Oil Prices drop

Locally we have seen the pump prices drop about 12 cents or more in the past week.

That was after going up 20 cents the week before.

Go figure.:confused:

Prices and false values are all over the place, aren't they?

Yesterday, Bloomberg TV Channel was repeatedly covering the oil price manipulation thing

that now seems to be out in the open, at last.

A refreshing breath of air in the greedy world of commodities market traders, don't you think?

I personally appreciatd the comment from the Washington DC politician

pointing out that, in a time of much supply and reduced demand

it was more than passing strange that Oil was still trending upwards

and that something must be done

about taking the excessive profiteering out of this market :cool:

And aren't we glad now that Carnival didn't jump all over the Fuel Surcharge thing

the very minute crude reached $70 a barrel..? :)

As it turned out, CCL was right to wait awhile...perhaps sensing that this reverse trend downwards was coming.

Maybe they knew more than the cruising public did

about the oil traders manipulating things upwards for their personal benefit?

Prices and false values are all over the place, aren't they?

Yesterday, Bloomberg TV Channel was repeatedly covering the oil price manipulation thing

that now seems to be out in the open, at last.

A refreshing breath of air in the greedy world of commodities market traders, don't you think?

I personally appreciatd the comment from the Washington DC politician

pointing out that, in a time of much supply and reduced demand

it was more than passing strange that Oil was still trending upwards

and that something must be done

about taking the excessive profiteering out of this market :cool:

And aren't we glad now that Carnival didn't jump all over the Fuel Surcharge thing

the very minute crude reached $70 a barrel..? :)

As it turned out, CCL was right to wait awhile...perhaps sensing that this reverse trend downwards was coming.

Maybe they knew more than the cruising public did

about the oil traders manipulating things upwards for their personal benefit?

Well said... Our prices at the pump went up here at the same time the price of crude was dropping:confused:. I think they could have waited as well...lets hop they adjust it down as quickly.:mad:

Locally we have seen the pump prices drop about 12 cents or more in the past week. That was after going up 20 cents the week before. Go figure.:confused:

Would like to see that happen here. Oil has dropped almost 20 dollars a barrell in the last few weeks, price of gas hasnt dropped a penny!

While paying $9 a day for my upcoming cruise won't HURT me ($72 total), If I was paying for a family of four that would be almost an extra $300. Now that can mess with a families budget as they are paying for everything times four. No I won't worry about it but I would rather choose where I spend my extra $9 a day.

While paying $9 a day for my upcoming cruise won't HURT me ($72 total), If I was paying for a family of four that would be almost an extra $300. Now that can mess with a families budget as they are paying for everything times four. No I won't worry about it but I would rather choose where I spend my extra $9 a day.

Amen! That's my situation. I'll take every penny I can save.

Couldn't agree more. We are a family of 5 sailing later this month.

$2.45 here in Ga. today.....

As for the FS... not necessarily will it start at $9 per day p/p...... it may start at $5 per day p/p and then move up as oil prices move up.....it's anyones guess ;)

Hopefully we will not find out anytime soon and they don't have to re implement the FS :D

Our prices at the pump went up here at the same time the price of crude was dropping:confused:.

I think they could have waited as well...

lets hope they adjust it down as quickly. ===> When the next batch comes in, yes.

Here on the island,Keith

we suffer(benefit?) from a lag effect in the price of gasoline.

Government adjusts the price at the island pumps

according to what that last batch of product costs us, per tanker-load.

It takes about 1-2 months for islanders to work thru that stock of product, thus the lag effect.

Thus it is entirely possible for us(on the island)

to have lowered gas price announced on Island TV

while simultaneously seeing crude prices jump up on the NYMEX

- because of the lag time involved in the last buying-price of finished product working its way thru to us.

We are a family of 3 and I would rather keep my money too, to spend on the ship and not on gas for the ship. :p

This morning gas is $2.20, although I just filled up on Wed for $2.29. I am glad it is headed down.

Here on the island,Keith

we suffer(benefit?) from a lag effect in the price of gasoline.

Government adjusts the price at the island pumps

according to what that last batch of product costs us, per tanker-load.

It takes about 1-2 months for islanders to work thru that stock of product, thus the lag effect.

Thus it is entirely possible for us(on the island)

to have lowered gas price announced on Island TV

while simultaneously seeing crude prices jump up on the NYMEX

- because of the lag time involved in the last buying-price of finished product working its way thru to us.

Point taken

Get me on a ship , hell I'll pay , the pumps get me every week , and at least I

l'll be on a ship doing something fun and relaxing , not using it to drive to work or to spend more money somewhere else .

2.57 in northern Utah. We seem to lag behind, gas prices increasing and decreasing well after the oil prices change. They do seem to increase faster than they decrease, though.

I can live without the oil surcharges, but they won't stop me from crusing. Now a serious increase in the price of the DOD, that's another matter.

I hope many of the oil traders guessed the wrong way and got crushed as the prices finally came down. I know we need them for "stability" in the market, but when they all get greedy it hurts us all. Kind of like the banks and mortgage brokers with all the fancy mortgage products that anyone qualified for but no one could understand...look where that got us.

Archived