Case of Water?

unionville3

We are sailing on Glory from Port Canaveral in November. On Disney and Princess, we wrapped a case of water with packing tape (so the bottles wouldn't fall out) and slapped a luggage tag on top and it was delivered to our room. I know that the water on board is "drinkable", we prefer bottled water. Is this going to be possible on Carnival or should I plan to pack it in my checked luggage?

in luggage along with 4 bottle of booze and a couple pkgs of those mixed / assorted chips and please dont dont forget the steam iron.. when the water is gone you can fill it up with cartons of cigs..

but hey thats just me

last cruise we put a case in a duffel type bag on wheels and checked it with our other luggage. At end of cruise, we had an empty bag to put all the stuff we had bought into. Highly recommend this route-worked great!

pat

You do realize that ships water is made the same way most good bottled water is, reverse osmosis, don't you. That means you will be carting water that is heavy and aukward when you don't have to.

People have been taking baloney sandwiches to banquets for years. No one really knows why.:confused:

We always stop at Wal-Mart and pick up a 36 of water, and a bunch of other stuff. We don't want to carry them in our luggage on the plane... the 50lbs limit and everything.

The water on the ship is fine, but when you go on excursions, or by the pool, it is nice to have bottles water.

We take a back pack, and it always has bottled water, suntan lotion, and those cheap ponchos (in case of rain)...

I take the water out of the packing, and insert them into our checked suitcases for the porters to carry on for us.

I also take a few of the little (airplane size?) bottles of cream liquor (baileys) to mix with the free icecream, ice and coffee.... In a big thermos mug, it is a great drink.

You do realize that ships water is made the same way most good bottled water is, reverse osmosis, don't you. That means you will be carting water that is heavy and aukward when you don't have to.

Taking the tap from the ship with you to the beach is even more awkward.

Taking a glass of water to have it while siting next to the pool is awkward... It might spill, or have things fall into the glass.... a bottle is nice as it has a top, and you can drink it, and transport it easily...

Taking the tap from the ship with you to the beach is even more awkward.

Taking a glass of water to have it while siting next to the pool is awkward... It might spill, or have things fall into the glass.... a bottle is nice as it has a top, and you can drink it, and transport it easily...

Easily solved, we bring a few empty bottles to fill up in the buffet for shore excursions.

I assume you were joking though .... but we do bring some empty water bottles with us, ... dont want the weight.

Water, Beer, booze. I drink them all. But I don't "pack mule" them. The reason I worked and made money was to have it available for my needs and pleasures.

The wallet carries the load, not me.:p

It IS a vacation. Spend a couple of extra bucks and enjoy the vacation a lot more. Flip the 'frugal switch' back on when you get home.:D

Water, Beer, booze. I drink them all. But I don't "pack mule" them. The reason I worked and made money was to have it available for my needs and pleasures.

The wallet carries the load, not me.:p

It IS a vacation. Spend a couple of extra bucks and enjoy the vacation a lot more. Flip the 'frugal switch' back on when you get home.:D

Well I draw the line at $3 bottles of water...

I am sure you draw a line somewhere, everyone does.

Well I draw the line at $3 bottles of water...

I am sure you draw a line somewhere, everyone does.

Not once I commit to the vacation.

And only the big bottles are over $3. and buying bottled water in WallyWorld or in an expensive specialty store is a massive ripoff anyway. They fill the bottles from the tap. IT SAYS SO ON THE LABEL!! Plus your pseudo pure water is now contained in a clear PETROLEUM product. That petroleum product photodegrades in sunlight and outgasses into your 'pure' water. Probably not enough that you are drinking "hi test", probably just "regular." But that Caribbean sun might move it up to "mid grade.":eek::D

And that bottle made from oil, NEVER, EVER, biodegrades.:mad:

You might think I don't drink much bottled water and you'd be right.:p

I spent $20 on a 1L canteen instead. The water ont he ship is better than ANY bottled water that is NOT derived from a artesian spring. Water like Nestle, Dasani, and others is just tap water that has been filtered. The desalinatsation plant makes a water that is so pure and clean that it blows bottled water off the charts!!!!!

I have in the past bought a 1L bottle of Evian/Volvic/Fiji water and filled it up at the water dispenser on Lido. Thus, save some plastic and only toss ONE bottle at the end of the cruise, not 24....

I spent $20 on a 1L canteen instead. The water ont he ship is better than ANY bottled water that is NOT derived from a artesian spring. Water like Nestle, Dasani, and others is just tap water that has been filtered. The desalinatsation plant makes a water that is so pure and clean that it blows bottled water off the charts!!!!!

I have in the past bought a 1L bottle of Evian/Volvic/Fiji water and filled it up at the water dispenser on Lido. Thus, save some plastic and only toss ONE bottle at the end of the cruise, not 24....

Just curious, do you bring something on board to sanitize your 1 L canteen? I can't quite imagine drinking out of the same bottle for a week.

Archived