What's the weather like when you cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale in late Feb. (stops in Key west, Cozum

Ocruise

Hi all. I have a question, I have'nt been to Florida during the winter in over a deckade, what's the weather like when you cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale around Feb 20th?
We are thinking of taking RCCL's Jewel of the Sea that week. It goes to Cayman, Costa Maya, Key West & Cozumel. Will it be warm enough to swim in the ocean then?
Will Key West be cold during that time?
I ask this because all our cruises have been in the summer months.
It seems like it will be nice to cruise in Feb. We are from NY & it will be freezing, what a nice change of weather, (I hope +)!
~ Marina

The weather here in Ft Lauderdale that time of the year is generally cool...We do have a few cold spells where the temp goes into the low 40's but that is not the norm. expect highs in the upper 60's to low 70's. Key West is generally 5 degrees warmer. As far as the ocean goes, if you think low 70's is warm then have fun, most of us here wait a little longer before going in the water. Oh forgot.. nightime lows usually are mid to low 50's but breezy...

We have sailed out of FLL and Port Canaveral 3 times on that same week (it is NH school vacation week). Trust me it is definetely warmer than the Northeast! About 70 degrees +/- with sunny skies. Not really beach weather, but great for a quick dip in a pool or a great ride on the Intercoastal Waterway, a nice walk on FLL beach, etc. Bring a light windbreaker if you are out after sunset. Next cruise that time of year will be Western Caribben for us, too like you are considering. The Eastern Caribbean ports are just too cool and showers still roll through.
Bon Voyage

Celebrity Millennium 2/22/04
Carnival Conquest 10/26/2003
Carnival Legend 4/11/2003
Carnival Pride 2/23/2002
Celebrity Galaxy 11/2001
Grand Princess 3/2001
Celebrity Millennium 9/9/2000
Sea Princess 2/22/1999
Vison of the Seas 10/28/1998
Rhapsody of the Seas 3/1998
Celebrity Century 3/1997
Celebrity Zenith 11/1996
Legend of the Seas 6/1995
Celebrity Horizon 4/1994

We too, sail that time of year all the time---their weather is perfect!!! We just love it there!

Enjoy!

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

We have flown out of Atlanta to Ft Lauderdale for three previous cruises, all in January. Twice it was 18 to 20 degrees in Atlanta and they were deicing the wings before we flew out at 7:00 a.m. When we arrived in Ft Lauderdale we had to change into shorts and short sleeves since it was so humid.

Yanceycruiser

Dreamward 1/95
Norway 1/97
Grandeur of the Seas 1/99
Grand Princess 2/01
Carnival Pride 2/03

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;08;22;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

Until the Infinity on
August 22, 2004

hate to disagree with Yancey, but our winters are not humid,,come in the summer and you will know what humid really is,,,,weather in Feb. generally cool(can have occasional warm days), but sailing into the caribbean that time of year is great!!!

Florida is iffy in February but the weather and water will be beautiful on the cruise. Definitely better to do a Western Caribbean than Eastern Caribbean in the Winter if you want warmer water. However, water will not be 86F like you are used to in the summer.

Archived