Just Back-Pride 6/26 sailing

Jakeplays

I know I searched these boards for answers so here I am.........just returned from the 6/26 out of Baltimore...Grand Turk/HMC/Freeport....please feel free to ask me any ?s........we had a great time...it was our first..four kids 8-16......

Grand Turk? If you mean at Margaritaville, I did not see anybody in them but there was no real need for them...plenty of lounge chairs around and was a short stop...I think we had to be back by 2:30.........Grand Turk was just OK..beach is pretty but floor of ocean there is very hard to walk on comfortably(water shoes would help here)...very hot....the pool was a refreshing spot tp spend the few hours

We drove from CT and arrived about 12:00. We boarded at 1:45. We went straight to excursions desk to book cabana at HMC............there were about 40 people in line for 15 cabanas.........if you want a cabana, get to the port before noon and sit it out.....if you don;t care about cabana....arrive after 2:30 and walk right on ship!

We had early.....thought it was perfect....because we had kids they could go off for after dinner activities...enjoyed having the same wait staff every evening......do go to David's Supper....make reservations.......so worth the 30.00 we even took all 4 kids up there the last night.....what a treat and we sat on the port side and watched the sunset during dinner.

Try Capt Tony and The Sand Dollar tour.Its not affilliated with Carnival but its very good.2 snorkel spots and well worth the $$.We did this cruise on 6/6 and we snorkeled at Grand Turk,HMC and Freeport and my family liked Capt.Tony's the best.

We had cabana #11...I thought it was perfect....it was down from all the activity. If you want to be where the games and cruise directors are go for low numbers....8 and higher are at the quiet end. 9-11 near bathrooms......short walk for lunch.

Kids were boys 8 and 16 and girls 12 and 14. My 8 year old had fun but because he was literally 8 and 11 months not 9, he could not sign himself in and out of the camp carnival...they allowes him to go to the ge 9-11 camp but couldn't come and go as he wanted. so that was a bit of a pain. My girls 12 and 14 did some activities and my oldest tried the older clun 15-17 but said they were all "partnered" off day one and never went back. he preferred doing to adult comedy and the paino bar with us....yes, they all had fun...from all the reviews I thought they would enjoy the camp carnival activites more than they actually did.......but they had fun just doing family stuff too!

Do you recall any of the kids activities your son did that he liked? My eight year old will also be 8 years and 11 months and we aren't sure whether or not to ask that he be moved to the 9-11 age group. Some ideas of the activities would help us decide. Thanks!

We left at 6:30 and stopped a few times for coffee an breakfast. We arrived at the port at 11:45....leaving between 6 and 6:30 will get you thru NYC before rush hour and you will have plenty of time...took between 4 1/2 and 5 hours.

I would have him move up..the other group is 6-8 unless he is on the shy side. Mine is a big 8 who often plays with 10 year olds. I really don't think many of the activities thrilled him, he was there more to hang out with the other kids..he never seemed to "love" the games and cards....he spent more time playing air hockey in the arcade.

yes, we did pull off the surprise....we came out of the Balt tunnela and the ship was sitting there........we had some rain in Freeport and just did the shops off the ship and had a drink at a bar right there......we heard the beach was beautiful but those who went there came back due to rain.....

Archived