Cape Liberty Drop Off and Pick Up Questions

We haven't been to Cape Liberty for a few years, and those times we were the ones cruising so we parked our car there for the duration of the trip.

This time it is my son and his girl friend who are sailing - on August 20th - and we'll be dropping them off that day, and then picking them up when they return.

I'd appreciate any information you can give about traffic patterns, and the procedure for drop off and pick up. For example, is there a particular lane we should be in if we're not going to the parking lot? How long will they let us stay in front of the terminal while they're unloading their bags from the car? Will all we have time for is a quick good-bye? (I know we can't go into the terminal, but I was wondering just how rushed/chaotic it will be .

Similarly for picking them up on the morning they return - are there any signs for where to drive to, any time limit while we're waiting, etc.

Thanks in advance for any info you can give.

Laurel

We just came back from Port Liberty. You probably just have time for a quick goodbye, they want to keep traffic and luggage drop off moving. Coming home we saw alot of cars parked on the side waiting to be called to pick people up after they go though customs and have their luggage. We parked at the port and left our car. It was great just got a luggage and went to our car.

Archived