swine flu is it over?

spyslick1

For now you are fine, cruise lines have been sailing back to Mexico for about a month now and no signs of the swine flu. I would have to say there is more right here in the north east than in Mexico. My son's school had a few cases, and my nephews almost closed due to how many were there, and we are a long way from Mexico, and even fairly far from NY where another cluster was.

A year from now, it is anybody's guess on what will happen. Could be swine, or something new we haven't even heard of yet. Why worry about that now, plan your trip and go with the flow. We booked our Mexican Riviera cruise before anyone had heard of swine and stuck with it, we are now less than 5 weeks away and very happy we did. Very much looking forward to visiting Mexico.

Just noticed you are in NY, definitely no worries you have more there than they do in Mexico!

There was never any swine flu in the area. In fact Cabo remains one of the few places on the entire planet that has not even had 1 case. So anyone that catches it while on a cruise will most likely catch it from another traveler. Almost every city in the US has 100's or more cases. I would not worry about the port cities, I would worry about the other people who will be on the ship with you.

At the moment there are more patients in the USA then in Mexico.

So better watch your fellow passengers....

At the Mexican Riviera there have been hardly any, some places even none cases of flu.

Canada and the United States have many more cases of the H1N1 Virus than Mexico does... in fact, right now, it is not an issue anywhere in Mexico. It is pretty much across the world, so who knows what next flu season will be like but you will be more likely to catch swine flu/H1N1 at home, than here in Mexico.

My husband's co-worker's wife here in Victoria had the swine flu (we had quite a few cases), one of my best friends (lives in Sidney AUS, they have had alot of cases) has it right now, I don't know anyone in PV that has it.

Here in Puerto Vallarta, we cannot use "I have the swine flu" to call in sick to work because everyone here (bosses included) KNOW we do not have it and if we did, we would be a Mexican Media Sensation. ;)

A friend of a friend used that excuse in May to her husband because she did not want to go back home (he was in Canada, she was on a girls trip) he bought it, was all concerned and then the day before she went home, he found out we did not have any confirmed cases of it....and she told him the whole town was sick! Opps! I am not sure if they are still happily married...:p

Archived