Laundromat in San Juan

YeaYeaYea

I'm sure there are...

...but color me confused -

Why would you schlep your clothing off the ship and spend a day in a laundromat when you could be enjoying the sights of a beautiful island - even if you've been there before?

i was thinking maybe they were spending a night there between two cruises or something, but then, wouldn't the hotel have a washer and dryer? we have stayed in san juan at least three times in the Condado section, there is at least one laundromat on ashford avenue. very good "native" food in this area too!

Beverly

Because I don't want wet bathing suits in my cabin for days and my teenagers need to work off their cruise fee I paid for them and we are in port till 10pm so I thought they could go throw in some wash after dinner and then I would not have to pack as much stuff. Maybe if Vista class ships had coin machines as an important amenity for the paying customers then I would not have to bother with it. I am not giving my clothes to anyone to wash, I have heard bad stories about stuff getting damaged or mixed up. Instead of dogging me like I am a loser for wanting to wash my clothes maybe you should only reply if you have useful information like the locale of the laundromat. I thought these boards were to share useful information not unwanted opinions of a condecending nature to insult others.

Bethaniesmom makes a good point. Hotels have laundromats, I am sure there is a nice one near the ship that we can go to to use the beach and pool and why not bring along the wash in the rolling suitcase to kill 2 birds with one stone. Or we can go with plan B and go buy a couple of 40's of beer and go to the local laundromat to wash and discuss the pros and cons of statehood with some colorful locals, maybe pick up a sack.

Sorry for all the responses -- but with both hotels and the ships laundry available why would you want to find a laundromat. I've cruised when it wasn't a luxury cruise -- but an important occaison -- and managed either to pack enough or pay for on board laundry -- maybe you should check the costs?????

Hotels with self serve laundries? :confused: I truthfully have never seen one.

Perhaps some motels might but have you really seen coin laundries in hotels?

We have been to San Juan many times both on ships and resort vacations and I don't recall ever noticing a coin laundramat in Old San Juan. We've walked those streets lots of times and I think I would have noticed that but perhaps not.

I'm quite certain I would never cruise again if I knew I had to go to a laundromat! If HAL lost any of my clothes during dry cleaning or laundering, I would be reimbursed and could buy new ones. What a deal!:D

Archived