Bottle shop Barcelona cruise terminal

Does anyone know if there is somewhere to buy a couple of bottles of wine in the cruise terminal building in Barcelone before embarkation. We are flying in so don't want to carry it around with us. Thanks

Between check-in-counters and elevator to the bridge there are shops where you also can buy wine.

2009-MSC-FTS-02119.jpg

But as Barcelona has more than one I can only speak for Terminal B at Mol Adossat.

Regards,

HeinBloed

the last time we were there(June) the shop told us they would take it off us as we board but we took it out of their bag and put it into our own carry on bag and no one said anything.

Varies from line to line.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Thanks HeinBloed for the photo and info.

I am also interested in any response to the Mighty Quinn's question as, if we are not embarking at Mol Adossat, presumably it will be at Port Vell.

Which ship are you???

Check here first:

http://www.apb.es/wps/portal/!ut/p/c1/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os_hgz2DDIFNLYwMLfzcDAyNjQy9vLwNTV38LM_1wkA6zeH_nIEcnJ0NHAwNfUxegCh8XA2-nUCMDdzOIvAEO4Gig7-eRn5uqH5yap1-QnZ3m6KioCAAQoHV6/dl2/d1/L2dJQSEvUUt3QS9ZQnB3LzZfU0lTMVI1OTMwOE9GMDAyMzFKS0owNUVPODY!/?WCM_GLOBAL_CONTEXT=/wps/wcm/connect/ExtranetAnglesLib/El%20Port%20de%20Barcelona/informacio/Consulta+de+vaixells

NOMBRE DEL BUQUE = Ship's name.

Check the result for MUELLE ASIGNADO.

That's your berth no.

Then check against map:

http://www.apb.es/wps/wcm/connect/ef85b58049290c5da76cbf73eb65d2bd/ca.planol.q.100.4992x1498.jpg?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=ef85b58049290c5da76cbf73eb65d2bd

01A-E = Mol Adossat (Terminals A to D)

18A-C = World Trade Center

20D/21A = Port Nou

15B = Mare Magnum

and

17A-B = Drassenes which can be Port Vell if the other cruiser is talking about this terminal.

But this terminal is only for small ships and only in use if all other terminals are already taken.

Before you ask for all fascilities check first where your ship berthes.

Regards,

HeinBloed

HeinBloed - I haven't checked your link but when speaking to RCCL in UK today about another matter I asked where the ship would dock. They told me it would be Adossat so that answers my question. We will be on Azamara Journey. Thanks for your help.

HeinBloed - I haven't checked your link but when speaking to RCCL in UK today about another matter I asked where the ship would dock. They told me it would be Adossat so that answers my question. We will be on Azamara Journey. Thanks for your help.

I would not count too much to the information of RCI-Call Center Agent.

The RCI-Ships all call Mol Adossat (mostly Terminal B)...

but AZAMARA... have a look:

2008NCLJade10162AzamaraQuest-vi.jpg

That's AZAMARA QUEST at 18A World Trade Center... and not Mol Adossat.

I would check the link and see for which berth she is advised...

Regards

HeinBloed

Check here first:

http://www.apb.es/wps/portal/!ut/p

NOMBRE DEL BUQUE = Ship's name.

Check the result for MUELLE ASIGNADO.

That's your berth no.

HeinBloed, yet again you deliver the best info!

We're sailing on Regatta ex-Barcelona & the usual dock is WTC. But a quick check of your link (thanks for the translation) shows that for our particular sailing, Regatta will use Adossat. Not as convenient, but at least I know for sure I can get wine! Thanks again.

Heinblod, is it normal for the ship's berth assignment to change? I checked a few months ago and used your information you posted then and we were in Mol Adossat, now it shows in World Trade Center 18C. This is actually where we want to be, as we will book at the hotel there if that is where we are embarking. But if it changes, then I'd hate to be booked into an inconvenient hotel.

As always thanks for your excellent information.

Heinblod, is it normal for the ship's berth assignment to change? I checked a few months ago and used your information you posted then and we were in Mol Adossat, now it shows in World Trade Center 18C. This is actually where we want to be, as we will book at the hotel there if that is where we are embarking. But if it changes, then I'd hate to be booked into an inconvenient hotel.

As always thanks for your excellent information.

In the WTC there is a hotel: Grand Marina Eurostar Hotel...

But there is no need to change your hotel booking: because there is no closer hotel to Mol Adossat. Any hotel you booked is now closer to WTC but Grand Marina Eurostar Hotel.

So do not change your hotel arrangements.

Regards,

HeinBloed

• 2 weeks later...
thanks for the picture and the information; this is in the terminal? So, I could shop before I board? this is nice.

Absolutely - after check-in counters and before bridge... but long after security... so you can buy without hassle to show it to security again for screening.

Subject you are leaving from Mol Adossat Terminal.

Regards,

HeinBloed

• 3 weeks later...

01A-E = Mol Adossat (Terminals A to D)

18A-C = World Trade Center

20D/21A = Port Nou

15B = Mare Magnum

Our ship's berth number is 01E but I see on the map this is between Mol Adossat Terminal A & B. Does anyone know which terminal it will be?

Also, can the taxi take us to the terminal directly or must we take the blue bus?

Our ship's berth number is 01E but I see on the map this is between Mol Adossat Terminal A & B. Does anyone know which terminal it will be?

Also, can the taxi take us to the terminal directly or must we take the blue bus?

The distance between Terminal A and B is maybe 100-150 yards...

The taxi will drop you off at the Terminal.

Regards,

HeinBloed

One more question Heinbold , can't we see the ship from the taxi ,once in port and tell him to drop us there:confused: ,does it work this way???

If your ship berthes all Mol Adossat the situation looks like this:

2008-NCL-Jade-10184-MSCOrchestra.jpg

So you and your taxi will come down to the left alongside the street...

You and your taxi driver will miss the ships if you keep your eyes to the left to see the open sea...

MSC ORCHESTRA is at Terminal A which is the 1st Terminal...

The last Terminal is at the rear Terminal D.

RCI / NCL mostly use around Terminal B

Carnival-Companies like HAL, Princess or Costa mostly use Terminal D

MSC we always saw on Terminal A.

Just keep your eyes open...

On the bridge to the berth you can see already your ships...

2008-NCL-Jade-10183-MSCOrchestra.jpg

And if your ship it's not here: it could be in a range of 5 minutes with a taxi:

like on the other side of the bridge at the World Trade Center:

2008-NCL-Jade-10166-AzamaraQuest.jpg

or in the inner bay like here:

2008-NCLJade-40104-GrdPCL-Pacific.jpg

But the best would be to follow these instructions from July 6, 11.50 hrs if you scroll to this posting:

There you find how to find out the berth of your ship.

But you will make it as thousands of other cruisers as well.

As long as you find the bridge to Mol Adossat you can see most ship berthes from one place.

Regards,

HeinBloed

• 3 weeks later...

Heinbold,i just read your answer and i am worried now,this is our first sea cruise ,i will be on MSC FANTASIA in 3 days:eek:,please if u can tell me where will it be so i will tell the taxi,i didn t get my tickets yet to check them,thank you so much .

Heinbold,i just read your answer and i am worried now,this is our first sea cruise ,i will be on MSC FANTASIA in 3 days:eek:,please if u can tell me where will it be so i will tell the taxi,i didn t get my tickets yet to check them,thank you so much .

She is reported for berth 1E:

http://www.apb.es/wps/wcm/connect/1a5b228049290ccda8b8b873eb65d2bd/ca.planol.q.100.4992x1498.jpg?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=1a5b228049290ccda8b8b873eb65d2bd

And we berthed at Terminal B.

So tell the taxi driver:

Moll Adossat Terminal B

2009-MSC-FTS-02113.jpg

So sit on the right side of your taxi. And once you make the right turn from the bridge and the ramp downhills: you see Terminal A which is empty on this picture and at Terminal B you will see MSC FANTASIA where I made this picture from...

Hope you do not have hail and snow like we had we were in Barcelona...

Have fun on MSC FANTASIA...

Regards,

HeinBloed

As it is your first ocean cruise: have you seen my blog to prepare yourself for MSC FANTASIA???

http://heinbloed-musica.blogspot.com/2009/01/tag-11-auf-der-msc-fantasia-genua-day.html

Archived