Dominica Excursion

jbarboza4

We leave Sunday on the Dawn! We are just looking to relax and get to some local beaches when we dock, but I don't read much about Dominica's beaches except that they are black sand. I have read about the Dominica Favorites excursion which brings you to Trafalgar Falls and Emerald Pool. Has anyone done this particular excursion and would you recommend it? How much actual walking/hiking is involved? We are all in decent shape, but none of us are real athletes:rolleyes: . I would appreciate any suggestions and/or input.

FYI - there is actually a Dominica board here and this thread will probably be moved there.

I highly recommend the tour that includes the botanical gardens and especially Titou Gorge. It does not look like much until you swim up inside, but it is magnificent.

This is the most beautiful island I have seen in the caribbean. I am not aware of any beaches to see, but the rainforests are incredible. On my last cruise I hiked to the boiling lake, but had to plan this in advance. Cruise lines probably won't offer that hike.

There is lots of geothermal activity, so if you have never seen boiling springs or fuming vents, this can be the place to do so.

Also, be sure and get some of the locally brewed beer- it's great! You may even be able to get a six-pack on board (I did). There is a grocery store in Roseau a couple blocks from the dock (to the left.)

We bought local beer at every stop and brought it aboard. Also. I recommend Champagne Reef for snorkeling. I took the ship cruise and it was excellent. Hard to get to from the beach as it is rocky. By boat it was easy and not to be forgotten!

Denise

FYI - there is actually a Dominica board here and this thread will probably be moved there.
Yes, I'm going to move this to that board. That's a specific board for that port and you can usually get the best information on those specific ports of call boards.

Archived