Safes on the Monarch

Hap

We are sailing on the Monarch in August and we chose an inside cabin. We usually choose ocean view but the price was to good to pass up. Do the inside cabins on the Monarch have a safe? If not what do you do with your valuables?

Thanks in advance for the information.

I believe only SO rooms and higher have safes. Our deck 8 room did not have one.

We didn't worry too much about valuables, since it was a short cruise neither of us were carrying too much cash. We usually had our camera and ipods with us. If for some reason we didn't, we would just put them out of sight in a drawer or in the closet.

I'd be surprised if they don't have safes...I had one in an interior Majesty cabin. (Key pad, not swipe.)

I guess if you don't have a safe you can put your stuff in your suitcase and either lock the suitcase or just stick it under your bed.

Personally I've never had an issue nor felt a steward would steal something. My sister had her laptop sitting in our cabin the whole cruise. Then again I DID put my costume jewelry (never take the good stuff), cash and passport in the safe, so I guess I'm contradicting myself! :)

We had a safe on the Monarch in a JS. But we never used it. I had cash stashed away in the portfolio I used to carry our travel documents and passports.

We put our iPhones in the drawer and we carried our camera with us.

We had no issues what-so ever. . .

My parents cabin inside deck 5 did NOT have a safe. Neither did my sisters inside. I have only stayed in JS's on the Monarch and they always had safes. The do have free safety deposit boxes at the pursers desk. I know that is a pain but if your concerned it's a safety net.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I asked the exact same question about three weeks ago. I was on the Monarch last week (july 13 - 17), on deck 3. Indeed, I found out there were no safes in ANY stateroom until you reached Deck 9, sigh.

At first I was worried, but eventually I put stuff in my suitcase, slid it under the bed. Not too inventive, but nothing was disturbed ever. And my daughter had a bad habit of not shutting the stateroom door tightly, so I often returned to find it slightly ajar. Nice, huh?

Anyway, the best advice I got from this forum when I posted the question was to "put your stuff somewhere low to the ground---no one likes to bend over!!!!"

Been on Monarch insides twice (deck 6 and 3) and can confirm no safes. We used the safety deposit boxes on the first trip and on the second we were too slow b/c when we inquired they said they were full. So we just stored it somewhere super secret ("it" being passports and $$) and it worked out ok.

Archived