The Book ( What Time Is The Midnight Buffet)

pma29223

author is chesterh; I think there is a website by the author too.

It's ok; more like a very long cruise review. Would be good for first time cruiser who doesn't know how things work on a cruise.

I got a deal on amazon.com. Would be willing to trade for the permanent passenger book if anyone's interested in a swap. Or I may just leave it on an upcoming cruise for someone else to read.

chesterh is a cruise critic member and poster. His stories were originally posted here on cruise critic. You can find him on the members list and read his posts/stories here on cc. There are also stories on his website (chesterh.com).

Even though it is a great book for someone who has never been on a cruie, I found it a quick read that brought back many memories of past cruises and I felt like I was on the cruise with the author. Sort of like a little "mind getaway".

I, too got it bundled in with another selection on Amazon.com, but would probably have bought it on its own.

granny :cool:

It was just OK. But for some reason Cruise Confidential is just not working for me. I have started to read it at least 3 times and I just keep putting it down. I have been on the third chapter forever.

It was just OK. But for some reason Cruise Confidential is just not working for me. I have started to read it at least 3 times and I just keep putting it down. I have been on the third chapter forever.

Same here. I finally gave it to our young assistant waiter who really wanted to read it. I couldn't get past first 4 chapters. I also had the Midnight Buffet one. It was more like a short story than a book but I did enjoy it. I now have the one about a year on a cruise ship and another one whose title eludes me. Both are more like a long story rather than a book.

author is chesterh; I think there is a website by the author too.

It's ok; more like a very long cruise review. Would be good for first time cruiser who doesn't know how things work on a cruise.

I got a deal on amazon.com. Would be willing to trade for the permanent passenger book if anyone's interested in a swap. Or I may just leave it on an upcoming cruise for someone else to read.

I know I bought Permanent Passenger so I will look to see if I still have it. If I do, I would be willing to swap.

• 2 weeks later...

I have red all three books--Cruise Confidential, Midnight Buffet, and Permanent Passenger.

I loved Cruise Confidetial--really hits home as to what they have to do while working on a ship.

Midnight Buffet-Enjoyable, but for most people if they wrote it form the perpective of an average balcony cabin and not a luxury suite, it would have worked better.

Past Passenger--I enjoyed it, but it lacked a lot of detail and it is very thin in places. Oddly enough "Gary" the CD of the Ecstasy (when you look at the picture) looks very, very, very, familiar.....

If Anything, I would read Cruise Confidential again.

I also have read What time is the Midnight Buffet, and just finished Cruise Confidential today. I thought Midnight Buffet was well written, but most people aren't going to be in a luxury suite with a butler attending to your every whim.

It took me a while to get into Confidential, but overall liked the book. It really does give you a deeper appreciation of the staff . You wonder how they are pleasant and bubbly, , if the working conditions are anything like they are portrayed in the book.

Archived