Copenhagen Marriott quick tips.

1) Book via Priceline for the best deal.

2) Assuming you bag a great rate via Priceline, upgrade on check-in to an Executive Level room. This will get you free Continental breakfasts, free wireless Internet access, access to the Corporate lounge where afternoon tea and evening hors d'oeuvres are served, and free mini-bar privileges. Upgrade cost is DDK395 (or about $80), so you could be well taken care of for under $200 a night.

3) Free morning coffee is served in the lobby until 8am.

4) There is a free-use computer in the lobby for OLCI and for printing airline boarding passes. Otherwise, I think I recall computer time in the business center starting at DDK50 (~$10) for 15 minutes.

5) There is a limited supply of free morning newspapers available just inside the entrance to the restaurant.

6) If you plan on taking a canal cruise with DFDS, there is a special departure from the hotel @ 9:30am. It's DDK20 (~$4) more than booking directly with DFDS, but will save you having to trek over to Nyhavn (the normal starting point).

7) There are always a ton of taxis outside the hotel, most of which seemed to be station wagons. Under most circumstances, I don't feel it's necessary to pre-book a taxi going from there to anyplace unless you have special needs (like something bigger).

It's worthwhile, because there is precious little else in the immediate area at ANY price, at least not without going back to the area around Tivoli (there is a nice little patisserie in the Tourist Information office) or crossing the water to the area around the University.

I also just heard that there are free public Internet stations inside the "Black Diamond" library building, just a few minutes walk from the hotel. Second floor, IIRC.

Coincidentally, also by the "Black Diamond" is my favorite part of the Movia public transit system - the water bus going to Nyhavn, The Opera, Holmen Nord, and Nordre Toldbod.

2) Assuming you bag a great rate via Priceline, upgrade on check-in to an Executive Level room. This will get you free Continental breakfasts, free wireless Internet access, access to the Corporate lounge where afternoon tea and evening hors d'oeuvres are served, and free mini-bar privileges. Upgrade cost is DDK395 (or about $80), so you could be well taken care of for under $200 a night.

Was there any problem upgrading?

Were you able to check in early or at least check your baggage?

Lyn

Good luck trying to book through Priceline. I've been booking unsuccessfully for a few months.

What dates are you looking at?

Maybe there is something going on in the city.

I see on BB several hits for about $100. + taxes

What dates are you looking at?

Maybe there is something going on in the city.

I see on BB several hits for about $100. + taxes

September 2nd, a day before our departure. Priceline keep suggesting to increase a bid or lower a star rating. I went as high as $170 for 4-star.

September 2nd, a day before our departure. Priceline keep suggesting to increase a bid or lower a star rating. I went as high as $170 for 4-star.

Maybe it is too early for the good deals

check to what others are getting

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showforum=177&

from what I have been reading $170 is way to high to bid

Just keep trying I guess

Lyn

3) Free morning coffee is served in the lobby until 8am.

4) There is a free-use computer in the lobby for OLCI and for printing airline boarding passes. Otherwise, I think I recall computer time in the business center starting at DDK50 (~$10) for 15 minutes.

5) There is a limited supply of free morning newspapers available just inside the entrance to the restaurant.

6) If you plan on taking a canal cruise with DFDS, there is a special departure from the hotel @ 9:30am. It's DDK20 (~$4) more than booking directly with DFDS, but will save you having to trek over to Nyhavn (the normal starting point).

7) There are always a ton of taxis outside the hotel, most of which seemed to be station wagons. Under most circumstances, I don't feel it's necessary to pre-book a taxi going from there to anyplace unless you have special needs (like something bigger).

What's included in the continental breakfast at the hotel? What are the choices at the shop in the tourist office and the average cost? Thanks!

Was there any problem upgrading?

Were you able to check in early or at least check your baggage?

Lyn

Upgrading was a suggestion made by the clerk upon check-in, so no problem whatsoever.

Yes, I had emailed ahead requesting early check-in, and was told it would be possible if the room was available (which it was). It was suggested to me online someplace (perhaps even here) that you definitely need to advise the hotel in advance if you'd like early arrival. If, for some reason, you can't get into the room early, they do have a large and secure storage room.

What's included in the continental breakfast at the hotel? What are the choices at the shop in the tourist office and the average cost? Thanks!

The usual stuff - Vienna Cakes, croissants, other breads, deli meats, cheeses, fruit, cereals, juices, coffee and tea. Hmmm...can't think of anything else right off the top of my head.

The tourist office had pastries, cakes, coffee, soft-drinks, etc.... I didn't really check it out all that thoroughly, but I recall the pastries were maybe DDK40, something like that.

Upgrading was a suggestion made by the clerk upon check-in, so no problem whatsoever.

Yes, I had emailed ahead requesting early check-in, and was told it would be possible if the room was available (which it was). It was suggested to me online someplace (perhaps even here) that you definitely need to advise the hotel in advance if you'd like early arrival. If, for some reason, you can't get into the room early, they do have a large and secure storage room.

Thanks

Hope we will be lucky next year & get the Marriott through PL:D

Lyn

The usual stuff - Vienna Cakes, croissants, other breads, deli meats, cheeses, fruit, cereals, juices, coffee and tea. Hmmm...can't think of anything else right off the top of my head.

The tourist office had pastries, cakes, coffee, soft-drinks, etc.... I didn't really check it out all that thoroughly, but I recall the pastries were maybe DDK40, something like that.

The Marriott has free coffee and tea in the lounge during the morning hours. We carried croissants, muffins, and breakfast cereal bars from home, and that along with the tea/coffee made for a good breakfast. Otherwise, you can walk to the main train station (about a 10-minute walk) and there are plenty of fast food type shops in there. We found danish etc. there for about 10 DKK (about $2) per piece. There is also a McDonald's in the train station.

There is a large bowl of free apples and oranges in the Marriott basement gym/spa area, where we never saw anyone early in the morning during our stay.

If you forgot to bring something with you on your trip, the big Fisketorvet shopping mall (which also has a large movie theater and restaurants) has it all. It's a 10-15 minute walk from the Marriott (make a right turn leaving it). There was a store there that was the equivalent of a Super WalMart where (because my luggage arrived in Copenhagen 2 days after I did) I found jeans for the equivalent of $10 (along with cheap underwear and socks) and a nice polo shirt at the H&M store for the equivalent of $20.

I agree with Bigwally that the pastries at the shop at the right of the TI across the street from Tivoli were quite good, as was the coffee. Just don't gag at the prices.

As for a place to eat, skip the Marriott. Eat breakfast as stated above at the train station. For lunch or dinner, if you want to go somewhere near the hotel, with the Copenhagen Card, Tivoli entrance is free as many times as you want during the 24 or 72 hour card period. There are numerous restaurants and fast food stands there that range from cheap and filling to expensive and gourmet. One cheap one on the outside of Tivoli is the Wagamama noodle house--make a right turn walking from the Marriott when you reach Tivoli. An expensive one on the outside is Nimb, which is across from the train station--we had a fantastic Sunday brunch there for which reservations (you can make them online) will likely be needed. We also ate at a very good, reasonably priced BBQ (yes, BBQ) buffet inside Tivoli with a bountiful salad bar. There are also numerous restaurants scattered around outside of Tivoli that are easily walkable from the hotel.

If you're heading towards the Nyhavn area past the Black Diamond library, there is a bus stop in front of the hotel. Buses to almost everywhere else in town leave from in front of the train station or the side nearest the Marriott.

Les

Also, if you find yourself in the TI office (or other places in close proximity) with your laptop, netbook, etc... I'm told you can glom onto the nearby Hard Rock Cafe's Wi-Fi with the passphrase "rockstarsonly".

If you're heading towards the Nyhavn area past the Black Diamond library, there is a bus stop in front of the hotel. Buses to almost everywhere else in town leave from in front of the train station or the side nearest the Marriott.

Les

Les,

The bus stop directly in front of the hotel is only serviced by the 66 bus, which ducks over the Knipplesbro bridge after just a couple of stops, travels Christianshavn, and terminates on Holmen, so not a real option to anyone wanting to end up at Nyhavn (at least without changing).

You could change though. Examples: leave the bus at the Black Diamond and take the 901 waterbus, or stay on the 66 until the end of the line and take either the 903 Operaen shuttle boat or the 901 water bus from Holmen Nord.

What was the best way to get to the Marriott hotel from airport?

I was thinking about taking the subway from Terminal 3 to Central Station and then walk to the hotel. Is this doable? How about a taxi from Central Station to the hotel? How feasible is this?

In addition:

The concierge says that they provide a transfer to the port for DKK75 on the day of embarkation. How much is a taxi to the port from hotel?

Thank you!

What was the best way to get to the Marriott hotel from airport?

I was thinking about taking the subway from Terminal 3 to Central Station and then walk to the hotel. Is this doable? How about a taxi from Central Station to the hotel? How feasible is this?

In addition:

The concierge says that they provide a transfer to the port for DKK75 on the day of embarkation. How much is a taxi to the port from hotel?

Thank you!

We took at taxi (about $40 US) from the airport to the Marriott in June this year.

As I recall, the total distance from the Central Station to the Marriott is perhaps 4 "long" blocks or so - not a bad walk if your luggage is easily rolled. I guess you could get a taxi from Central Station to the Marriott, but ...

The cost of a taxi from the Marriott to your port depends on which Copenhagen port you're talking about. In our case, our taxi from the Marriott to Frihavnen for about $30 US or 160 DKK (for 3 adults and luggage). If you're embarking at Langelinie, the taxi would be less. Full information about our stay at the Marriott and time in Copenhagen is in our trip report at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1016107

Sam

In addition:

Thank you!

But that would be DDK 75pp, right?

Our Taxi in the other direction (Frihavn to the Marriott) was DDK 170. So fairly well in line with KnoxvilleSam paid. Between the two you should have a pretty good indication of what you should expect to pay.

Hello to KNOXVILLE SAM.....GO VOLS!!!!!!

We are going to book a 7:50AM flight out of Copenhagen next May. Does any one know if the Marriott would arrange a taxi? It would need to be at about 5AM.

I really don't want to pay the high dollars to stay at the airport Hilton. I also want to stay in Copenhagen.

Is everything pretty much walkable from the Marriott?

I'm sure the hotel would get you a taxi.

The hotel is (IMO) far enough away from the 'tourist hubub' to be comfortable, but not too far. Tivoli, the Rahuspladsen, and Christiansborg are quite walkable. Anything else you need to get to, can be easily reached by public transport options available within a block or two from the hotel.

Bid on Priceline for 5/12/10 for 3 nights. Got the Marriott for $101/night ($133/night including taxes and insurance).

I called the hotel to confirm that taxis are available for early AM flights. I was assured that there would not be a problem.

I also asked regarding upgrading to the executive level. Again, the answer was yes, but the cost would be 550 K/night ($105/night). We will probably upgrade for 2 nights (I was told we could do that) and not the last night. We will probably go to Tivoli that last night and we certainly will leave before breakfast.

Thanks Big Wally for this info....

I also asked regarding upgrading to the executive level. Again, the answer was yes, but the cost would be 550 K/night ($105/night).

Wonder if the rate is going up for next year? If it were me, I would probably do this when I got there. Perhaps the upgrade rate will be lower when offered on arrival.

Yes, we plan on waiting until check in to upgrade. When I called the hotel, they quoted me the price of 550 K but they did not know the date of our stay.

I figured we had a better chance of a more reasonable price if we waited to check in.

Thank you again for the info....

What is their email address?

Thanks

Archived