I'm so Confused!

snowshh

Perhaps the ship docks in Colon or one of the other ports along the way?

You might want to check the RCCL board here for folks who have taken this cruise in previous years. Better chance of finding a few of them on that board than on this board.

Good luck!

I took a shore excursion when on Sun Princess. A boat met the ship in Gatun lake and took us to see several islands, then returned to shore near the locks. We saw our ship going through the locks from a viewing station. As I watched my ship (and wife) sail into the Caribbean I, too, wondered how we will meet up again. A bus took us from the locks to San Cristobal, where we made our rendevous.

If you are going through the canal on a full transit I would definitely NOT get off the ship.. it's an amazing experience to go through all the locks, the narrative (at least on Princess) was fascinating and it's very scenic. Seeing the Bridge of America come into view at dusk was stunning.. If we did another full transit I "might" consider a tour along the canal but still not sure I'd do it. Just my opinion!

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back and it was an amazing experience. If you are not taking a tour booked through the cruise line you cannot get off the ship in Gantun Lake you have to wait til it docks which for us was Colon. We opted for a tour of the Locks and Eco cruise which I would only rate a 5 out of 10. My son and his wife did the Embera Indian Village and raved about it. After seeing the town of Colon I would not have tried to go anywhere on my own.

Archived