that stuffy or refined. I kind of like the smell of a cigar but I thought this was more like cigarette smoke. Do you know if cigarettes are allowed in Alfred's outside of tea time?

AHAAAA.....WONDERFUL room....wow...lots of space. Probably about 6' from foot of bed to desk....if that makes sense to you. And so far....this is monday night...no noise...a bit of vibration but that is it. I would def go with this cabin again.

More when I get home...yes, tea is still in Alfreds...afaI know sur mer is open till 330 but will double check onthat.....see ya landlubber!!!

AHAAAA.....WONDERFUL room....wow...lots of space. Probably about 6' from foot of bed to desk....if that makes sense to you. And so far....this is monday night...no noise...a bit of vibration but that is it. I would def go with this cabin again.

More when I get home...yes, tea is still in Alfreds...afaI know sur mer is open till 330 but will double check onthat.....see ya landlubber!!!

So glad to hear you are happy with the room, for you and for me! Tomorrow you are in Jamaica. I'm excited for you and jealous at the same time. Praying you have great weather and a fabulous cruise!

Archived