where's the rest of the folks on my river cruise?

usavvy2

do folks post to the roll call forum for river cruises?

Not sure if there's just so few folks taking river cruises (~70 cabins on my Avalon ship) that there aren't many threads for roll calls in the roll call forum or if there's a better place (web site) to look for fellow pax for a river cruise (including if it's not on these boards). Any insight is appreciated!!

Yes, agree with Paul.

However, if you put up a roll call on this board or under 'Other Cruise Lines' with the usual details, it will be found by Google and you may just snag some other cruisers that way. Might be worth a try.

Cheers,

Moira :)

Go to Roll-Calls forum.

Then to "All other cruise lines roll calls"

Then do a search for your cruise... as minimal as possilble.

For example, don't put a date or too much information about the cruise in the search.. just put "Viking" if you are going on a Viking cruise. Then look through the search results for your cruise. If you can not find it, start a thread.

I have been on small ships before that had very active roll-calls. Others were essentially empty. You never know.

Hi Usavvy2

Not sure if we are on the same River Cruise. We (my husband and me) are booked on the Avalon Tapestry starting with 2 nights in Budapest from 25 Sep and ending in Prague on 7 Oct.

If we are on the same cruise, maybe we can discuss on what to do and looking forward to meeting you in Budapest.

Sandy

do folks post to the roll call forum for river cruises?

Not sure if there's just so few folks taking river cruises (~70 cabins on my Avalon ship) that there aren't many threads for roll calls in the roll call forum or if there's a better place (web site) to look for fellow pax for a river cruise (including if it's not on these boards). Any insight is appreciated!!

we have the same issue! unlike ocean cruising folks don't seem to respond to river roll calls! it a shame actually! roll calls are a great way to pre-meet fellow passenger! good luck.

Dean

we have the same issue! unlike ocean cruising folks don't seem to respond to river roll calls! it a shame actually! roll calls are a great way to pre-meet fellow passenger! good luck.

Dean

While I do agree, I'm not surprised. It's so easy to meet people on a river cruise . . . "freestyle" meals, no small tables and not many places to hide.

Hi Usavvy2

Not sure if we are on the same River Cruise. We (my husband and me) are booked on the Avalon Tapestry starting with 2 nights in Budapest from 25 Sep and ending in Prague on 7 Oct.

If we are on the same cruise, maybe we can discuss on what to do and looking forward to meeting you in Budapest.

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

yes that's the one! Great! did you see a roll call anywhere (besides the one I initiated recently)? link to roll call

Archived