Dream~Benefits of booking early?

ChaylaT

Hi,

Just got off first cruise on the Splendor and now we would like to book an Eastern Caribbean trip on the Dream for next July. What are the benefits of booking now? Do they just take a deposit? Should I wait until reviews come in? And my DH wants to try the cove balcony...what are those really? Thanks for your help!!

We knew in March that we wanted to go on the Dream next April, but we waited a month or so to book. In that month, the price per person went up over $50, and the Early Saver rates on the category we wanted were no longer available. We ended up spending $600 more than we would have if we had booked right away. If you know you want to go on the Dream, book it NOW - if you think you may change your mind or need to change the date, just don't book the ES rate, and that way you can cancel without penalty until 70 days before sailing.

one of your biggest advantages is going to be getting the room you want, if you choose to select it.

you'll also lock in a price, for a new ship that is seeing a lot of bookings. this far out, you'll qualify for the early saver rates, if you wish.

i wouldn't wait for the reviews - the ship looks stellar :D

there are going to be plenty of new and unique features on this ship worth the experience in my opinion :)

the cove balconies are one of those new and unique features on the dream. they're on the main deck, as close to the water as you can get! that's one of the big allures of the rooms - being so close... however, take note that these balconies have a metal surround around the balcony opening (not a glass rail like on some the standard balconies). also, being so close to the sea, in rough weather - they can / may seal them. though i don't think this will happen often. they're the most affordable balconies, and i want to try one, myself :cool:

here's an idea of what they look like - note the surround @ the balcony:

covy_balcony.jpg

If you book now you get the cabin you want as well as protecting yourself against increases like the previous poster said. ALSO... if you book Early Saver you get all the reductions too!! But, don't book ES unless you know for sure you can go that date because you will lose your deposit if you cancel or move.

I always book our cruises way out. I pay my deposit and then make payments instead of putting it on the credit card. This way DH doesn't stress over how much I am spending... lol. By the time we leave for our cruise, everything is paid for which is a wonderful feeling!!

Hi,

Just got off first cruise on the Splendor and now we would like to book an Eastern Caribbean trip on the Dream for next July. What are the benefits of booking now? Do they just take a deposit? Should I wait until reviews come in? And my DH wants to try the cove balcony...what are those really? Thanks for your help!!

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO ChaylaT: The benefits of booking now are: 1) getting the kind of accomadations you want, 2) getting an early saver discount, 3) knowing you are getting what you want as opposed to waiting and maybe not getting the accomadations you want.

You could wait until reviews come in. I have been on two cruises on new ships and they weren't good cruises. It is really up to you on wether you go on this ship or go on another ship, assuming you want to take a cruise.

Cove balcony- a balcony really close to the water line.

I would go ahead and book. I booked our Dream Cruise 4 weeks ago and it has already gone up 110 dollars per person. So if I would have waited I have have paid 220 more. I think the price of this ship is just going to keep rising and if it doesn't you will get the benefit of calling to reduce the rate if you keep a close eye on the price.

To echo those comments...

Since I booked 7/10 Dream... our category (11) has gone up $50 pp... cat 8E has gone up $190 pp ... Cat 8C has gone up $200 pp...

etc. etc.

(that's without Early saver... I don't want all the rules...)

We booked the cove balcony back in May for next May and the price has gone up 100 pp. Glad I booked early. We did the early saver because we knew thats what we wanted and when we wanted to go. Good luck on your decision. Happy sailing.

Hi,

Chayla, states she just got off of the Splendor, our first cruise will be on the Splendor and we were also thinking of booking a Dream cruise 6/10. My question is... these are two newer ships, are we setting our selves up for future disapointments by starting with larger/newer ships? Its hard on the West coast because we don't have as many 3/4 day trips to try ships out.

Booked my Cove Balcony 6 weeks ago on Early Saver @ $1049.00pp During the Main Spring Break week. The Current Early Saver Cove Price is now $1,239.00:eek: ! The "FUN SELECT" Price is now $1,169.00 :cool:! So because the Early Saver is selling so well, The Fun Select is cheaper then the Early Saver and that is a first as I have NEVER seen that before.. Good luck with your choice..:)

Archived