Flip Flops in "dinning" room  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Flip Flops in "dinning" room

• Yes, any flip flop is OK
    • Yes, only designer or expensive flops
    • Who cares what people wear
    • No, flip flops belong on the beach
    • Maitre D should deny entry to anyone wearing flip flops

I was curious how many think flip flops should be worn in "dinning" room on Elegant night. What type should or shouldn't be allowed. I dont care one way or the other, but lots of CC posters seem too. Thought poll would be fun, nothing else. Feel free to post pictures too! :D

I have a pair of extremely dressy flip flop type sandals that I bought at a bridal shop for my daughters outdoor wedding...... they have rhinestones and are gold and not rubbery... I will absolutely be wearing them in the dining room on any given night in February..... these are not normal beach flip flops ..... would never wear these at the beach....

Good heavens no!

Put all the rhinestones, fake jewels, call them "fancy" till the cows come home, they are still a shoe with no back on them that make noise when you walk and are therefore casual. Any other night, cool, but come on, let's not see "how far we can push it".

Good heavens no!

Put all the rhinestones, fake jewels, call them "fancy" till the cows come home, they are still a shoe with no back on them that make noise when you walk and are therefore casual. Any other night, cool, but come on, let's not see "how far we can push it".

Yeah right LOL! Fancy flip flops works for me!

Honestly, while I do care, I don't think I should. It's my vacation and their vacation. Once the feet are under the table, does it really, truly matter?

I love formal nights and meticulously planned what I was going to wear to each of the three scheduled on my first cruise (Celebrity Infinity). I even had a small tiff with a family member prior to the cruise because she couldn't believe I had a different pair of heels for each night -- rather than the one pair of bone colored for all 3 she recommened. She was certain me and my 3 pair of shoes (okay, really 6 pairs) were going to wipe out all our storage space.

Point is, I love them and hope they never go away, but I understand that when you are playing on the ship all day, not everyone wants to go back to their cabin 60-90 minutes prior to dinner to get all dressed up. I get this too.

My one concern --- they will eliminate them as more and more opt out or those of who choose to continue to dress formally will diminish to such a small number that doing so will be awkward at best.

Live and let live -- but darn it, why don't you like to dress up and play grown up???:confused:

IMHO, the inappropriateness of flip-flops on formal nights is more about the sound they make than the way they look. The fact that they're jewel-encrusted doesn't make a difference if they're smacking against your foot with every step you take.

I have two pairs of sequined Fit Flops (a specific brand offlip flops with a thick sole). I have been wearing them with everything all summer - jeans, casual skirts, whatever. However, as I plan on wearing cocktail dresses on elegant night, they would not be appropriate. I will be wearing dress shoes.

Since, based on the dress code, women can certainly wear nice pants outfits for elegant night, I can see how one might wear dressy flip flops. However, if I were to do that, I would go for a nice sandal.

Unless you put your feet up on the table at dinner, I am not really interested.

BTW sometimes feet swell during a cruise and shoes dont fit so well. Flip flops in my opinion are a much better option than walking barefoot and putting shoes on to enter the dining room.

I Looooooove this site. Some of the questions are up there with the best. This is one of them. And yes everyone is on holiday and they should be able to where what they want. BUT a lot of people go to a lot of trouble and expense to look amazing on formal night. And really flip flops with a formal outfit :confused: Tacky.

Beach type flip flops belong at the beach, so do noisy ones. I wear sandals but not flip flops.

My granddaughter wore flip flops that matched her long dress, you really couldn't see them, but I still thought they were the wrong choice. Since my step-son forgot one of their suitcases he had to wear crocs with his suit :o , no one seemed to notice.

I don't mind that they have relaxed the dress code, I just hope they don't relax it anymore. To my great embarrassment my granddaughter wore short shorts on all but elegant night, no one said anything about it, I wish they would have told her she couldn't be seated.

To my mind these are sandals (that happen to have a toe thing) - NOT flip flops! And they look dressy to me. The fact that they don't have a back shouldn't have anything to do with it. I live in the desert and I'd venture to say that the majority of dress shoes are more like sandals and have no backs. Rubber flips, no - dressy sandals, yes!

To my mind these are sandals (that happen to have a toe thing) - NOT flip flops! And they look dressy to me. The fact that they don't have a back shouldn't have anything to do with it. I live in the desert and I'd venture to say that the majority of dress shoes are more like sandals and have no backs. Rubber flips, no - dressy sandals, yes!

I wouldn't consider these flops.

!BVKIP3Q!2k~$(KGrHgoOKj4EjlLmZqN)BKRCNsbW!!~~_35.JPG

Archived