New deals after paid in full?

SJChaput

I booked my honeymoon without early saver and paid the final amount at the end of June... For the Legend.

Now for my cruise they are giving free upgrades... For the same price as I am paying, trying to book the same cabin I would be automatically bumped up from my 8E normal mid-ship balcony room to an 8G aft view extended balcony. (How are the aft view extended balconies?)

Considering I already paid in full can I still contact them to take advantage of the promotion?

I'm gonna bump myself.

I am a little miffed... They are offering free upgrades from ANY catagory to a 8G at no additional cost...

If they truly are better rooms I am upset that I paid more and got less because I chose to buy earlier.

I could be saving $100

I will call and complain if it will do anything... What do you think?

Is an aft view extended balcony better than a midship balcony?

That is the advantage to booking early saver. Prices usually lower closer to sailing time when they aren't filled as much as they expected. But with ES, you take the risk of needing to cancel or reschedule and hurt your pocketbook directly. Don't know what to tell you but I think you are SOL

I booked my honeymoon without early saver and paid the final amount at the end of June... For the Legend.

Now for my cruise they are giving free upgrades... For the same price as I am paying, trying to book the same cabin I would be automatically bumped up from my 8E normal mid-ship balcony room to an 8G aft view extended balcony. (How are the aft view extended balconies?)

Considering I already paid in full can I still contact them to take advantage of the promotion?

As you know, whe you book other than ES you cannot get price adjustments after final Payment; but you CAN get upgrades - call whoever you booked with, ASAP. ken

I'm gonna bump myself.

I am a little miffed... They are offering free upgrades from ANY catagory to a 8G at no additional cost...

If they truly are better rooms I am upset that I paid more and got less because I chose to buy earlier.

I could be saving $100

No need to be miffed. When you bought it you thought it was a good deal or you probably would not have made purchase. Carnival doesn't do OBC on diff anymore either. I think you have to buy with Early Saver to keep getting discounts now.

Ok I will call about the better cabin...

But is an 8G aft-view extended balcony actually better than a mid-ship normal balcony?

We had Aft on Sensation and thought it was pretty nice. Your balcony IS listed as 60 SQ FT as opposed to the normal 40 sq ft. I felt we noticed added vibration when entering and exiting port, but not enough to complain about. I'd be happy. ken

So the aft-view will look right out into the back of the ship?

Will people be able to look down and see me on my balcony?

Is there a breeze on that part of the ship?

Trying to know if it is worth making the change, if the aft view is actually better...

Yes you should be entitled to the upgrade. (notice that if you are within penalty you will not get a price reduction, but you will get the upgrade.) I took advantage of the exact same thing on the Legend after paying in full. Call the 800# or your TA. It is not a big deal at all.

Ok I will call about the better cabin...

But is an 8G aft-view extended balcony actually better than a mid-ship normal balcony?

Not in my opinion but a lot of people swear by them.

I am in cabin 7220 on the Verandah deck 8E... On the booking form it says 8E is extended but I can't find any evidence to support that anywhere.

7220 is a standard balcony, and is in a great location.

Archived