Internet charges

Emtbsam

I have a netbook as well, and look forward to using aboard the Shadow in September

On our recent cruise I took my Netbook.

VERY expensive and SLOWand UNRELIABLE. In fact, in my view a complete waste of time, but I do appreciate some passengers need access to the internet.

In future my Netbook stays at home.

On our recent cruise I took my Netbook.

VERY expensive and SLOWand UNRELIABLE. In fact, in my view a complete waste of time, but I do appreciate some passengers need access to the internet.

In future my Netbook stays at home.

I use my netbook primarily to download, organize and label my photos and to listen to itunes music while I am on a cruise. I did use the internet a little on our September trip on the Shadow.

If it is any consolation, from what I have heard and read on the CC boards , ALL the ships have slow internet and at least Silversea is a LOT less expensive than Oceania (for example) It was $80 for 100 minutes on our holiday sailing on Oceania Insignia vs 250 minutes for $85 on Silversea.

I use my netbook primarily to download, organize and label my photos and to listen to itunes music while I am on a cruise. I did use the internet a little on our September trip on the Shadow.

If it is any consolation, from what I have heard and read on the CC boards , ALL the ships have slow internet and at least Silversea is a LOT less expensive than Oceania (for example) It was $80 for 100 minutes on our holiday sailing on Oceania Insignia vs 250 minutes for $85 on Silversea.

Agree with ChicagoGal on using the laptop for photos, music, composing your e-mail message . . . before you log on and do your mail/postings. It worked well for us on Seabourn in the Med in 2006 and on Crystal in the Baltics in 2008. It's not that fast at sea, but if you "manage" your access, it can be more time efficient. I would guess the Silversea speed is about what we had on the other two cruises. Not great, but OK, for these limited use.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

I have no problem paying for internet time while on the ship, just like I don't mind paying for my AT&T mobile phone while on the ship (what, because its "all inclusive," the ship should pay my AT&T bill while on board?).

Some people take this "all inclusive" thing to ridiculous lengths.

Archived