Just got my NCL Credit Card.....

prg2101

Does anyone else have one of these as there visa or mastercard carrier???

Does it really work for the points that you can acumulate towards a cruise?? I was planning on using my card on our upcoming cruise on the Dawn and wondering if you really get some good points towards a future cruise.....Any info on this subject would be great......:);)

Bank of America is my carrier. The points have really decresed since the buy out by BOA. 1% on all charges. 2% on NCL charges. You can use points in various ways thru world ppoints at BOA. 50,000 points gets you $500.00 off a cruise.:)

Yep.. they really do work and they really do get you rewards off future cruises. Not as good as it once was, mind you. One thing you could do is maybe try to do what we do. We charge all of our monthly expenses to our BoA card that we know we are paying off each month... dining out, gas, any purchases, we pay any bills that allow credit card payments without a fee, etc etc. The points really do add up fast.

I have this card too - I just got it a few months ago, and have been putting every thing I can on it, and paying it off each month.

I know there's a permanent thread about the card, but it's SO confusing, since people have been posting on it for years, and half of the information pertains to the old card.

Can anyone tell me the basic process for redeeming your points? Is there a website? Thanks!

I see that the card is a Mastercard. We've always only used VISA. Has anyone had a problem using a Mastercard (finding places that'll only accept VISA, for example)?

I'm not happy with our VISA card right now...dramatically raised rates (although we keep a balance of $0!) and slapped on an annual fee, so this looks appealing, but I don't want to be caught somewhere and not be able to use the charge card!

I see that the card is a Mastercard. We've always only used VISA. Has anyone had a problem using a Mastercard (finding places that'll only accept VISA, for example)?

I'm not happy with our VISA card right now...dramatically raised rates (although we keep a balance of $0!) and slapped on an annual fee, so this looks appealing, but I don't want to be caught somewhere and not be able to use the charge card!

Actually, I just had that problem with the NCL card. They raised my interest rate by 50% out of the blue. When I didn't pay the card off, I paid at least 20 times the minimum payment and I have a FICO score well above average, so it makes no sense to me. Needless to say, I now primarily use another card with a lower rate. :(

I kept mine even though the perks were reduced at the turn of 2009. I use it a lot less than before but I am still surprised how the points are quickly adding up. I suppose I could cash some in for onboards credit or upgrades, but I will wait for the 50,000 points!

I have never had a problem with the card not being accepted anywhere. Do places still exist where they only accept Visa?

I agree with above poster....NEVER carry over a balance. Ever.

coka

i think the World Points are across different BOA cards. i signed up for the BOA Amex a couple months ago. they have accelerated point accumulation.

but i haven't really studied it that closely since i used it to move a balance i have over onto it.

I am considering applying for the NCL credit card and using it to make my final payment for our October cruise. Can anyone tell me if there is a waiting period to redeem points like you can only do it after a calendar quarter or something to that affect? I would like to redeem the bonus points for the October cruise. Is there a restriction on redeeming the bonus points?

Just trying to determine if it is worth the hassle?

Thank you!

There's a difference?:confused::rolleyes: It's not like beer after all.:cool: We have both. The NCL card is Mastercard. However we have a Ducks Unlimited Mastercard that gives a 5% rebate on all gas purchases so I use that most.

I am considering applying for the NCL credit card and using it to make my final payment for our October cruise. Can anyone tell me if there is a waiting period to redeem points like you can only do it after a calendar quarter or something to that affect? I would like to redeem the bonus points for the October cruise. Is there a restriction on redeeming the bonus points?

Just trying to determine if it is worth the hassle?

Thank you!

I got the card in January. We booked a cruise for $2700 in May the first day they had 4x points. We got about 11,000 points. The fine print said they would credit the points when we completed the cruise, but they showed up in the account within 30 days. I then used the points for OBC for that cruise.

Redeeming the points is very easy if you call 866-954-4077. They handle the transaction over the phone. Have your credit card number and it helps to have your cruise reservation number for OBC or if you know the cruise you want to book. I don't know if you have to book through them or not to get the discount on the cruise or to get the upgrade.

Not to knock the BOA Norwegian Card, but their points are no different from any other card's points. That means you can use a, say Capital One Card, to get the same amount of (points) only you can get cash which you can use anywhere, not just on NCL. I understand we are here as NCL people, but if there is a better bargain out there, you do have the option of using that money anywhere. PLUS, as you get the cash, you can put it in the bank and have any interest accumulate, even if it is a few dollars. It's something you would have to buy on the BOA card to get these points instead.

Archived