Glory 7/11 - NIGHTMARE - My Review

jas1178

I never said your points disputed the OP's, or that you are not empathetic. Perhaps I was not clear enough and I apologize...what I was trying to say was that this whole discussion of adapting to temperature, setting of house temperatures, and who likes to sleep at what temp tends to move the topic sideways and instead of folks perhaps providing greater insight to his situation or even sharing their experiences of dealing with hot staterooms and the cruiselines - which would benefit us all. I guess I must be dense but am I supposed to understand: with attempting acute temperature changes circles it back around to relevance to the OP's point.

I have said enough and caused enough controversy which was not my goal - my apologies to you all. I will read the posts with interest on this thread - but will say no more lest the temperature gets too hot! :)

Sorry you missed it, fredman. I was merely empathizing with OP's and his wife's situation in that hot room. In case you were not aware (doesn't sound like you were), these boards are for everything from advice, to personal experiences, to empathy for a poster, even if the person hasn't experienced THAT actual event on a cruise. I have (knock wood) never had a hot room, but I absolutely get and feel his frustration and his wife's inability to cope with the situation. If you had added "MY EXPERIENCE with attempting acute tempurature changes..." you'd have (hopefully) seen the empathy factor in what OP was sharing.

Hope that clears it up for you! And further helps explain the many uses of the boards :D Not every post is meant to help everyone....some are merely to show support or understanding to the person who started the thread. No "advice" is necessary in those cases.

Ya know guys, OP just told us what was happening on his cruise. Why pick it apart so much. :confused:

Why? Because they don't agree and can't understand how a couple and a 3-year-old can't sleep in an 80-degree cabin which they paid good money for. And he has the NERVE to try to get it fixed. Because there are people on this thread who keep their house's temperature set to 85 and they're comfortable, whereas the majority on this thread (and I've been reading since the beginning so I've been through every reply...and yes I need a life) like it anywhere from 68-72. You know, "room temperature."

Therefore the OP must be WRONG.

Why? Because they don't agree and can't understand how a couple and a 3-year-old can't sleep in an 80-degree cabin which they paid good money for. And he has the NERVE to try to get it fixed. Because there are people on this thread who keep their house's temperature set to 85 and they're comfortable, whereas the majority on this thread (and I've been reading since the beginning so I've been through every reply...and yes I need a life) like it anywhere from 68-72. You know, "room temperature."

I'm thinkin we are in agreement. :D

Exactly!!!! Having a pissing match over if 78 degrees is cold or hot is simply........well.... just stupid:rolleyes:

If it is hot enough where one cannot sleep........then it is too hot PERIOD!!!

LOL! I would have taken our pillows down and laid in front of the pursers desk;)

OP you have waaay more patience then I........

absolutely.. .move over!

Sleep Over Party in the Atrium! (including the wide awake 3 yr old!)

Now you're on the trolley! ;)

Sweating like a pig, tossing and turning all night, not getting any sleep because of it and having to go to the purser's desk multiple times a day every day...is.

Especially when you are PAYING for the discomfort.

Ours is about $350 in June, $420 for July and August and $390 in September.

Every penny worth it to allow me to sleep well and not be cranky during the day.

OK, now that I have some perspective, I will not freak out so bad with a $150 summer electric bill, LOL!

Regarding the highlighted part, I wouldn't have stopped trying to get this situation remedied, either -- until it was remedied the vacation would have been severely damaged, so it would be worth standing in line to try to fix. I think the trying to fix it part was a consequence of the "nightmare," not the nightmare itself.

I'm a "go with the flow" person but on a cruise I can think of two situations where "grin and bear it" is never going to be acceptable to me -- one would be plumbing reversals/sewage contamination in the cabin (any cabin), and the other would be broken air conditioning, especially in an inside or OV cabin.

I wouldn't be able to "make lemonade" in that scenario, because I'd be short on sleep, cranky, and basically spending the entire cruise dreading having to step into my cabin. :( I love naps on sea days -- nope, that would be out. Whether the shower was tepid or not, you (well, okay *I*) would be sweaty when I stepped in and immediately get all sweaty when stepping out and while dressing -- yuk! Instead of walking out the door fresh and ready for a new day or a fun evening, I'd look and feel like something the cat hocked up. :eek:

I so agree with everything you said. I don't want to go on a vacation where I spend my time wishing I was HOME. My DH loves his cruise naps. He so looks forward to them. We can tolerate a poor steward, poor dining attendants, even less than good food. Just give us a cabin where we can sleep and relax.

I am fairly new to cruising as I am booked on my first cruise in October.

But I read these posts to hear everyone's experiences and hopefully learn from them. I never knew that there was a standard cabin temp.

I know everyone has their own opinions but would hope if I had a problem I could come on here and be able to share it without being criticized.

I am sorry you and your family had a problem like this, I know personally it would have been a major problem for me, as I am on medicine(due to cancer) that makes heat intolerable for me. I can only imagine what it was like with a small one.

Before I get judged I know it will be hot on the islands but expect to be able to come back to the ship and cool off in the comfort of our cabin.

With that being said I hope everyone, myself included has a wonderful cruise with the temps in our cabins to meet our individual needs.

I justed wanted to thank everyone for allowing me to share my experience - and to an extent vent. I have written a letter to Carnival's Miami address and really hope that they will make things right. I am saddened to see others have also had issues on this ship, but it re-inforces that this wasn't a new problem.

I am incredibly humbled that my little review received 270 some replys and more than 17,000 views.

Whether you shared my perspective or held a different one, thank you for the dialog. I hate how CC has become a place where people are instantly flamed because they don't share the views of everyone.

I just wanted to say thanks to the community before this thread drifted to the archives. Keep an eye out, if Carnival comes through...you guys will be the first to know.

So let me see if I understand this correctly... As a realative "newbie" with only a few cruises under her belt.

I would say a great majority of the time when someone embarks on their cruise this board wishes them well, a safe and happy vacation and reminds them to make sure they post a review... but then...

when this OP does so, very eloquently in my oppinion, was he only supposed to share the good stuff.. This was their experience, for them. Regardless of wheter we all think their comfort level was too hot or to cold, to them it was not enjoyable and this poster has taken the time to thoughtfully and positively explain what they experienced.

We all pay our hard earned money for our vacations.. We work every day and make ends meet, so that once a year we can take a vacation. They laid their money down just like everyone else and I too would be disappointed if it was not as expected... they did not stage a protest, or take a hostage, they followed the chain of command and are trying to work it out.. I wish them my sincierest best wishes in that pursuit..

It's sad to me that I have gotten so much helpfull information from this board and so many great people have shared that information. I just don'g get why this poster was attacked because of the title he chose? sorry if I offend anyone at all, I just felt bad for the OP ..

I justed wanted to thank everyone for allowing me to share my experience - and to an extent vent. I have written a letter to Carnival's Miami address and really hope that they will make things right. I am saddened to see others have also had issues on this ship, but it re-inforces that this wasn't a new problem.

I am incredibly humbled that my little review received 270 some replys and more than 17,000 views.

Whether you shared my perspective or held a different one, thank you for the dialog. I hate how CC has become a place where people are instantly flamed because they don't share the views of everyone.

I just wanted to say thanks to the community before this thread drifted to the archives. Keep an eye out, if Carnival comes through...you guys will be the first to know.

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience. I have learned if this happens to me I will need to step out of character and be loud and vocal. I will sleep in the lounge, at the purser's desk, wherever it is cool. I won't care if they need to give me the captain's cabin.. I will not trust it will be done tomorrow or soon.

You have been incredibly patient and I hope Carnival realizes you are a customer they need to keep.

Archived