Transfers from Fort Lauderdale Airport to Port of Miami

how many in your party? Cruiselines offer transfers from FLL to Mia on the same day as the cruise. You can opt to take a taxi - expensive. Or do a ride (I think I read it was $17.00 but its only one way- I have not confirmed this either) We did a limo for $33.00 pp round trip using http://www.larryslimo.com

Hi Serene,

Thanks for your response. There are two of us travelling on Voyager of the Seas on January 8th. RCCL said O/W transfers were available at $20 each per person but they had to be booked by my "travel agent." It seemed kind of funny that RCCL could not book this directly. Well, my "travel agent" is an internet auction sight that apparently doesn't do this sort of stuff. Any insight is appreciated! Thank you.

If you want to buy tickets at the pier there will be agents selling tickets for the shuttel. For 20 bucks I guess its not too bad to take the shuttle from fll. Are you flying int he same day as the cruise? What time does your flight arrive?

Check prices into the limo company and ask for a town car to see how much round trip is. if its 80 bucks or lower take the town car. You will arrive at the port with just the two of you...and its soo much nicer to arrive that way then enmasse with 80 other people along with all their luggage.

I wish you luck there. Please remember us when you get back and tell me how you made out. I fly out the day before..so I have somewhat of a lead incase of a problem. But the flight is at night...so we'll see.

Thanks again, Serene. Northwest is our airline of choice, but they only have connecting flights from LGA to FLL or MIA. In addition, USAir was offering roundtrips at $120. If we miss our cruise, however, it will be a very expensive bargain!

I just talked to my travel agent who booked my RCCL cruise. She said you can buy your own transfers for $20 pp one-way at the airport between the hours of 10:30 and 2 pm. You have to go to terminal 1, 2, or 3 to do it. Hope that helps! You can buy your tranfers for after the cruise on board the ship.

Jan

Thanks, Jan. I'm glad transfers can be booked on board the ship for the return to Fort Lauderdale. If you want to save $3 person, I learned that Florida limos has a $17 rate from the Fort Lauderdale airport to the Port of Miami, but they have no return service. No reservations are required and they have booths outside baggage claim.

Bill

• 6 months later...
how many in your party? Cruiselines offer transfers from FLL to Mia on the same day as the cruise. You can opt to take a taxi - expensive. Or do a ride (I think I read it was $17.00 but its only one way- I have not confirmed this either) We did a limo for $33.00 pp round trip using www.larryslimo.com[/quote]

i just talked to larry's and they quoted me 55 from the FLL airport to a hotel nere the peir and 70 from the peir to FLL..d'oh...anyone else have a better deal?

i just talked to larry's and they quoted me 55 from the FLL airport to a hotel nere the peir and 70 from the peir to FLL..d'oh...anyone else have a better deal?

125.00 for a round trip is not a bad price round trip. We paid 200 round trip with the same company. but we got a stretch limo. How many are in your party? The cruise lines shuttle will cost you about 50.00 one way for 2 people. check out abc limo also.

• 2 weeks later...

camp- there are lots of reports using that tri-rail. You will need a lot of patience.

You get off your flight and take a cab to the train station--carrying all your cruise luggage. Chech the schedules to see howlong your wait will be for the next train. They do not run all the time--especially on weekends.

Once you get to MIA you will need to get a taxi to take to your destination.

Here is one such posting with about 13 replies

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=211546

I cruised out of Miami in April. Flew into FLL. Used Ambassador Limousine, they were FABULOUS! 75.00 one way and that included a tip! You can't beat that. We booked the sedan for 3 of us and got a stretch limo both ways.

Hope that helps.

• 10 years later...