Multiple portions in specialty/fee venues?

Prnsessmoi

I tried posting this in the "Foodies" section, but thought I would try here also.

We are looking at the NCL Pearl for Alaska in 2011. Just doing research now. But I'm wondering, if we choose to eat at one of the specialty restaurants, and choose to order from the (higher) fee part of the menu, would one person be able to order 2 different entree's (like you can at the MDR)? Or would we have to pay the additional amount for EACH entree? For instance at the steakhouse, if we pay the $25pp surcharge, and want to pay the extra (I think it's) $10 for the "additional charge" lobster, could the same person also get the "additional charge" king crab? Or would it be $10 additional charge for each item? :o

I tried posting this in the "Foodies" section, but thought I would try here also.

We are looking at the NCL Pearl for Alaska in 2011. Just doing research now. But I'm wondering, if we choose to eat at one of the specialty restaurants, and choose to order from the (higher) fee part of the menu, would one person be able to order 2 different entree's (like you can at the MDR)? Or would we have to pay the additional amount for EACH entree? For instance at the steakhouse, if we pay the $25pp surcharge, and want to pay the extra (I think it's) $10 for the "additional charge" lobster, could the same person also get the "additional charge" king crab? Or would it be $10 additional charge for each item? :o

Since you're talking about the "special" items with an additional charge above the regular surcharge, it would be per item. If you want the additional charge lobster and another additional charge item, you will probably be charged $10 per item because these are not included in the basic surcharge. I seem to remember about four items on the "extra surcharge" list. Someone at a table next to us wanted all of them--including the enormous Porterhouse steak!--and was angry to hear that it wasn't "$10 extra for as many of the listed items as you want," but "$10 extra for each specialty item." I know for sure that people coul,d not order two lobsters for only one $10 extra charge because we heard several people try to do that; they were told "Sorry, but no." Now, it's possible that you might have a server who would be willing to give you both the lobster and the crab for only one $10 charge, but the way cruise lines are cutting back these days, you definitely should be prepared to pay per extra item.

beachchick

Archived