Msc

cruisethree

We are looking at the MSC Magnifica for eastern Med next April. But I do not see reviews for family cruising on the MSC line. Our dd will be 5 and loves the kids' club.

Any reviews on MSC kid travel? Also, is it all Europeans on those cruises, if family?

Hi--we just sailed the MSC Orchestra to the Caribbean. Review is in my signature. The Kids Club was just OK. Since this was their first season in the US, they were still adjusting to the US market. If you sail in the Med, then you can expect 90% of the kids in the club to be non-US.

Also--you might want to double check the Magnifica sail dates. We got bumped from our April 2010 sailing because the ship completion sate has been delayed.

CeleBrat

read the reviews section: they are troubling. I understand that the ships are full of Italians and their extended families and kids. It probably depends on the sailing but I would read because the thing that put me off was the poor manners of the guests.

Also, MSC in Europe does not provide any free beverages at dinner other than coffee. One couple traveling with children reported they got a water package for free, but it only covered two people. In the buffet area, there were not juice machines available, and if you asked for juice, you got on very small glass. EM

Archived