Flaam Train- Book through Ship or On Own?

Rbel4

Thank you to both of you.

Our ship docks at 9am and I see there are 0 and 2 tickets left for the 9:45 & 11:00am. Hopefully there are some tickets left when we get there. Apparently we are the only ship in that day.

Should we spend time at the top or just come right back down? Thank you.

Earlier on this thread, I shared a little about some of the sights and options to see and enjoy inside the hotel and nearby. It's not what I would a call something needing hours and hours. BUT, if your weather is decent to great, time spent here at the top can be good to offer a nice variety of sights, etc. Below are some of my added visuals that I have not previously posted on this thread.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 91,673 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Here are some additional views and highlights from the Flam train ride and while walking around the trail areas surrounding the Vatnahalsen Hotel at the top area. Lots of nearby mountains, woods, etc. In the first picture, you can see a sampling for how a switchback road goes up a mountain. In the third picture down, you can see at the lower right side one of the train tunnels going through the mountain. Did I mention there were many different waterfalls to see?:

FlamWaterfallSwitchbacks.jpg

FlamLakeMtnWaterfall.jpg

FlamValleyTunnelMtns.jpg

FlamFarmWaterfallMtn.jpg

Hi, just to say I'm going to Flam for the first time this April and a friend at work who's been said to book with the ship because the people who didn't missed out. I'm going to do that for my peace of mind :)

Personally, I was considering trying to save a few dollars, book it independently, etc. BUT, my wife and the spouse of the other couple traveling with us, wisely said AND DECIDED, it was well worth the "peace of mind" to have it handled and purchased through the cruise ship. There was a cost difference, but not have any risks of getting shut-out, arriving at a later time, etc., weighed in favor of doing it this way.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 91,790 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Archived