carrying wine, soda, water & smoking

seaboat

My BF just booked a trip on the Eurodam for us two for Oct... :D This will be our 1st on HAL. We am very excited about our upcoming trip.

I was wondering if Eurodam will allow us to bring on board a few bottles of water, ginger ale (for my sea sickness lol) and a couple bottle of wine.

I know Eurodam allows smoking in the rooms. We are both non-smokers and due to allegies would be bother to have a room that smells like smoke. Could this be possible or does the crew do a good job in clearing the air in the rooms??? ;)

:) Thx

Welcome to CC, Seaboat...

You are free to bring on as much wine, water, and soda as you wish. If you take your wine to the dining room, you'll be charged a corkage fee. No cost to consume in your cabin.

No worries about the smell of smoke. The stewards do a great job of cleaning the rooms, and we've never detected a hint of smoke in the cabins. If you happen to have a balcony, you may catch a whiff of smoke if any of your neighbors smokes outside. We also noticed the couple of times we we've had a cabin on the very back of the ship, that cigarette odors tend to linger in the hallways in this area.

You'll love the Eurodam - enjoy!

HAL allows you to bring all the wine, champagne, water, and soda that you care to. There's an $18 per bottle corkage fee to bring the wine and champagne to the dining room, or a lounge, but otherwise, there are no restrictions.

Smoking is currently allowed in cabins. They are cleaned pretty well between cruises. If there is an odor in your cabin, ask the steward to bring in a machine that will clean that further.

Am I understanding correctly that you can bring your own wine to enjoy in your cabin without it being confiscated or being charged a corkage fee? I didn't think we could do that (but I'd like to have a little sip before dinner). ;)

Am I understanding correctly that you can bring your own wine to enjoy in your cabin without it being confiscated or being charged a corkage fee? I didn't think we could do that (but I'd like to have a little sip before dinner). ;)

Yes. You can bring wine aboard. If you drink it in your cabin, no corkage fee. If you drink it in dining room, a corkage fee of $18.

From the HAL website (Shipboard Life/Onboard policies):

Bringing Alcoholic Beverages Onboard

Except for wine and champagne, alcoholic beverages purchased in the vessel's shops or otherwise brought on the ship cannot be consumed on the ship. Bottles and other containers will be collected for safekeeping and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the voyage.

A corkage fee of US$18.00 applies to wine and champagne brought to the restaurants or bars for consumption.

Room Service offers reduced-price stateroom beverage packages for in-stateroom consumption of alcoholic beverages

Fellow cruisers,

We do not have a veranda or balcony, so I think we will be fine with the blowing smoke. It sounds like HAL takes good care of the cabins. :D I am so looking forward to cruising in a new and stylish cruise. Thk you guys for anzwering my question.

Archived